Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 918 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Foot wear, foot beds, and foot problems
Bryan - I had similar problems - among others - with my feet. I also have flat feet. I spend most of my days on my feet working as a carpenter and construction project manager. I went to a podiatri...

In GEAR » Foot wear, foot beds, and foot problems
January 21, 3:06pm

Re: Re: the good old days
My uncle was a scoutmaster, and he and all his boys had Antelope Packs. I think scouts were the main market for them. Light green cotton canvas bags on an aluminum frame - but screwed together, not...

In GEAR » 1960's Kelty Price List
January 20, 6:45pm

the good old days
Dick Kelty - cottage manufacturer. So now I'm hoping your garage holds some other treasures of the same ilk. How about a price list for Antelope Packs of similar vintage?

In GEAR » 1960's Kelty Price List
January 20, 6:24pm

dreams vs reality
Well, another dream shattered. I wasn't likely to buy one anyway, given how the numbers looked and the fact that I already have a Simmerlite and a Whisperlite.

In Winter Hiking » fuel usage comparison
January 18, 6:15pm

soft boots and crampons
I've only worn crampons a few times, but part of that experience my be useful info to you. Twice I've been on Shasta with crampons - once in soft hiking boots, theo ther time in rented plas...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » The state of market of minimalist alpine footwear.
January 09, 9:01pm

Re: Three weeks + - where would you go?
You should get out the maps of your favorite range, and make up your own route. Look at the maps, at Google Earth, at all the photos you can find of the region, and come up with a route you like, w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 08, 1:27pm

Re: Help me decide which to keep...TT Stratospire 1 or TT Moment
One very experienced backpacker, whose posts I have read often on another forum, has the Moment and has mentioned copious condensation numerous times in trip reports.

In GEAR » Help me decide which to keep...TT Stratospire 1 or TT Moment
January 07, 3:43pm

Plenty of poor decisions to go around
Having read both books, and many other expedition books about Everest and other peaks, my take is that there were plenty of poor decisions to go around. A guide is supposed to be responsible for th...

In Chaff » Everest 1996 - Krakauer vs Boukreev
January 07, 11:27am

fuel usage comparison
I have been wondering about the differences in fuel consumption (by weight) between white gas and canister gas stoves, especially for winter use. So, I did a little testing on the stoves I have in ...

In Winter Hiking » fuel usage comparison
January 06, 10:10pm

Re: JMT logistics questions.
The longest waterless stretch on the JMT (assuming a few snow patches will be hanging around near passes) is about 5 or 6 miles between Deer Creek and the Duck Lake outlet stream. You'll probab...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT logistics questions.
January 02, 8:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.