BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 631 | Page: 1 ...45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Forum » Thread

What's the next big thing in headlamps?
I couldn't find what I wanted a couple of years ago, so I was forced to make my own. I don't think much has changed since. 1 Watt regulated LED, single AA Lithium or NiMH, light weight (75...

In GEAR » What's the next big thing in headlamps?
February 08, 1:32pm

Re: Re: 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
"Well that is under 2.2kgs. That has room for 2 people, and a camera (about the size of a day pack). Also area for packs, so they are not in the rain. Needs to be reasonably spacious, truly r...

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
February 01, 2:57am

Re: inverted canister stove.
Hi Fred I cannot answer your first question. I too use my stove inside the test vestibule and this was one reason for wanting a stable stove. My first effort is here. To use a canister sto...

In Make Your Own Gear » 113g Inverted canister stove
January 27, 2:41am

Re: Red Hot
> Red hot usually means (very roughly) about 500 C: at least 1000 C below the flame temperature! The dullest red glow, just visible in a dark environment, occurs at the Draper point: 525C. T...

January 23, 10:02am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 113g Inverted canister stove
I think Roger is saying that a small, hot pot support has very little influence on CO, compared to a large, cold pot base. From my very limited knowledge of flame chemistry, the hydrocarbon molecu...

January 22, 5:51am

Needle valve
Useful stuff there, thanks for that. I'm thinking about regulating the liquid flow using a needle valve (from a RC model engine) just before a pre-heat tube. This is the arrangement on my Co...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
December 29, 1:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Hybrid Stove
Hi Guys, thanks for the tips. I prised off the 'windshield' and slimmed down the aluminium heatshunt to 4mm dia. This seems to be an improvement, but I would like to do better. I think pe...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG - A Winter Canister Stove using your Summer Upright Stove and the Brunton Stove Stand
December 27, 11:19am

Re: Hybrid Stove
I was so impressed by Daren's hybrid stove I decided to make my own version for my first stove project. Many of the parts came from a MSR Pocket Rocket and a Brunton Stove Stand. As pointe...

December 26, 9:40am

Re: Wow
The black box is plastic, ABS I think. The back is 1mm aluminium, to dissipate the heat from the LED. The weak point at the moment is the switch - a 3 position slide switch for off/low/high - which...

In GEAR » 1*AA headlamp
December 25, 6:08am

Re: 1*AA headlamp
Here's one I made: 1 Watt LED, current regulated, single AA Lithium battery, 75g including battery.

In GEAR » 1*AA headlamp
December 24, 2:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm