Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stuart Armstrong (strong806) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Near the AT
About Me Going light one new piece of gear at a time.
My PDF Gear ListOHT March '08

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stuart Armstrong

Showing 61 - 70 of 109 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Forum » Thread

Re: Vegemite
When I was in Oz I had vegemite on toast and thought it wasn't too bad. It doesn't taste like ice cream, but it wasn't unbearable.

In GEAR » any import duties sending gear into USA?
November 11, 8:12pm

Big Bend in December
I was planning on doing the Outer Mountain Loop December 15 through 18 and was wondering whether there will be Snow in the Chisos Moutains and generally what the conditions are like that time of ye...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Big Bend in December
November 11, 10:31am

Re: 15
You could save 13.6 ounces by switching to 1L Platypus containers. I would leave the trowel and use a stick. How essential is the carabiner, worth 2 ounces?

In Gear Lists » My 15lb Gear List
October 30, 10:05pm

Re: Jam2
From Golite: "The updated 2009 Jam2 packs will be available in mid December 2008. The price will go up to $125.00. Please let us know if you have any other questions."

In GEAR » New Golite Jam?
October 29, 8:59am

Re: 2009 Jam2
Do we know when the '09 Jam2 will be out for sale? It would be great if I could pick an old one up for $70 on sale, but I want the hipbelt pockets!

In GEAR » New Golite Jam?
October 29, 8:10am

Items on shoulder straps
For gear lists, do you count items on your shoulder straps such as a camera case or adventure racing style water bottle as "Worn or Carried" or as part of your pack weight?

In Gear Lists » Items on shoulder straps
October 27, 8:44am

Short Sleeve Baselayer with a collar
I like long sleeve baselayers that zip because they have slightly raised collars or mock necks. Are there are short sleeve base layers that have more than a t-shirt collar?

In GEAR » Short Sleeve Baselayer with a collar
October 25, 9:36pm

Re: Idea
You could post the directions on a site with Pay Pal donations and ad revenue. You can't really patent cutting a platypus in half or duct taping one piece of gear to another. Or just do w...

In Chaff » Starting a cottage industry: how to sell an "idea"?
October 22, 9:06pm

Re: Bearikade
In that case, the Bearikade weekender doesn't look that bad at $155 per ounce after purchase price.

In GEAR » Bear Canister Rental on JMT
October 21, 10:19pm

Re: Ounces and Cents
It seems like big ticket weight savings items, or at least the ones that I want, are around $200. Right now I want a hooded insulating jacket, sleeping bag/quilt, and new pack. Each is around $2...

In GEAR » best weight savings for the $
October 21, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Stuart Armstrong

Stuart Armstrong has posted no reviews.