BPL Community Profile

Tony Burnett (tlbj6142) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale OH--IO
About Me Tony Burnett has not added a biography yet.
CityColumbus
StateOH

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Tony Burnett

Showing 61 - 70 of 191 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Forum » Thread

underside loops...
Having made my own 3+ person tarptent-like structure (32oz including guylnes, floor, netting and stuff sack), I'd strongly suggest adding 2-4 small loops along the underside of the center seam. Th...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarp tie down suggestions
November 30, 6:46pm

NOLS Sees the Light
Base weight of 15#-20#? While for NOLS that's SUL, its almost heavy weight for the rest of the world. What gives? Or is there a bunch of climbing involved?

In Editor's Roundtable » NOLS Sees the Light
November 30, 1:04pm

pulk
Thanks for the info. Did you follow any of the online guides when building your pulk? Or did you just wing it? Why/when do you use a pulk?

In Winter Hiking » Pulk or not to Pulk....
November 29, 12:06pm

Re: pulk
How much does your setup weigh? Just wondering. I see the high dollar ones weigh 15+#.

November 29, 11:16am

Pulk or not to Pulk....
When does it make good sense to use a Pulk rather than a pack for winter travel? One major reason I see to use a Pulk over a pack (even for light 30# loads) is to allow your back to breathe. In...

November 29, 8:12am

ul hammocks
Also, be aware that the "on the diagonal" isn't all that dramatic. Your feet are on one side of the center line, while you head is on the other. The offset is maybe a foot. I know the first fe...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Hammock Camping
November 29, 7:57am

dup

In GEAR » Nylon Shell Mittens
November 27, 10:55am

Re: Make your own Overmitt
Make sure you sew together a few mock-ups before you cut the real material. I was surprised at how difficult it was to get the pattern correct for a "simple" pair of shell mits.

In GEAR » Nylon Shell Mittens
November 27, 10:53am

Re: Winter Water
The bladder is fine for day trips, but what about multi-day setups? Do most folks put a nalgene inside of an insulator holder? And put the rest of their water in a bulk storage inside their pac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Keeping water / food from freezing on day hikes -
November 26, 8:04am

Re: Anonymous posts not anonymous?
IP address is always recorded. The question is... How accessible is it? And of what value is it? Is it buried in some web logs? If so, its not likely someone would go to the trouble of lookin...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Anonymous posts not anonymous?
November 26, 7:59am

All Reader Reviews by Tony Burnett

Tony Burnett has posted no reviews.