Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 713 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Forum » Thread

105g remote canister stove
Hey Jim I am no machinist either, but with a little ingenuity it is still possible to make a 105g remote canister stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
January 24, 2:46am

Re: Re: Using up whats left...
"I was hoping that by using the 70d ripstop that it would weigh a little less than it did, but the webbing and hardware really add up." Yeah, my guess is that the fabric accounts for l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using up whats left...
January 13, 2:14am

Moment liner
So, any condensation on the roof which drips will fall onto the liner, roll down and then drip into the *inside* of the groundsheet? That is not nearly "close enough to a double wall tent&q...

In GEAR » Looking for a doubled walled "bivy" style tent
January 11, 2:07am

Re: Scottish Weather
John July - nothing to do with the weather, more likely the M***** word! Everyone else - yes, you can be sure of at least one super day per month in Scotland, you just never know which day it&#...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rannoch Moor Traverse, November 2010
January 09, 8:42am

Re: Not Another Walk in the Woods
If this inspires you, I can highly recommend the book "Clear Waters Rising" by Nicholas Crane, which chronicles his continuous solo walk from Cape Finisterre to Istanbul over 17 months. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Via Alpina: Not Another Walk in the Woods
January 05, 10:12am

Re: My first DIY Backpack
Very nice pack, looks very robust and professional. As I am considering making a pack of similar size, I'd be very interested in a breakdown of the weight of all the individual pieces. It st...

In Make Your Own Gear » My first DIY Backpack
January 05, 6:25am

Re: Rannoch Moor Traverse, November 2010
Interesting! As you say, not a route many walkers would contemplate. There are areas of Scotland which are more water than land, but you probably know not to try this in summer...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rannoch Moor Traverse, November 2010
January 05, 3:54am

Re: Bivying Tarp-Free?
In the places where I go hiking, the weather is either good enough to bivy or bad enough to require a tent. A tarp never comes into the equation.

In Philosophy & Technique » Bivying Tarp-Free?
January 03, 1:48am

Re: MYOG Winter Stove Stand
James I made this without the use of a lathe or even a drill press, so perhaps a brief tutorial is not out of the question if there is genuine interest. Almost all of the component parts are obtai...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
December 26, 12:27pm

MYOG A Winter Stove Stand
The modified Brunton stand is a great starter project, but the end product is far from light. After a couple of iterations in which a learned a few things which are not obvious, here is the final (...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
December 26, 7:27am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm