Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

paul buzzard (troop208) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale paul buzzard hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me paul buzzard has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by paul buzzard

Showing 61 - 70 of 87 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

transferring down
Have a down bag that needs some refilling in the hood area. Have an old down parka that is the down donor. How do I transfer the down from one to the other effectively, without making a mess. Al...

In Make Your Own Gear » transferring down
December 18, 7:22am

repair
I am sure someone more computer savvy than me will link you to the article on sealing with silicone sealant. But it goes like this: 3 parts 100% silicone sealant to one part odorless mineral spir...

In GEAR » How to repair a seeping SilNylon base
December 16, 7:04am

top, imo
Per the above post, I slept on my BA 12/5 and 6 in an open shelter elevated wood sleeping platform. Morning temps were 8 and 11. I used a ridge rest on top of the BA, and a Montbell ulss #2 bag. ...

In GEAR » GG Thinlight w/ BA Insulated Air Core
December 15, 1:48pm

Test
I just posted a similar test in the super stretch thread. I think there is validity in the size/stretch of users affecting the ratings. I am in the "non stretch" size crowd, lol, and for...

In GEAR » Mont Bell UL SS #1 Down Hugger "test"
December 08, 9:28am

SS
I also have the ss #2 and my comments would be: I am slight build 6' 170# and the ss doesn' "hug" me much IMO. But it certainly does allow layering for me without decreasing the...

In GEAR » Super Stretch??
December 08, 9:07am

Aether packs
two comments on Aether packs. 1. I have the 70, huge, but convienant for what I do. You can remove the lid and save decent weight, as a day pack the lid is ridicoulus, have to remove the belt ...

In GEAR » Gregory Z55 vs. Osprey Aether 60
December 04, 8:43am

BA cold limit
I have this pad, and thru experimentation, for me, the lower limit without additional closed cell something is 30 degrees. I would rate myself as a medium sleeper, neither hot nor cold. If the te...

In GEAR » GG Thinlight w/ BA Insulated Air Core
December 03, 7:35am

ratings
I have the bag u bought and really like it. I think it is true to its rating, with light base layer on, with hat. I also think it is a good all around for all but mid summer, just use quilt style...

In GEAR » Sleeping Bag Rating
December 02, 7:47am

kid and dad
as an ASM for our troop, and 3 time Philmont attendee, (we went this year), I think you have excellent advise in the posts above. Our group was so good, (they knew each other and from the same tro...

In Philmont » Kid and Dad are a handful
December 01, 8:46am

mb
Greg, I own the mb ulss #2. I think to answer your question on differential cut, the answer is yes, the inside layer is smaller than the outside. The elastic is on the inside layer, close to y...

In GEAR » Sleeping bag for the Sierras
November 24, 7:21am

All Reader Reviews by paul buzzard

paul buzzard has posted no reviews.