Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 8192 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...820

Forum » Thread

Re: Rubbermaid water bottles
The have done an upgrade. Model 7M47, 32oz capacity, opening is 2-1/8", 3" L x 3.39" W x 9.32" H. It has a slightly oval shape, making it more side-pocket friendly. I like the h...

In GEAR » Rubbermaid water bottles
October 22, 9:49pm

Re: How do you load your pack?
Good point on the shelter location--- more heads help! I'm used to the cape shelter, so it's always on top for rain anyway. This trip was sunny and cold, but working in the rain certainly m...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 11:05am

How do you load your pack?
I think loading a pack is a refined art and double that for frameless packs.I'm curious how others load their packs. Here's my last go-round using a tent with poles,3-season clothing an...

In GEAR » How do you load your pack?
October 22, 9:39am

Re: Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
Wait for summer, car camp and day hikes, or find a trail-hardy companion: My wife traversed the Olympics and did the Wonderland Trail before I met her. I'm not telling her how to do anyt...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Planning my lady's introduction to backpacking
October 22, 1:12am

Re: crampon bag
Or a pointed hat and look like a bishop protected from CIA cosmic rays....

In GEAR » Sit pad as a cozy
October 22, 12:21am

Sit pad as a cozy
I carry a Therm-a-Rest "Z Seat" sit pad, which I use in camp, on breaks and to extend my short sleeping pad. Last weekend I was cooking dinner and set a foil bag down next to my sit pad a...

In GEAR » Sit pad as a cozy
October 21, 9:54pm

Re: Lightweight Soft Shell Pants - do they exist?
The belt loops are the hangup. Most lightweight softshell pants seem to be designed for runners and have an elastic/drawstring waist. I have a pair of OR Pursuit pants with drawstring waist, zi...

In GEAR » Lightweight Soft Shell Pants - do they exist?
October 21, 8:21am

Re: Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
Nothing dire. I try to avoid that sort of thing and I guess I've been lucky. I do carry a basic folding knife and a small selection of survival gear.

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
October 20, 10:47pm

Re: Shelter in the Pacific NW
Pitching in established campsites with compacted soil and low spots is an adventure with rain. You end up with very limited choices for pitching and getting a good orientation to the weather and fl...

In Philosophy & Technique » Shelter in the Pacific NW
October 20, 8:59am

Re: Pillow and Groundsheet
+1 on the MontBell pillow and Tyvek. Now, the pillow was designed to meld with a MontBell pad using toggles. You will chase it around the tent all night with a mummy bag-- the slick fabrics make...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pillow and Groundsheet
October 20, 12:10am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.