Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 957 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...96

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Desolation Wilderness
Vincent - for the skeeter conditions, check this site: http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewforum.php?f=1 Every summer they have a skeeter reports thread, and there are usually some fro...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » CA destinations
February 20, 1:10pm

Re: Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
How long do you expect your trips to be? Makes a big difference in terms of how critical moisture management in your sleeping system is going to be. 2-3 nights is very different from 5-7 nights or ...

In GEAR » Extreme winter sleeping bag system advice?
February 19, 3:48pm

portal to Yosemite
From the Portal to Yosemite is not too hard to do but it does take some time. It's easy to hitch a ride down to Lone Pine since thre are so many hikers coming and going. Once in Lone pine yu ca...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Vermilion Valley Resort (VVR) "Free" Barrel
February 18, 8:13pm

Re: Jetboil Heat Exchanger
As long as you can comfortably touch the canister it's not too hot. Your hunk of metal may be larger than you need - most of the rigs I have read about use copper wire. And make sure that is a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jetboil Heat Exchanger
February 16, 8:25pm

Re: Re: Re: Padding in shoulder straps
I also think that the main reason for the foam is structure, not padding. A light fabric strap 3" wide will roll up and thus not spread the weight over a large enough area for comfort. I use ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Making neat straps
February 15, 10:07pm

Re: Working on hipbelt attachment
I wouldn't worry about the "hipbelt load lifters" I use them only on packs intended for skiing, where I really want to lock the pack to my body so it doesn't shift around. For hik...

In Make Your Own Gear » Working on hipbelt attachment
February 15, 9:51pm

zipper methods
Matthew - a couple ways I have done it: 1) make your cut, then at the top you cut a short 'Y shape so that yu have two short cuts at 45 degrees either way from your main cutline. Then when yo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sewing door zipper (any advice?)
February 15, 9:44pm

Re: Re: John Muir in Late April
If you've been up the Mountaineer's Route on Whitney, then you likely have the mountaineering skills and gear to deal with what you might find on the HST in late April. However, I wouldn&#...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir in Late April
February 14, 5:36pm

Re: Debating stoves
Snow peak, and have a great time. Perfect timing by the way.

In GEAR » Debating stoves
February 13, 5:49pm

Re: What's in a name OR do you even care?
The times when I would like to know the names of the plants and animals I see are mostly when I want to describe to others what I have seen. I also enjoy knowing something about the plants and anim...

In Philosophy & Technique » What's in a name OR do you even care?
February 12, 4:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.