Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 7557 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...756

Forum » Thread

Re: "What knife do you carry backpacking?"
Joseph wrote: "I believe it was Mors Kochanski that would do a demonstartion where he would pound a Mora into a tree and then stand on it to prove they were not weak knives." Yeah-- go...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
January 03, 10:20pm

Tang, schmang
The full/partial tang doesn't mean a thing if you are using the knife for general purpose cutting, whittling or food prep. I tried removing the molded plastic handle from a Mora and it wasn'...

In GEAR » What knife do you carry backpacking?
January 03, 7:45pm

Re: Re: Trekking poles and gear weight?
Sid said: "I myself have found an equally effective method to achieve the same result without the use of trekking poles... going barefoot." Might be okay in Florida, but going barefoot...

In GEAR » Trekking poles and gear weight?
January 03, 2:47pm

Re: Make your own rainfly
John wrote:"Does anyone have pictures of the Quarterdome UL fly?" Found a photo at: http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Shelters/Tents/REI%20Quarter%20Dome%20tent/Owner%20Review...

In Make Your Own Gear » REI Quarterdome UI
January 03, 2:28pm

UL Cutting Tools
If you are just going to use the Derma Safe for opening food packs, you could just use a single edge razor blade with a duct tape "sheath." It's not much use for anything but the ligh...

In GEAR » ultralight knife
January 03, 12:32pm

Rain pants, SI!
I use rain pants (Marmot Precip) and prepare for a long day of wet hiking by wearing a light base layer with them rather than trying to wear them over my usual nylon hiking pants. That keeps the co...

In GEAR » rainpants worth carrying?
January 03, 11:57am

OR Gore-Tex Mittens, Small
Old school Outdoor Research Gore-Tex mittens, adult size small. In perfect condition with thick fleece liners. Royal blue color, Velcro adjusters, rubberized coating on the palm side, 5oz even on m...

In Gear Swap » OR Gore-Tex Mittlens, Small
January 01, 4:53pm

Re: is the strap needed?
The strap is easily removed, as is the basket. Purely personal preference.

In Gear Swap » The Orphan Trekking Pole Thread
December 21, 1:35am

Re: REI Carbon trekking pole 6oz
I took on a little project with the damaged REI Carbon Shock Light pole. I removed the bent lower section, cut it off just below the bend and re-mounted the locking hardware in the shortened secti...

In Gear Swap » The Orphan Trekking Pole Thread
December 20, 5:12pm

re: If you were seperated from your pack...
I carry a small key ring with mini firesteel, Victorinox Classic knife, AAA LED flashlight, aluminum tube whistle, and spy capsule for tinder. I also carry a larger knife--- usually a 3.5" fol...

In Philosophy & Technique » If you were seperated from your pack...
December 20, 12:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.