BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 880 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: Pyramid - math help
I always like to draw the thing to scale - or full size if you have big enough paper and room to do it. Even if this is just to double-check the calcs, it is worthwhile.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pyramid - math help
October 30, 4:02pm

Re: High Sierra Trail Logistics
If you are going in over Shepherd Pass it seems like one way or the other you will pass by or near Bighorn Plateau (between Tyndall and Wright creeks). If so, I highly recommend it for a great 360 ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Sierra Trail Logistics
October 30, 3:52pm

Re: 4-seater
A little geometry shows that if the Hoopla is 64 sq ft and is hexagonal, it's about 8 1/2 ft from flat to flat, and almost 10 ft from point to point. Which should fit three fairly well except f...

In GEAR » 2012 Mountain Hardwear 4 person shelter - 26 oz
October 29, 12:44pm

Re: mid
A mid does well with light snowfall if pitched TIGHT, and if it snows heavily you will need to get out and move snow off the bottom of the sides or they will sag so much you'll lose significant...

In Winter Hiking » Winter Shelter Options
October 26, 10:24pm

Re: High Sierra Trail Logistics
I haven't done the HST, but I have tried to work out transportation for a trans-sierra ski trip, and found it possible but very expensive unless you can get a friend to do it for you, or are wi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » High Sierra Trail Logistics
October 24, 10:52pm

bears above the treeline
Altitude sure won't stop a bear, and just because you are not in prime bear habitat you can't be sure no bears are passing by. That said, the Emigrant is not the worst place for bears - I d...

In GEAR » Food protection above the tree line in the Sierras.
October 22, 6:48pm

Re: Just got one of the New Kindles
So, based on your use so far, how many hours would you estimate the battery will last?

In GEAR » Just got one of the New Kindles
October 21, 7:03pm

here's a couple of reviews
http://www.wildsnow.com/5618/cilogear-45-liter-worksack-review/ http://www.wildsnow.com/2491/cilogear-nwd-30-worksack-backpack/

In GEAR » Cilogear madness!
October 13, 8:43pm

Re: Re: Electrolyte intake
You can find lighter electrolyte packets pretty easily. Gatorade has lots of sugar so it has calories but weighs more. Two that I use are "Electro Mix" (made by the company that makes Em...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Get over elevation sickness?
October 12, 8:53pm

Re: tent company suggestions
Duane, I am convinced you have to adjust your expectations on the storm-worthiness aspect or on the weight. I've wrestled with this same question for a long time and have come to the conclusion...

In Winter Hiking » tent company suggestions
October 09, 8:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.