Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 689 | Page: 1 ...50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Forum » Thread

Re: Cold canisters
David - yes, the boiling of the liquid gas will cool the canister below the ambient temp. This is explicitly mentioned in the article. This effect gets worse as the canister empties when there is l...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Effect of Cold on Gas Canisters
October 27, 10:00am

Re: Waterproof Zipper Installation
Yup, you should have the shiny, waterproof side facing out. If the zip puller is one sided, that should correspond and face out.

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof Zipper Installation
October 16, 1:26pm

Re: Creating large sewing patterns from computer images
Those that have access to suitable CAD software and a plotter have it easy. For the rest of us there is a simple but more time consuming method. First draw a plan (top down view) and elevation ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SpinnShelter-esque
October 12, 2:24pm

Re: SpinnShelter-ESQUE
I am just finishing off my own design for a one person tent. There is always a learning curve when making something for the first time. I will make my canopy from silnylon 2nds so it won't be ...

In Make Your Own Gear » SpinnShelter-esque
October 12, 10:27am

Re: HRP
There is a chance of early snow or ground frost at higher elevations by the end of Sept but in general overnight temps much below freezing are unlikely.

In Post-Trip Reports » Haute Route Pyrenees, Atlantic to Mediterranean, Summer 2010
October 07, 8:21am

Re: HRP Gear List
Kit choice is quite personal, influenced by interests and desired comfort levels. You obviously have been on enough hikes to know what works for you, so I will limit my comments to a few general o...

In GEAR » Haute Route Pyrenees, Gear List and Assessment
October 07, 5:06am

Re: I'm just finishing a design...
Everett I'd be interested in your design if it does not rely on the use of treking poles. I have drawn a design of my own but am concerned that it may be a bit too ambitious. I will have to ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 5 yds of spinntex: what shelter to make?
September 30, 10:19am

Re: great TR
Great TR and photos. I spent a few days walking a very short section; in July, I wish I had the time to do more!

In Post-Trip Reports » Haute Route Pyrenees, Atlantic to Mediterranean, Summer 2010
September 26, 2:28pm

Re: Winter stove
If you use the Windpro with a butane/propane mix canister *always* inverted, starting from when it is full, it will be good down to 10F or so (0F is the ultimate limit for 30% propane). If the ca...

In GEAR » Finalizing other winter gear - feedback appreciated
September 24, 9:49am

Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Hi Roger Thanks for taking the time to reproduce this and for your diagnosis. "I think most of the carbon does get burnt up higher up." Normally, formation of carbon/soot is asso...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
August 19, 10:35am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm