BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 902 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Help Me Design the Ultimate Pack
This is what I do, which I think is fairly easy and works very well. My stays sit in webbing pockets that are sewn to the pack body right behind the hipbelt attachment, with the bottoms of the pock...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Me Design the Ultimate Pack
December 31, 4:47pm

pick any two
warm. compressible. synthetic. pick any two and you can have it. one of them has to go

In GEAR » Best Very Warm (<0) Compressible Synthetic Sleeping Bag
December 26, 6:22pm

Re: Ultralight Skiing Gear
Trickling down - how I wish. But will it? I wonder if the market is big enough to encourage trickle-down. There seem to be lots of folks who want that burly tele gear, and lots of folks who want th...

In Winter Hiking » Ultralight Skiing
December 26, 6:21pm

niche, but more than one niche
Well, this discussion has certainly wandered around. Which, if you think about it, is pretty apropos, since that is one of the things these types of skis are well suited to. I think that here we h...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 16, 10:41pm

Re: Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
Nice write-up, Dave. And I whole-heartedly concur with your take on backcountry ski boots. AS a backcountry ski tourer - with the emphasis on touring- I am also disappointed with the current offeri...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altai Skis: The Hok Ski and X-Trace Universal Binding Review
December 13, 9:46pm

Re: No-sew Veclro and PU Coated Nylon
I don't know about the self-adhesive stuff, but you can glue regular velcro to PU-coated nylon with Seam Grip.

In Make Your Own Gear » No-sew Veclro and PU Coated Nylon
December 12, 8:45pm

fingerless mittens
Cut the feet off. Cut a thumb hole a couple inches up from the bottom. Fingerless mittens. Of course, this only works if they are skinny enough to fit your wrists well.

In GEAR » What to do with old wool socks?
December 11, 4:22pm

Re: Blizzard bag plus synthetic blanket inside?
One thing to be aware of with a combination lie this is that for the reflective properties of the Blizzard bag to work best, you don'tr want too much between the heat sorce(you) and the reflect...

In GEAR » Blizzard bag plus synthetic quilt inside?
December 08, 9:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Successful Windpro mod
I just use the heat reflector by itself right on the snow with my Simmerlite. Works fine.

In Winter Hiking » Inverted Canister Stove Winter Fuel Consumption
December 08, 9:31pm

Re: Going Stoveless
I've gone stoveless a couple times, only in the summer. I wouldn't want to be without hot drinks and a hot breakfast and dinner while snow camping. For me, the best thing about it is the si...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Going Stoveless
December 02, 10:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.