Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 1013 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...102

Forum » Thread

Re: Emigrant Wilderness
I take my canister because I am done with hanging food. But the bears in the Emigrant do not seem to be problem bears, so a good hang should work just fine, particularly if you camp away from the u...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant Wilderness
May 24, 10:53pm

Re: Mt. Whittney options
Is your girlfriends permit for the Whitney Main Trail or for a westside approach? Makes a big difference, if it's for the Main trail then you don't have apermit to come from anywhere else. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mt. Whittney options
May 24, 10:49pm

Re: Issue
second the motion that a bear might just walk off with it. The approved canisters are made to be a size that a bear cannot get its jaws around so that it cannot carry the canister away.

In GEAR » The "E. C. Bear Bullet"
May 24, 10:31pm

nice start
Lawson – nice looking pack. My comments (based on over 35 years of making my own packs): 1) Hipbelt could be narrower and probably better. On my lightest packs I use a 3” wide belt; 4” is d...

In Gear Deals » Possible Backpack- Feedback Wanted
May 12, 5:35pm

Re: Distance : miles or time ?
In effect I have always dealt with trail distances this way - accurate mileage measurements being hard to come by, I read the map and estimate miles and translate to hours depending on whether it ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Distance : miles or time ?
May 05, 7:21pm

Re: The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
I think the real beauty of light gear on short trips is the options it gives you. If you want your 3-day trip to be lots of miles, you stay light. If you want your 3-day trip to be lots of relaxing...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The validity of going lightweight for shorter trips
May 03, 12:12pm

no green in sight
Darwin Bench

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
April 30, 7:41pm

Re: How late in the year can you hike the high sierras in 3 season gear?
To me, Mid-September is the end of summer. But the real issue is not the colder nights. The possibility of snow is more significant. To be ready for that you want to have a shelter that can be ful...

In Pre-Trip Planning » How late in the year can you hike the high sierras in 3 season gear?
April 30, 4:32pm

Warmlite history
Roger, you decribe the Warmilte 2R in your mini-review as "deriving from the mid-2000's". I think you're a little off on your history there. That tent dates back to the 1960's...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 3: The Mini-Reviews
April 30, 11:26am

Re: Emigrant Wilderness-HWY 108
Jay - did you get up to Kennedy Meadows at all?

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness-HWY 108
April 24, 6:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.