Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 7767 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...777

Forum » Thread

Re: SLX
I concur on the Green SLX. I went to Missoula for my son's graduation (GO GRIZ) and got a bottle of Everclear while I was there. $16 and change for a 750ml bottle. It might be a contest bet...

In GEAR » Denatured alcohol in small portions
May 23, 8:54pm

Don't leave home without 'em.
I like them. Better for the knees and ankles, rock-hopping stream and mud hole crossings with dry feet, power assist on high steps up roots and rock ladders and gentle descents on the same. Good fo...

In GEAR » Trekking poles-who uses them?
May 23, 8:42pm

AC power adapters and surge protectors
Ben, Two values on your power adapter: volts and amperage. Never mess with the voltage. You might use a unit with a higher amperage, but shouldn't use one with a lower value-- it would put ...

In GEAR » Laptop Ques. for Ye Geeks and Urban Warriors
May 23, 8:09pm

Using knives
Jeffery, Geez, we all have our opinions. You can buy or build a knife and use it any way you want. And I'll have my opinions too. My qualifications? A lifetime of using knives at home, ...

In GEAR » 2-3 oz fixed blade
May 23, 3:55pm

Using knives
My point in using knives with smaller handles is that you cannot put as full a pressure on the blade as you can with one that you can get more fingers on. If doing lighter chores, like cutting a sm...

May 23, 2:19pm

To knot or not to knot
Thanks to Josh for his contribution to the community, but c'mon kids, learn a few knots. If you can surf the Web or read a topo map, you should be able to conjure a clove hitch. What's...

In Editor's Roundtable » MYOG: Knotless PCT Bear Bag Hang
May 23, 1:43pm

No free lunch
Looks like suluk46 is using some sort of heated gizmo to score their pads (good site too http://www.suluk46.com/products%20%20-%20P4%20PF%20Sheet.html). Blue foam pads have always been a pain--...

In GEAR » packing a blue foam pad
May 23, 12:26pm

Broken knives
I've never broken a knife and have broken very few other tools and I've done a lot of mechanical repairs and wood working. I don't get the "bash your tools" thing at all. IMHO...

May 23, 11:44am

BBQ Altoids?
Interesting exercise, but I prefer my Altoids raw.

In Make Your Own Gear » BBQ out of Altoid Tin
May 22, 7:35am

Wild Things Outlet
I didn't know that had an outlet-- very nice to know. Another Wild Things bargain: people are selling the military surplus half-bags on ebay pretty cheap--- I got a new one for $65. R...

In Gear Deals » Wild Things Epic Windshirt
May 21, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.