Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 668 | Page: 1 ...48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: 3 days camping and a bit of a report.
> the Jetboil site claims 12L of water boiled per 100g canister This is physically possible: if the water starts at 25C the stove/pot would need a thermal efficiency of 82%. I have not made ...

In GEAR » Holy stove efficiency batman!!! Soto/Jetboil
June 01, 4:22am

Re: 3 days camping and a bit of a report.
> Anyways we had upwards of 20 500mL boils, didn't count exactly which I should have, but they were boiling while I was setting up the tent and whatnot. Anyways, we never had to swap to the ...

May 31, 3:15am

Re: lapse rate
The lapse rate for dry (unsaturated) air is 9.8C per 1000m The lapse rate for saturated air is around 5C per 1000m The 6.5C per 1000m is the 'standard' average. Ignoring the days w...

In GEAR » Maximizing weight saveing versus cost
May 28, 3:32pm

Re: Re: Holy stove efficiency batman!!! Soto/Jetboil
Hi Roger > SnowPeak canisters contain a '15% Propane, 85% Iso Butane mixture' > Iso-butane boils around -12 C > -10 F is -23 C (that's well below the boiling point of isob...

May 28, 8:38am

Re: Maximizing weight saveing versus cost
> Here's what I have: > 1) Rainshadow 2 tent > 2) backpack (not UL, but probably won't replace for this time). > 3) nice lightweight waterproof jacket. > 4) I will probab...

In GEAR » Maximizing weight saveing versus cost
May 25, 2:20am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:
Hi Roger The pot supports are made from titanium tent stakes. They are quite strong enough to support a pot containing 1 litre. I've not tried more. I'll send you a spreadsheet when I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Primus Express Spider Stove Review
May 22, 2:24am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Primus Express Spider Stove Review
Hi Roger I posted details about this stove here a few months back. In summary, the burner/mixer tube/jet/valve assembly is from a regular F1 Spirit and the hose/canister connector from the Brunt...

May 21, 9:48am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Primus Express Spider Stove Review
Hi Roger I was very interested when I first heard about the Spider only to be dissappointed when I saw it. I could not believe that Primus would expect me to pay $$$ for a stove in which the desig...

May 20, 10:14am

Re: Re: Primus Express Spider Stove Review
>Hi Roger, >Nice idea, what took them so long. >Tony and how long will it take them to figure out that the flame control knob is totally inaccessible when the canister is inverted?

May 19, 3:54am

Re: Pack for backpacking AND climbing?
I don't know how easy these packs are to obtain in the US, but I can recommend the larger OMM packs for just this purpose. http://www.theomm.com/products/packs.html I have the Villain whi...

In GEAR » Pack for backpacking AND climbing?
April 22, 3:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm