Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Segraves (sbill9000) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Bill Segraves hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bill Segraves has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Segraves

Showing 61 - 70 of 263 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...27

Forum » Thread

Re: UL positive feedback system
Thanks, Bas, for starting such an interesting thread. I'm not sure I buy all the feedback loops. Lightening my footwear and lightening my backpack doesn't necessarily enable me to lighten ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
February 14, 8:38pm

Re: Yes to KO
"The one downside with the PCT is that a lot of thru-hikers there have already hiked the AT. A related question is whether foot growth mostly occurs on the first long distance trip. So a key p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » FOOT GROWTH STUDY!!!!
February 11, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: frame bag makers
I take your point, David. THanks for the info.

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » bikepacking without panniers
February 05, 7:22pm

Re: Re: bikepacking without panniers
"You seen http://ultralightcycling.blogspot.com.au/" I had not, Megan. THanks, that's a great site! Cheers, Bill PS - I particularly like the behind-seat compression bag w...

February 05, 3:21pm

Re: Re: Re: frame bag makers
"Seat post beam racks will break. All of them. If you don't tour a ton it might not be an issue." I'm thinking Blackburn spec'd to carry 21 lbs isn't going to be stress...

February 05, 3:20pm

Re: Re: bikepacking without panniers
"Just curious... Why not a rear rack?" I'm not opposed to a seatpost-mounted rear rack. Indeed, I think it's probably the best way for me to add additional space to what I can ...

February 04, 8:53pm

Re: bikepacking without panniers
Thanks for all the great replies, especially the practical advice about various types of frame bags! I suspect I'm going to try going with something on the front (either standard handlebar bag...

February 04, 8:50pm

Re: frame bag makers
"rear rack (off seat post) might be good" That's one of the main additions I'm now thinking. Any thoughts on particular brands/types? Thanks, Bill S.

February 04, 8:46pm

bikepacking without panniers
I'm trying to see whether I can carry what I'd need to go on a multi-day trip in fair weather using a regular road bike without panniers or a rear triangle-mounted rack. I think I can get t...

February 03, 6:24pm

keeping shorts clean
For a multi-day ride or more, how do folks here keep their shorts and chamois clean? More than one pair so you can wash one and let it dry while you're wearing the other(s)? One of the liner sh...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » keeping shorts clean
February 02, 8:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Segraves

Bill Segraves has posted no reviews.