Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 703 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71

Forum » Thread

Re: How to Sew Guy Line Loops to Tent Fly??? Need Tips
There is a good tip in this BPL article: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog-laminating-silicone-impregnated-fabrics.html Basically, sew the tie-out loop to a patch of ...

In Make Your Own Gear » How to Sew Guy Line Loops to Tent Fly??? Need Tips
December 18, 2:03pm

Re: Recommendation for back up Winter Stove
The only gas that will work at -25F is pure propane and you can't get that in the normal screw-on canisters. If you want to use a pocket rocket (or any canister top stove) you will need to ke...

In GEAR » First time snow camping. Advice please.
December 17, 8:57am

Re: Re: Silicone/PU coated nylon
What are the advantages of a silicone/PU coating over regular silnylon? The hydrostatic head appears very similar to http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Fabrics/coated/Ripstop-Nylon-tent-fabric...

In GEAR » Impregnation
December 16, 6:32am

Silicone/PU coated nylon
Roger You can get it from http://www.extremtextil.de/catalog/Fabrics/coated/Nylon-tent-fabric-silicone-PU-coated-80g-sqm::1162.html in your favourite colour PS why do posts not accept hyperli...

In GEAR » Impregnation
December 15, 1:56am

Re: Re: Single or some double wall tents, any difference?
> Having a separate mesh inner tent just adds to the weight in practice, while not really bring any special advantages I agree with Roger. If you are expecting strong wind or snow, a mesh inn...

In GEAR » Single or some double wall tents, any difference?
December 12, 2:17pm

Re: Question for HRP packing
I camped beside this lake (2300m) in early July with a 30 degree (F) bag and was just fine. Disclaimer: sleeping bag ratings are notoriously inaccurate

In GEAR » Haute Route Pyrenees, Gear List and Assessment
December 02, 3:21pm

Re: Canister stove in cold weather
I don't see much contact surface between the aluminium and the canister - you would improve the heat transfer if you could increase this. However, it's not necessary to heat the whole ca...

In Make Your Own Gear » Canister stove in cold weather
November 24, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Stripping a white gas stove
"That means you need to take an extra partially full canister on some trips in order to empty it out. That's an extra 3-4 oz that is not needed." Do you never go on overnight/weeke...

In GEAR » Stripping a white gas stove
November 12, 6:21am

Re: canister inversion
The advantage is that the gas mixture in the canister does not change as it gets used. This means that the gas remains under pressure and the stove continues to work when it is cold until the canis...

In Editor's Roundtable » Primus Express Spider Stove Review
November 06, 11:13am

Re: Re: Re: Pot metal pot metal?
Our home saucepans have a stainless outer layer and a stainless inner layer with 3 aluminium layers sandwiched in between. Not just the base, the whole thing - look closely and I can see the inner ...

In GEAR » BPL Firelite Titanium?
November 04, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm