Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 975 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...98

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
At those temperatures the breathability isn't the big factor, but it can be at warmer temps, when the dewpoint is outside the bag. and a more breathable fabric will allow the bag to dry faster ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
March 05, 10:20pm

Re: Stove recommendations please
Jetboils are great for hot water but not the most controllable for real cooking. take a look at the stover reviews here on BPL or on Hikin' Jim's blog for some suggestions of stoves that a...

In GEAR » Stove recommendations please
March 05, 10:15pm

Re: Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
Totally normal. At those temps the dew point is inside the insulation - unless maybe at super-low humidity. An enclosed tent might help, since the interior of the tent will be maybe 5 degrees warme...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag condensation w/ Pictures
March 05, 9:58pm

Re: JMT First camp site
There aren't a lot of water source options in that section. If go past Sunrise creek, you have a ways to go before you get to any other water. And between the top of the falls and Sunrise Creek...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT First camp site
March 05, 9:41pm

Re: Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
My experience with my Bearikades: I got food for 9 days for 2 people in a weekender and an expedition - so a total of 18 person-days. Had to repackage most of the FD food into ziplocs to get there,...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Realistic Number of Days Food in Bearikade Weekender/Expedition
March 05, 9:37pm

Re: "Kindle in cold weather"
David - no, I'm sticking with my usual timing, late April/early May. I had to lock my dates in a while back, and the odds are still with me I think. The snow may be thin by then, but probably t...

In GEAR » Kindle in cold weahter
March 05, 9:16pm

Kindle in cold weahter
Has anyone out there used a Kindle in temperatures below freezing? The specs say the operating temperature range is 32F to 95F. If I gt one I might want to take it snow camping in the spring, and I...

In GEAR » Kindle in cold weahter
March 04, 11:09pm

Re: Fabric suggestions for slightly unusual shelter project - please :-)
You can gt 70d silnylon (which is 1.9 oz ripstop plus silicone impregnation - total weight/yd I don't know) from some vendors if you want extra durability. I would not say extra storm-worthines...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric suggestions for slightly unusual shelter project - please :-)
March 04, 7:00pm

Re: 20*?
That is a classic combination that has worked well for many, including myself.

In Winter Hiking » Winter pad setup... will it work in 0F?
March 02, 10:10pm

the whole shebang
including backcountry ski gear, plus ice axe and crampons, family backpacking gear,and Sevylor Trail Boat it's about 117 pounds.

In Chaff » Full Skin Out.....of ALL my gear
March 02, 10:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.