Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 8028 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...803

Forum » Thread

Re: Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
Franco wrote: I can see that it may help to keep the tent down (not fly away) but it would not necessarily keep it up (pole breakage) The main problem I see with that is if you use a superstrong t...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 12, 9:45am

Martmot DriClime vs. Patagonia Alpine
You won't gain a thing with the Marmot over the Patagonia model. They are both pointed at the same market niche and serve the same function. The Patagonia has hand pockets and a drawstring ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Driclime windshirt
September 12, 9:18am

Idea for securing tents in high winds
My father is a WWII vet and was on Okinawa during an extreme typhoon. We were talking about his experiences and he told me about quonset huts (the rounded prefab buildings used in the South Pacific...

In GEAR » Which tents under 3kg will take 100km/h winds from any direction?
September 12, 12:08am

Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater, XL
Love the jacket and can't wait for the snow to fly, but I got laid off last week. I have enough jackets-- and bills :)

In Gear Swap » Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater, XL
September 11, 10:58pm

Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater, XL SOLD
Sold! Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater, XL, silver/gray, new with tags, $60 including shipping to US addresses and PayPal fees.

In Gear Swap » Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater, XL
September 11, 7:19pm

Re: WTB: Marmot Driclime windshirt
Check out the Patagonia Alpine Wind Jacket too. It has hand pockets and a drawstring on the bottom hem, where the Marmot does not. The cut is on the trim side in the belly, but not extremely so. Sh...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Driclime windshirt
September 11, 7:15pm

Re: use percentage of body weight when calculating base load
There is some built-in differential for size with clothing, sleeping bag and pack. My daughter is like a size 2 and can pack a weeks worth of clothes in the space I need for my socks :)

In Gear Lists » Need Help with My big 4!!
September 11, 7:07pm

Re: Re: Maximized walking/hiking shoe design
I didn't know that about the Inov-8 shoes. That's really all that is needed on that point.

In GEAR » Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
September 11, 8:31am

Re: Tinder-quik tabs vs plain ole cottonballs
They aren't as messy as jellied cotton balls and pack well. I keep them for emergency use and pack 3-4 in a "spy capsule" that goes on my survival keyring with firesteel, Leatherman S...

In GEAR » Tinder-quik tabs vs plain ole cottonballs
September 10, 7:59pm

Re: Hi Richard
Dr. Lawlor wrote: "(Sorry Dale, I missed your post above. Richard, keep in mind that Dale is in the US PNW where it's also pretty wet, and I'm in Victoria, Au where it used to be prett...

In GEAR » whats the weight of a Karrimor Sabre 45 litre
September 10, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.