BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ken Thompson hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 6031 - 6040 of 7512 | Page: 1 ...595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 ...752

Forum » Thread

Re: NeoAir Size Advice
I'm 6'3" and would not ever consider a 20" wide pad as thick as the Neo. The width is bliss. I have not regretted buying a large myself. Plenty comfortable. Still take a piece of ...

In GEAR » NeoAir Size Advice
November 14, 2:04pm

Re: backpacker magazine for $3/year
You get a free subscription with your PCTA membership now too.

In Gear Deals » backpacker magazine for $3/year
November 09, 6:22am

Re: BPL Reader "best of" thread
Interesting to see lack of GPS in so many lists. Maps are cool!

In GEAR » BPL Reader "best of" thread
November 08, 6:54am

Re: What do you do...
With the wonderful economic climate here in farnorcal I have spent the past few years looking for the one full time, better paying position to replace my two part time jobs. Merchandiser/Route Driv...

In Chaff » What do you do for a living
November 03, 6:28am

Re: "3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike"
One month closer. Start that holiday shopping so we all can look at new gear in Feb.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
October 31, 10:44pm

Re: Down topquilt, my process
Good tutorial. Can't wait to see the finished product! How do you deal with the baffles when sewing up the sides?

In Make Your Own Gear » Down topquilt, my process
October 30, 10:28pm

Re: why no reviews on Warbonnet
Josh has one. They seem real popular with those on the east side of the country. I've seen a couple.

In Hammocks » why no reviews on Warbonnet
October 19, 10:25pm

Re: Torsolite/Rigid foam combo?
Here you go... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/make_your_own_gear_multi_pad_ground_sheet.html Large Neoair 17.4 oz. Just sayin'

In Make Your Own Gear » Torsolite/Rigid foam combo?
October 19, 10:19pm

Re: Montbell pillow and polycro
Get the pillow. Love mine. A Buff makes a perfect pillowcase too.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pillow and Groundsheet
October 19, 10:13pm

Re: Are there any hikes in the Bay Area...
Here is one. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=33764&skip_to_post=323256#323256

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Are there any hikes in the Bay Area...
October 18, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am