Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 8237 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...824

Forum » Thread

Ouch! :) Try that in a lake full of glacial runoff--- they will think Sasquatch is whooping!

In Photo Gallery » Nothing feels better
November 04, 8:36pm

Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case BUMP

In Gear Swap » Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
November 01, 8:14pm

Favorite Balaclava?
What's your favorite balaclava? (I love that word). Fabric? Face cut-out-- open around the mouth and nose or just eyes? When do you wear it? I have a thin poly knit balaclava that ...

In GEAR » Favorite Balaclava?
October 31, 1:05pm

Re: camera case to shoulder strap connection
Last night, I played around with making a link to hook the case d-rings to my pack straps. I was imagining a complex link with a quick-release buckle, 3/4" webbing and snap hooks on both ends....

In GEAR » Protecting DSLR's
October 31, 11:33am

Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
I have a Tamrac top-loading holster-style SLR camera case with an S-500 chest harness. 6.3oz of the case, 106. for the case with chest harness. There is a mesh stowage pocket in the lid of the case...

In Gear Swap » Tamrac Top-Load Holster SLR Camera Case
October 31, 1:16am

Re: Help my modify a Golite Pinnacle
I have modified a pack and it rankles me a little. Why buy a pack with particular features and then cut them off? I'm thinking it is better to support a manufacturer who will build a pack with ...

In GEAR » Help my modify a Golite Pinnacle
October 31, 12:08am

Re: mid-layer
The way you use the R1 is what I had in mind. I've settled on a LS 1/4 zip Power Stretch shirt or a full zip Power Stretch vest for that function. The vest is a very recent addition and I l...

In GEAR » Favorite Mid-Layer?
October 30, 7:26pm

Re: Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
Here is a 20 minute interview with the hiker: She did not have a map or compass. She relied on reading the trail and directions given to her by...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker Missing In Cascades Found Alive
October 30, 5:54pm

Re: Peak
Do check out the "compacktor" system built into the pack. In plain terms, it has a set of hooks and loops on the bottom of the pack to reduce the volume in conjunction with the compressio...

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak and Jam Packs, Large, Black
October 29, 10:30pm

Re: Golite Peak
I think it is actually the better of the two packs. I like the waist belt better and I'm thinking smaller frameless packs make more sense. If you want a higher capacity day pack, like for winte...

In Gear Swap » GoLite Peak and Jam Packs, Large, Black
October 29, 9:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.