Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 1001 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...101

Forum » Thread

Re: Best non-inflatable pad?
A Ridgerest is lighter by an ounce, and has a better reputation for durability than the Z-rest.

In GEAR » Best non-inflatable pad?
April 14, 10:27pm

Re: Sleeping Pad R-value
an R-value around 2.5 or so is pretty typical of pads like the Ridgerest or the lighter self-inflating pads or the NeoAir, so that seems like a useful standard summer pad rating to me.

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad R-value
April 14, 10:23pm

Re: Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
Having sold many a tent back in my retail days, I recall that the biggest selling point most of the time was how easy the tent was to set up. Thus the popularity of clips. The vast majority of folk...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 12, 9:33pm

Re: Cracked fingers from snow camping
Try some Bag Balm: http://www.bagbalm.com/

In Winter Hiking » Cracked fingers from snow camping
April 11, 6:25pm

Re: Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
My experience is that it's a very small difference. I've used (and made) packs with solid fabric, with mesh over reticulated fiber, and also external frames with mesh backbands. My shirt is...

In GEAR » Mesh vs. Fabric back panel on packs
April 02, 2:09pm

Re: Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
if it's just one or two nights, bagels hold up pretty well. Add some cheese and some salami and you've got a nice dinner going. I find the string cheese in individual packages does really w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Stoveless, potless, sporkless, knifeless, assembly free, pre-packaged food ideas...
March 31, 11:25pm

Re: Create Silnylon Rainfly?
I tend to agree with those who say give this tent a chance before you attempt any fly-ish mods. And if you made a silnylon second skin for it, it will definitely have major condensation issues. But...

In Make Your Own Gear » Create Silnylon Rainfly?
March 30, 11:15pm

Re: Source for EVA Foam
It looks like SULUK46 does not sell the 1/8" foam anymore. Looking at the Foamorder website, they don't give weights or density. My 1/8" foam from Suluk is lighter than what you have ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Source for EVA Foam
March 27, 8:08pm

nice one
Doug - excellent judgement call. Sounds like you learned the most important lesson of all - when to back off in the face of conditions. I'm curious about your lighter - I've always used BI...

In Post-Trip Reports » Snowshoeing Mammoth report
March 20, 10:37pm

Re: Thanks
Brent - here's a suggested route for you that is logistically easy - starts and ends at the same point and has a resupply (MTR) reasonably midway - and has lots of options for on and off trail ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR solo in a single thru-hike??
March 20, 3:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.