Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 718 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Static water pressure figures
>>> The force behind the minimum raindrop is Mass * Acceleration (gravity) = 4.109E-1 N. <<< Really? The force of gravity is balanced by air resistance when the drop is fallin...

In Make Your Own Gear » American Silnylon not Acceptable?
February 10, 1:03pm

Static water pressure figures
Richard Thanks for the link to your table of rain drop size versus pressure. I'd be very interested in the calculations behind your figures. I have to admit the figures are somewhat higher t...

February 10, 3:18am

Re: silnylon
How porous is too porous? Silnylon available in Europe is rated at 2000mm hydrostatic head *after* abrasion. How does that compare?

February 09, 9:38am

Re: Re: Climber survives 1000 foot fall
This got coverage here last week. In summary, he was walking along the summit ridge, using walking poles and decided that as it was getting icy and they would stop at the next rock to put on crampo...

In Chaff » Oh crap!!!!
February 08, 1:54am

Re: Link issue
Haha, I know what you mean by Offa's "earthwork", PC gone mad again. You probably know the two main sources of fabric in the UK, but you can get a much bigger selection from www.ex...

In Make Your Own Gear » Want To Do A MYOG Winter Tent
January 27, 3:15pm

105g remote canister stove
Hey Jim I am no machinist either, but with a little ingenuity it is still possible to make a 105g remote canister stove.

In Make Your Own Gear » 42.5gram (1.5oz) low profile remote canister stove
January 24, 2:46am

Re: Re: Using up whats left...
"I was hoping that by using the 70d ripstop that it would weigh a little less than it did, but the webbing and hardware really add up." Yeah, my guess is that the fabric accounts for l...

In Make Your Own Gear » Using up whats left...
January 13, 2:14am

Moment liner
So, any condensation on the roof which drips will fall onto the liner, roll down and then drip into the *inside* of the groundsheet? That is not nearly "close enough to a double wall tent&q...

In GEAR » Looking for a doubled walled "bivy" style tent
January 11, 2:07am

Re: Scottish Weather
John July - nothing to do with the weather, more likely the M***** word! Everyone else - yes, you can be sure of at least one super day per month in Scotland, you just never know which day it&#...

In Post-Trip Reports » Rannoch Moor Traverse, November 2010
January 09, 8:42am

Re: Not Another Walk in the Woods
If this inspires you, I can highly recommend the book "Clear Waters Rising" by Nicholas Crane, which chronicles his continuous solo walk from Cape Finisterre to Istanbul over 17 months. I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Via Alpina: Not Another Walk in the Woods
January 05, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm