BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 6001 - 6010 of 7482 | Page: 1 ...592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 ...749

Forum » Thread

Ex O pants
I have both the shorts and long pants versions of the amphipants and I like them a lot. I leave the briefs in and they don't chafe me as some more mesh-like ones do.

In GEAR » Ex Officio
September 04, 4:20pm

Directions on compass purchase
I use a Suunto MC-2 and back it up with a Brunton 28NL on my survival lanyard. The little Brunton is about as small and light as you could ask for and it is *technically* a baseplate. http://www.br...

In GEAR » Do I need a better compass?
September 04, 4:16pm

Keep it simple
Complicated watches are a nuisance. I have yet to see an electronic compass that is worth trusting with my life, let alone one built into a watch. I opt for a good ol' Timex Ironman that has mo...

In GEAR » Which Watch?
September 02, 9:42pm

Ixnay on the Axe, Eh?
IMHO, small axes are worthless for real wood cutting. Most small axes were designed with splitting stove fuel, limbing downed timber, or wood working. I think they are heavy considering the cutting...

In GEAR » Ax & Axes
September 02, 9:24pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller.

In Gear Swap » Mens M Softshell, Wms Lrg DriClime Windshirt
August 31, 8:21pm

Lite pants
Montane Featherlite or GoLite Whim, the Montane being my choice. There is a price to be paid-- a windshirt can be snagged or ripped, but pants really take a beating, with more mud, dirt, brush, roc...

In GEAR » Houdini equivalent in pants?
August 31, 7:41pm

Mapcases? Non!
Laminated maps, oui! Metsker maps in Seattle (in the Pike Place Market http://www.metskers.com/ ) has many of the Green Trails maps in laminated versions. Doubles as a "tablecloth" at ...

In Gear Lists » Things Noone Else Packs?
August 27, 11:07pm

Gear List Cheatin'
Ohhhh, I'll bet there's a lil' cheatin' goin' on with more than one gear list :) I'm sure there are books, MP3 players, a favorite fleece and other stuff that sneaks in on t...

In Gear Lists » Things Noone Else Packs?
August 27, 8:54am

Hypermaterialism
This is what I call the concept of hypermaterialism. It doesn't mean buying everything, rather owning only what you need and a relentless pursuit of quality, as outlined in the book Zen and the...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Economies of Scale: Budgeting for Your Pack & Wallet
August 26, 9:39am

Favorite gear
First of all, the concepts that have fostered the gear are the real change. That aside, in no particular order: Water bladders Wicking clothing Breathable (and ventilated) rain gear Trekki...

In GEAR » You Tell Me...What is the Best Gear Ever???
August 24, 8:58am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.