Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart R (Scunnered) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Scotland
About Me "When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of science, whatever the matter may be."
Sir William Thomson (Lord Kelvin) 1883

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart R

Showing 611 - 620 of 681 | Page: 1 ...50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69

Forum » Thread

Re: Winter stove
If you use the Windpro with a butane/propane mix canister *always* inverted, starting from when it is full, it will be good down to 10F or so (0F is the ultimate limit for 30% propane). If the ca...

In GEAR » Finalizing other winter gear - feedback appreciated
September 24, 9:49am

Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Hi Roger Thanks for taking the time to reproduce this and for your diagnosis. "I think most of the carbon does get burnt up higher up." Normally, formation of carbon/soot is asso...

In Editor's Roundtable » Monatauk Gnat Stove Review
August 19, 10:35am

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
John "How close is the aluminum control valve housing to the "rim" of your fuel cannister?" Gas starts to come out of the canister when the clearance from the control valv...

August 18, 2:53pm

Hi Roger Similar problem as previously discussed - *some* part of the burner must be getting too hot. The only part glowing visibly are the pot supports. However, the 'windscreen' on ...

August 18, 6:55am

Re: Re: Re: Re: What's wrong with my Gnat?
Bob This stove is brand new, fresh out the box. There is no accumulated dirt and no obvious bits of swarf anywhere I can see.

August 18, 1:41am

Bob The same canister wth a different stove is fine, so not fuel contamination. I took the burner apart to look inside. The burner is titanium with a fine mesh (presumably stainless steel) in...

August 17, 2:44pm

What's wrong with my Gnat?
When first lit, my Gnat burns a blue flame, but after 30 seconds it turns orange. Anyone else experience this? Does it matter?

August 17, 2:23pm

Re: LPG
LPG is often a mixture of gasses, usually propane and butane. However, in some locations it means predominantly propane. [edited: somedays I learn something new]

In GEAR » Stove for winter camping.
August 16, 1:51am

Re: Interchangeable burner head
Thats really neat, I like it. It's always good to discover interchangeable components - did you measure the actual thread?

In GEAR » Interchangeable burner head
August 09, 5:44am

A short trip in the French Pyrenees
I made my first trip in the French Pyrenees in early July. I started in the Vallee d'Ossau in the evening and hiked up Val d'Arrious Looking back whence I had come, I had my first v...

In Post-Trip Reports » A short trip in the French Pyrenees
August 03, 3:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart R

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Coleman Exponent Non-stick Cook Kit
At first glance this looks like just another anodised aluminium cook set, but on closer inspection you will find that these pots have a real standout feature. There is a spiral groove machined or stam...

In Cookware - Other
March 29, 12:43pm