BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock
StateCO
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 601 - 610 of 641 | Page: 1 ...46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Forum » Thread

Should have seen that coming
Yeah, stupid question of the day.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleanliness on the trail
May 18, 10:30am

Do you use Treated water to wash body with?
This thread was really helpful but I do have one question it didn't seem to address. For those that wash your body/hair, do you bother treating that water?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cleanliness on the trail
May 18, 9:22am

Do you Treat Water if it's not consumed?
So for washing hair/body do you bother with water treatment or just use the water directly?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Water Treatment Question
May 18, 9:08am

Colorado Trail conditions in early July
I think you will find the southern route mostly trouble free from a snow perspective my early July. Any snow should largely be avoidable by that time. Not sure about bugs.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Colorado Trail conditions in early July
May 17, 4:02pm

I have a Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner
I have a Cocoon Silk Mummy Liner that I would be willing to part with. Been used one time. It weighs 4.2 ozs (weighed on my Postal scale). Retail is $50. Make your best offer.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Silk Bag Liner
May 16, 5:10pm

Found what I needed
Pretty good trip report here http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/tripreport.php?trip=8128&parmuser=Derek&cpgm=tripuser and it includes a link to download a GPX file toward the bottom of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Goose Creek TH Loop Map
May 15, 9:33pm

26 Mile Loop in Lost Creek Wilderness
I am looking at one or two nights so probably the 26 mile loop is better. So the variation that goes up Goose Creek back down through Refrigerator Gulch on the McCurdy Park trail to Brookside McCu...

May 15, 6:22pm

Goose Creek TH Loop Map
I am considering backpacking the loop that starts at the Goose Creek TH in the Lost Creek Wilderness (Colorado). I find plenty of trip reports and discussions but no really good map information, w...

May 15, 2:50pm

Just ordered/paid for Big Dig
Thanks Robert for the opportunity to go lighter!

In Gear Deals » They're back again: The lightest cathole trowels on the planet ! Titanium, two sizes
May 14, 10:07pm

Re: Re:BICs
"In fact I've never had a piezo lighter work above, say, 7k feet." I had the piezo lighter on my Jetboil work just fine at 11,500 ft. Perhaps there are differences in the quality ...

In GEAR » Mini-Bic lighter
May 14, 8:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm