November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 8346 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...835

Forum » Thread

Re: Feature creep
Totally. But, there are committees and profit/loss geeks who spoil our fun :)

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Peak Backpack Review
January 06, 2:09pm

Zing cases and water
The Zing cases are made of water-resistant materials for sure, but the way they are made won't keep anything dry from other than a well-place drip. Rain leaking in your pack will get into your ...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
January 06, 2:06pm

Re: Re: member
It's always so nice to see threads reduced to such lowest common denominator comments ;) It brings back fond memories of living in a trailer park.

January 06, 1:59pm

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Micro Puff Vest, Full Zip, Mens XL, Blue, New
January 06, 1:47pm

Re: Thermal Pro High Loft / Primaloft / Down - What to use when?
Polartec Thermal Pro High Loft Breathable insulation in wet, cold, high humidity environments. For example, near freezing rain under a rain shell. Perfect to mate with a windshirt. Perfect for kay...

In GEAR » Thermal Pro High Loft / Primaloft / Down - What to use when?
January 06, 1:38pm

Re: good points
Eric chan-ted: "im looking for "pack less, be more" like it says on the logo ... not that im SUL or even UL most of the time ... but BPL should be like that nagging relative which wh...

January 06, 1:01pm

Re: Re: Lens Case
Zings are good on bumps, but won't do anything for moisture. You need a hard case with seals or a truly waterproof bag of some sort. There's really no free lunch with *reliable* moisture pr...

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
January 06, 12:28pm

Re: call
I establish deadlines with a trusted contact (my spouse in my case). If I don't check in by a certain time, it's time to call in help. The snowshoers were really lucky they had cellular...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » a few more rescues
January 06, 12:17pm

Re: use poncho tarp instead of bathtube floor
A poncho won't add anything to the polycro. Rolling the edges of any ground sheet underneath will create a small ridge and *help* keep any running water under the ground sheet rather than runni...

In GEAR » use poncho tarp as a ground sheet
January 06, 12:03pm

Re: not-so-ultralight
Could be they are getting older too :) Like many new converts to a belief system, there is a period of passion that mellows with time. So you touch the SUL barrier and then find yourself taking lon...

January 06, 9:47am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.