BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 601 - 610 of 800 | Page: 1 ...52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ...80

Forum » Thread

No see um mesh
I second what Joe says about the no see um mesh It really does not breath that well Are no see ums an issue in the mountains are they every where I dont know cause you cant see um

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Trekkers Arrive
July 08, 6:03pm

Thanks everybody
I really appreciate the support I have recieved from everyone. I have called several times and I did ask to talk to MR BIG and he has read the posts and seen the pictures and his position seemed to...

In GEAR » MontBell repair Am I being to picky
July 06, 11:26pm

trash compactor bags
Get unscented to keep critters away

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » First Outing
July 06, 5:19pm

Dead air spaces
When I worked in a window factory as a service manager 28 yrs ago the rule of thumb was that every layer of dead air space added approximatly 1 r factor so doube pane glass 1 R triple pane 2R tripl...

In GEAR » Neoair vs. Neoair All Season
July 06, 4:48pm

Dirty Laundry
After one more call to montbell Id like to say that Im still unhappy with the way things worked out. First off I have no hard feelings of Montbell as a whole or their products that would be like ha...

July 06, 12:34pm

Message to POE
I just took 5 minutes to send a message to POE to either take care of you or post a message defending themselves on what they did or they will not ever get a purchase from me again and they will ge...

In GEAR » POE's warranty is a P.O.S.
July 05, 5:22pm

How old is this product
Just curious as to how old the pad is? Not that it matters cause when they decide to say lifetime they really should mean it. I own a either thermo6 that has been alright really not that warm thoug...

In GEAR » POE's warranty is a P.O.S.
July 05, 5:05pm

Great info
This is something Ive been meaning to research thank you for doing it for me I would like to try a bivy tarp combo and really I think the bivy is the tougher choice on what to buy

In GEAR » Bivy Condensation literature review
July 05, 11:21am

Momma black bears
I have also read that black bears (In general) are not very protective of their cubs and that cubs have actually been taken from their mother while treed and the mother does nothing Now this does i...

In Chaff » A bear story
July 05, 8:25am

Good question
To answer your Q Peter cause I REALLY liked this bag other than being a little tight in the shoulders which mostly made it difficult to get zipped up. Other than that it is really light(20oz) kept ...

July 04, 11:58am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.