BPL Community Profile

Erik Basil (EBasil) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Atzlan
About Me Erik Basil has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Diego
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik Basil

Showing 611 - 620 of 858 | Page: 1 ...53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ...86

Forum » Thread

On the button
Here are my thoughts on and about the button compasses, and the alternative as I see it: --In a real pinch, the button/watch strap compasses are certainly useful enough to give a general idea of...

In GEAR » Someone please explain button compasses
January 23, 9:52pm

EGBOK
Hey, if the canister is lighter than what's available, easy to fill/unpack, durable and doesn't cost what a Bearikade does, AMEN I say. It is what it is, and I need the darn things. H...

In GEAR » New Bear Canister Design
January 23, 9:07am

Hmmm, interesting
I'm not as quick to condemn it, and I'd like to check one out to get a feel for issues/questions like the "will the pan warp" and "can I fill it as full as a BearVault with t...

In GEAR » Ultra Light Bear Canister
January 23, 8:48am

spreadsheet and the order of things
The spreadsheet method is great, especially to help others plot out their lightening plan. Gear first, for sure. Heck, I might never replace the boat anchor pack, but what I carry is sure going...

In GEAR » Switching to UL gear, chicken or egg first?
January 20, 8:59am

Very cool
I think that's cool. Now, I don't need or want that technology or mass for my headlamps that I backpack or camp with, but I'd love to have that tech built into the uber LED lights I mo...

In GEAR » New Petzl Nao Headlamp
January 20, 8:57am

The $6, UL survival kit
I love it: he burned 6 dollars in fuel. Actually 6 dollars. Cool link, Eric.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 'It's still better than golf!' Mount Rainier survivor describes 50 hours alone
January 18, 9:15pm

Gaz for Nick
Nick, although I can send PM's, I can never, ever open them or reply to them here, regardless of whether I'm logged in, facing east etc... Crappy software is what it is. The Gaz I saw a...

In GEAR » Canister Stove cooking cup/pot - New Design? Eliminate Seperate Windscreen.
January 16, 9:51am

venting?
Your idea, as I understand it, is essentially to attach the windscreen to the pot, with a flange extending down below the bottom of the pot to shield the burner from cross-winds. If this is right,...

In GEAR » Canister Stove cooking cup/pot - New Design? Eliminate Seperate Windscreen.
January 14, 8:03am

tic toc, fellas
Okay, well you guys figure out which solar chargers make the most bang for the gram by Summer, 'cause that's when I'll start looking for what you come up with. :)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Droid Users and The Backcountry
January 13, 9:39am

The White Rim
Well, the White Rim Trail is jeep road the entire way, but it's epic. The photo they have there is a look down from near the top at a climb/descent on the trailhead at east end of the route. ...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Top Ten Bikepacking Trails
January 10, 9:05am

All Reader Reviews by Erik Basil

Erik Basil has posted no reviews.