Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 653 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Re: fuel consumption
> Did you happen to measure fuel consumption per 500 ml boiled under some standard conditions? Swine of a Jetboiler that I am, I can count on using about .2 oz / pt under a broad range of field ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Soto OD-1R Canister Stove Product Review
March 24, 4:33am

You decide
You haven't given us your criterion for judging what is 'best', so will likely get a list personal favourites from various posters. You need to decide what is important and then gain...

In GEAR » Best Canister Stove Choices?
March 20, 9:33am

Thermal effects
Through my work on making this and another stove, I have realised something I hadn't before: the type of metal used for the mixer tube has a large effect on the heat conducted from the burner t...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG F1 remote canister conversion
March 19, 11:13am

Re: Thanks Stuart
> I'm intrigued by the 5C discrepancy between regulated and non-regulated stoves I didn't make myself clear: a normal non-regulated stove needs the canister contents to be at least 5C...

In GEAR » Soto OD-1R Micro Regulator Stove
March 16, 3:25pm

Re: re re: the flag
> carrying the lightest stove and the ability to use as close to 100% of my fuel, has. Can it do that? Nope > Wouldn't it be more a function of choosing the right proprietary fuel ...

March 16, 11:11am

Re: MYOG F1 remote canister conversion
Agreed it doesn't really matter if the vapouriser tube gets red hot, but the hotter it gets the more heat is conducted down the tube to the rest of the stove which can then become a bit too hot...

March 16, 7:08am

Re: the "flag"
"N-butane boils at 31F, iso-butane boils at 11F, propane boils at -43F. Is Soto telling me that through regulation they're somehow magically going to blend it all together..." If y...

March 16, 3:18am

Re: Re: MYOG F1 remote canister conversion
Hi Roger I hadn't thought of the vapouriser tube as a heat exchanger but you're right of course. Which then leads to the obvious question - how much heat is required to be exchanged? ...

March 16, 3:01am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Primus Eta PackLite System"
Altho' I haven't read the article, I would suggest that a heat exchanger pot is only worthwhile if you are melting lots of snow eg for drinking liquids as well as cooking. Note that melt...

In Editor's Roundtable » Stoves, Tents and Carbon Monoxide - Deadly or not?
Supplement 6: Primus Eta PackLite System

March 15, 11:14am

Re: MYOG F1 remote canister conversion
Thanks guys - and thanks for the inspiration provided by yourselves and fellow contributors to this forum. Franco - it's not too hard to do with just some basic hand tools like hand drill, a...

March 14, 4:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm