Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Robert Perkins (rp3957) - BPL Guest

My Locale The Sierras
About Me I usually plan 2- 3 weekend trips in the Sierras a year and try to do one 'long' hike a year. I really like the Central part of the Sierras.
CitySparks
StateNevada
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Robert Perkins

Showing 61 - 70 of 484 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...49

Forum » Thread

Bivy Condensation
I prefer to not use a tarp at all unless rain is threatening. I really enjoy sleeping under the stars! You are correct though, when I am under the tarp in normal conditions, I don't get the biv...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bivy Condensation
November 19, 9:11pm

"Sierra Lakes & Tranquility"

In Photo Gallery » Sierra Lakes & Tranquility
November 19, 8:54pm

Bivy Condensation
You are thinking along the same lines as me Bill. I had a little success with leaving my bivy opened up for the first few hours to allow some ventilation, then zipping it up for the last few hours ...

November 19, 8:06pm

Bivy Condensation
I have got to the point where I really prefer cowboy camping over being in a tarp or tent. I pack a Hexamid Solo with an extended beak for storms, but usually just set up in my MLD Superlight bivy ...

November 19, 7:01pm

FS or Trade: SMD Starlight Pack
Pack SOLD and Shipped.

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot, Helium 15 Degree Sleeping Bag and SMD Starlight Pack
November 19, 6:17pm

"FS: Nunatak Alpinist 20deg Mummy Bag, long"
PM sent with some questions. Temp rating, stuff sack included etc? Edit- Duh-oh..I guess it would help if I read the title! 20 degree mummy bag Long.

In Gear Swap » FS: Nunatak Alpinist 20deg Mummy Bag, long
November 18, 9:57pm

FS SMD Starlight Pack
Bump.

November 18, 8:55pm

Marmot
Marmot Bag sold and shipped. SMD Starlight still available.

November 17, 6:32pm

FS: Marmot, Helium 15 Degree Sleeping Bag and SMD Starlight Pack
Bump.

November 17, 9:32am

FS Golite Ultra 20 Quilt
PM'ed you Joshua on some photos and additional questions.

In Gear Swap » FS Golite Ultra 20 Quilt
November 16, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Robert Perkins

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zimmerbuilt Half-Dome, modified
I have owned many packs with some features I liked and dis-liked on each one, so I decided to give the custom order pack method a shot. After a less than pleasant experience with Kooka bay, I went int...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 24, 9:53pm

Osprey Talon 44
I picked up this pack with my REI dividend and have been taking it for a lot of 'test-runs' in the hills and have come to really love it's fit. I have switched between trying out a SMD Swi...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
April 24, 11:23pm

Six Moons Designs 2011 Swift
I have had a chance to do a quick test run of my new Swift pack with pocket hipbelt, and no stays. I am really impressed with how this pack rides! I loaded it up with about 20 pounds and took it for a...

In Backpacks - Frameless
February 09, 8:15pm

KookaBay air mattress
Edit - If I could, I would do two seperate ratings here. The pad would rate a 4, but customer sevice and response time would be a 1. I'll give it an average of 2.5. I got the pad and overall it...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 05, 1:12pm

MSR Mountain Safety Research HyperFlow microfilter
At first I just loved this filter, it had all of the qualities of a good filter; fast pumping, compact, and light. I used it in the Sierra's, in clear water, following the backflushing instruction...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
October 26, 10:32pm