BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 601 - 610 of 871 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...88

Forum » Thread

Re: tent company suggestions
Duane, I am convinced you have to adjust your expectations on the storm-worthiness aspect or on the weight. I've wrestled with this same question for a long time and have come to the conclusion...

In Winter Hiking » tent company suggestions
October 09, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Left at home
In 40 years of backpacking, these are the first aid items I have used: band-aids Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen/aspirin adhesive tape moleskin So these are all I take. And on a short rip of one or ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Gear left at home
October 08, 3:24pm

Re: Suggestion...
The increased humidity may also result in massive condensation. Guess how I know.

In GEAR » Fuel stove
October 08, 3:05pm

Re: tent company suggestions
Duane - Winter where? And are you thinking dead of winter with big snowfall or more spring snow camping conditions? Also - in the woods or above treeline?

In Winter Hiking » tent company suggestions
October 08, 3:02pm

Re: Fuel stove
I would think about lightweight lanterns, Snow Peak, coleman and Primus -and maybe others - make lanterns that run on the usual butane/propane mix canisters, all around 3-5 ounces. They put out sub...

In GEAR » Fuel stove
October 07, 11:18am

Re: PCT snowshoes? (bad winter predicted)
In even the biggest snow year - like this year - you won't need snowshoes. By the time you hit it, the snow is consolidated. I have not hiked the PCT, but I was at Muir Pass this year on May 2...

In GEAR » PCT snowshoes? (bad winter predicted)
October 07, 11:05am

some intersting numbers
After reading all the above interesting discussion, I looked up some info on dewpoints and found some good stuff. If we assume that near your skin the air is 75 degrees and 60% relative humidity, t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unmanageable wetness this weekend
October 05, 7:18pm

Re: XUL Tarp Cord
have you compared the weight of this stuff to braided mason's line?

In GEAR » XUL Tarp Cord
October 04, 8:12pm

Re: Pyramid Question
I've been using shelters with snow flaps for many years. I suspect that netting at the bottom would freeze in pretty thoroughly and be very hard to get out. Silnylon flaps freeze in just right ...

In GEAR » Pyramid Question
October 04, 8:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is It Really Jet Size?
Stuart - would it be a fair paraphrase of your point to say that the regulator equipped stoves (if also equipped with a larger jet) should have an advantage in a fairly narrow temperature range tha...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Integrated Canister Fuel Cooking Systems State of the Market Report 2011: Part 1 – Overview and Performance Evaluation
October 02, 3:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.