Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 611 - 620 of 700 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Forum » Thread

You mentioned the Pinnacle, which is brother to the Quest. The Quest is the same size but has a frame and should be able to comfortably handle a bit more weight. I just bought one and will use it t...

In GEAR » What pack would you recommend?
February 01, 10:19pm

Part Deux
Very exciting read. Because I'll probably never have the chance to do this, it is especially exciting. I know a few of those places too and seeing and reading about them is wonderful. I really ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole Part 2: The Snowy Sierra
February 01, 9:00pm

Good for a few extra pounds.
Again, I haven't had the chance to use it, but think it will work well for carrying a full size bear canister and mostly other LW and UL equipment. Some of my stuff would be considered SUL as w...

In GEAR » 3 Backpacks. Opinions/Feedback
January 31, 9:02pm

Re: Re: I dislike drops or tabs as my primary approach
Ken, thanks. I'll have look next time I'm by there. Jerry, ya, that's what I thought too. We'll see if they release this before I need it. May continue on with my buddies Hiker a...

In GEAR » What contaminates do you treat your water for? And what do you use to filter/purify?
January 31, 8:40pm

Looks great!
But having energy bars for the belt padding is a bit of a stretch. Especially with the Clif Bar. Knowing how hard they are! Nice pack. Keep sharing the details with us and good on ya!

In GEAR » My new pack
January 30, 10:01pm

I dislike drops or tabs as my primary approach
I live in SoCal. Most of the places I go to the water is flowing fast and I've just filtered with a Hiker Pro and started drinking immediately. I really want to lighten up my load and so have b...

In GEAR » What contaminates do you treat your water for? And what do you use to filter/purify?
January 30, 9:49pm

Re: Multiple-use, too!
Now that's just plain funny. And the other comments below too. Maybe that packini needs to be made out of some colored cuban with straps long enough for a man-thong so it'll qualify for mul...

In GEAR » While necessity is the mother of invention....
January 30, 8:27pm

Re: 3 Backpacks Opinions/Feedback
Craig, I have the GoLite Quest. I haven't actually used it yet, just bought it in late December. But I had an Osprey pack and wanted to go lighter, no pun intended. I think that the light weigh...

In GEAR » 3 Backpacks. Opinions/Feedback
January 30, 7:50pm

Trekking poles
Got the Titinal (ladies) poles for around $30. They are regularly $100. Only difference between the guys and gals poles is the guys are black and the gals are silver. They work fine for me, silver ...

In GEAR » REI Garage Sale Treasure???
January 30, 12:27am

Good advice
And just a plain good read. Ryan, I appreciated all you had to say and the level of thought and style you put into it. I'll most likely never have the chance to a do a complete through hike, bu...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hiking Through Hyperbole: The Vortex of Fear
January 29, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Hermits Hut
I called a few different shops and decided that I'd do business with Hermits Hut. It was a really easy transaction. I called and Bob, the owner, answered. I asked about stock and they had one left...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 19, 8:37pm