Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

HK Newman (hknewman) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Western US
About Me Winter backpacking in the Sunbelt (just started 6 weeks off). Heavy gear in the mid-90's when I was young and stoopid, then went lightweight in the 00's, and finally down to UL in Dec 2013 over 15 yrs (older and er, ...)

I'll update my gear list tomorrow ...
CityDuke City
StateNM
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListEver changing gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by HK Newman

Showing 611 - 620 of 1259 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ...126

Forum » Thread

Re: Elk Park/Chicago Basin shuttle loop questions
I'm more familiar with Elk Park and north into the Highland Mary Lakes region, but at least at Elk Park, Beartown, etc.. you can get off the ridges and into the valleys, forests, etc.. by lunch...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Elk Park/Chicago Basin shuttle loop questions
January 23, 9:00am

Re: Pre-trip nutrition
Some sort of fried potato and, as a nod to Eugene, readily available at truck stops (plus fast food joints, gourmet food places, etc..). Try not to get too crazy with the road food to keep "...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Pre-trip nutrition
January 23, 8:50am

Re: Ibuprofen risk
Never have taken it unless prescribed but with the muscle/cartilage problems written about, I'll go with the pain and try to remember to stretch it out properly.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ibuprofen risk
January 23, 8:38am

Re: Patagonia Piton Hybrid?
I was kind of looking at the hoody version but begged off. For cold, I'd want handwarmer pockets too for that price.

In GEAR » Patagonia Piton Hybrid?
January 23, 8:36am

Re: Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
Not really ed:brev

In Chaff » Newtown -- Who Here Changed His (or Her) Mind?
January 23, 8:00am

Re: modern NG as militia
Luke, they still respond to local disasters (and/or riots too) and I've actually have had some experience in this as an active commander of one of these reserve forces centers about 5-6 years a...

January 22, 7:23pm

Re: Salvation in Skykomish
Glad there are those willing to be trail angels out there. Interesting stories.

In Editor's Roundtable » Salvation in Skykomish
January 22, 6:51pm

1800s-Militia being called up by the Federal government
I don't believe the Federal Government exercised any regulatory authority over the local militias back then. Luke, actually the federal government has always had the power to mobilize mili...

January 22, 6:25pm

Re: Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
The family moved to Dallas in 1997 and because anything of real value is a day-trip away ... 18 lb pack base weight Many major manufacturers have made their products more lightweight, so maybe ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is there a decent non-lightweight forum?
January 21, 11:12am

Re: Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell 4 ounce raincoat
It's supposed to only be used when RAIN starts to fall (this is the marketing's emphasis, not mine)...ok, isn't that what a rain jacket is for? Reading the website, it states the r...

In GEAR » Sierra Designs Cloud Airshell 4 ounce raincoat
January 18, 10:24pm

All Reader Reviews by HK Newman

HK Newman has posted no reviews.