BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 636 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Forum » Thread

Re: Canister Fuel Ratios
Well I can tell you that the fuel ratio varies in different parts of the world. Here in Euroland, we have Coleman - 70%, 0%, 30% Primus - 50%, 25%, 25% Here is a graph I made which shows the b...

In GEAR » Canister Fuel Ratios
February 25, 2:20am

Re: Vaude Power Lizard 2 person 2.2lb double wall tent
Interesting, looks a bit like a Terra Nova Laser. More info here: http://www.vaude.com/en_NL/ueber-uns/mountain-sports_1050.html I have 2 Vaude tents and the design and build quality are excellent.

In GEAR » Vaude 2 person 2.2lb double wall tent
February 24, 3:48am

Re: what's the verdict Roger
A gas canister (any type) will benefit from a cosy only _whilst_ its contents are warmer than the ambient temp. So, a pre-warmed inverted canister will benefit: there is no evaporative cooling a...

In GEAR » Any advantage to using cozy for butane/propane stove canister?
February 23, 1:51am

Re: Douglas Adams tent
Yup, thats a Vango Force Ten mk1. They don't make that model any more, but you can still buy the mk3, mk4 and mk5 www.vango.co.uk/force-ten/classic-std-mk3.html Utterly bomb-proof with a weig...

In GEAR » Shelter Nostalgia
February 22, 9:45am

Re: Powermax Adapter -- Cold Wx Experience?
>Is there any drop off in performance in very cold wx in using the standard canisters vs the Powermax canisters? Since both are being used to provde a liquid feed, there will be no drop off i...

In GEAR » Lightest winter stove base material
February 20, 2:35pm

What's the next big thing in headlamps?
I couldn't find what I wanted a couple of years ago, so I was forced to make my own. I don't think much has changed since. 1 Watt regulated LED, single AA Lithium or NiMH, light weight (75...

In GEAR » What's the next big thing in headlamps?
February 08, 1:32pm

Re: Re: 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
"Well that is under 2.2kgs. That has room for 2 people, and a camera (about the size of a day pack). Also area for packs, so they are not in the rain. Needs to be reasonably spacious, truly r...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 01, 2:57am

Re: inverted canister stove.
Hi Fred I cannot answer your first question. I too use my stove inside the test vestibule and this was one reason for wanting a stable stove. My first effort is here. To use a canister sto...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 27, 2:41am

Re: Red Hot
> Red hot usually means (very roughly) about 500 C: at least 1000 C below the flame temperature! The dullest red glow, just visible in a dark environment, occurs at the Draper point: 525C. T...

January 23, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 113g Inverted canister stove
I think Roger is saying that a small, hot pot support has very little influence on CO, compared to a large, cold pot base. From my very limited knowledge of flame chemistry, the hydrocarbon molecu...

January 22, 5:51am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm