Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Adam Rothermich (aroth87) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Missouri Ozarks
About Me Graduate of Missouri S&T with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering.

I got my start hiking in Scouts and earned Eagle in 2004. Continued hiking in college and took an interest in trail maintenance/ construction.

I really like making my own gear and my favorite piece of gear is my homemade down quilt.

Other hobbies include playing with photography, computers, and tinkering with electronics.
CityLenexa
StateKS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Adam Rothermich

Showing 611 - 620 of 743 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ...75

Forum » Thread

Re: wt x speed= suffer factor
Speaking of Army road marches... My roommate is in Army ROTC and they often go out and do marches and FTX's and such. He always complains to me how in the Army they have to carry a certain weig...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpack weight vs. speed and distance
June 06, 8:29am

Re: Re. Fosters BB DIY - Weight = 2.2oz!!! CAN SIZES
When I cut the top off of my Fosters can to use it as a pot I used one of the side-cutting can openers. It worked great and left a clean edge. I just stole my from my mom but I would almost bet you...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY BB aka Gasified Wood Stove
June 06, 8:24am

Now I have to make one...
I've been tossing around the idea of making a BB-type stove since Franco posted his. I guess I need to get a hold of another Fosters can so I can get to work on making one of these. Lord knows ...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY BB aka Gasified Wood Stove
June 06, 7:16am

Re: Hate the Bowdlerizerometer Filter
Vlad Putin Huh, that one seems to pass the filter. I think it should be stuck in there with s--t and d--m. Anyway, I don't think the filter is too extreme. We do get some traffic from Sco...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Hate the Bowdlerizerometer Filter
May 25, 11:06am

New pack from ULA- the Ohm
Browsing gear sites today I noticed that Brian has put up a new pack on the site... the Ohm. I remember hearing about it in some reports from ADZPCTKO. Anyone have any pics or info on it? The site...

In GEAR » New pack from ULA- the Ohm
May 18, 12:43pm

Re: Which stove do you use most?
I would venture to say its a TT Contrail. As for the stove. I do mostly shorter trips and find that at the end of higher mileage days I don't feel like cooking. I try to bring simple no-cook...

In GEAR » Which stove do you use most?
May 18, 11:43am

Re: Humorous Gear List
On the plus side they saved 76 lbs :). I especially liked the 2 lbs savings by removing the peanuts from the M&M's. Although I don't think I'd leave the lid to the Dutch oven behind...

In Gear Lists » Humorous Gear List
May 08, 9:09pm

Re: $25 polarized shades
I picked up a pair of polarized sunglasses at my local outfitter over the summer for $30. I don't know the brand, they're nothing fancy, but they are darn tough. When loading up my car to h...

In Gear Deals » $25 polarized shades
May 08, 2:30pm

Re: What is a Tea candle stove?
http://www.freewebs.com/jasonklass/subthreeouncesystem.htm If you click on the My Blog link, there is a video of the tealight in action too. A tealight stove is simply a small tealight candle h...

In GEAR » lightest alcohol stove & pot setup
May 06, 10:14pm

Re: PCT thru hike gearlist
Hi Ryan, I was wondering if you had checked out the ULA Rain Wrap. It seems like it would be much more more breathable than rain/wind pants and would be much easier to put on so you might use it ...

In Gear Lists » PCT thru hike gearlist
May 02, 8:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Adam Rothermich

Showing 1 - 10 of 13 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Melanzana micro grid hoody
Let me just echo everything the previous reviewer said. The fit is great, not tight and not baggy, the sleeves are just the right length, and the pocket is useful. As for the hood, I was a little s...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
February 11, 12:53pm

BPL FireLite Mini Firestarter
I keep this around my neck with some other "just in case" items. I too have a little bit of a hard time getting it to work consistently and use matches as my primary means of fire starting. ...

In First Aid and Survival Gear & Accessories
April 15, 8:57pm

Gossamer Gear ThinLight insulation pad 1/8" approx. 2 oz.
I've been using my GG 1/8" Thinlight both to supplement my GG Nightlight Torso and as a sit pad. Its great with the torso pad to insulate your legs on colder nights. It provides some addi...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
February 21, 10:55am

Petzl e+LITE
Like Craig, I don't use a light that much, mostly just for chores around camp that I can't preform with only moonlight. As such I was tired of lugging around my "heavy" 3 oz PT Auror...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 07, 9:56am

Gossamer Gear G6 Whisper
One more person to note how fragile it seems. I've got a spinnaker tarp and groundsheet, so I was aware how fragile it seemed but I always feel a little wary when I sit this pack down. So far I ha...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 16, 9:16pm

Gossamer Gear
I placed my first order from Gossamer Gear, a Nightlight Torso and Lighten Up! DVD last Wednesday. I received my first order from GG last Saturday. Now that's fast! As for their products, they se...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 06, 8:37am

Gossamer Gear Nightlight Torso
I just received my Nightlight torso and these are merely my initial observations. It is REALLY light, mine weighs 3.6 oz. I bought it to replace an older Thermarest pad that weighed about 26 oz and t...

In Sleeping Pads - Foam
March 06, 8:34am

Lighten Up DVD with Glen Van Peski .
For only $5 this DVD has a lot to offer. I began converting to UL backpacking awhile ago, but reading books and advice on the forums just isn't quite the same as seeing it in action. I'm a v...

In Books and Media
March 05, 1:13pm

Princeton Tech Aurora
I picked up the PT Aurora 4 or so years ago when I was starting to get into backpacking. I looked at a few different headlamps, but at the time this seemed like the best value. Since then it has b...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
January 30, 1:27pm

Tealight stove Tealight
After not getting great results with other alcohol stoves on my SP 700 I decided to try out the tealight stove. Nothing could be easier to 'make.' Just find an extra tealight laying around th...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 11, 10:12am