Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Brown (johnbrown2005) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Portland, OR
About Me John Brown has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Brown

Showing 61 - 70 of 330 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...33

Forum » Thread

Los Angeles Packrafting
Went out to Venice today for a paddle. Just as we were tempering the boats, a lifeguard ran up and told us "no inflatables." WTF? Said it was the rule, had to put in at the Marina, unl...

In Packrafting » Los Angeles packrafters?
July 31, 3:49pm

LA packrafting
Great photo! One guy did the East Fork of San Gabriel in spring. Was gonna head to the beach on Sunday and play around in surf there. And had been thinking about a weekday early morning trip u...

July 26, 11:38pm

Tarptent Moment - Fail
Will snap some tomorrow. No idea re: wind speed, gusts were enough to knock you a little off balance if you weren't expecting one.

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment - Fail
July 26, 11:35pm

Los Angeles packrafters?
Title says it all. Anyone playing around w/ packrafts around here?

July 26, 11:06pm

Lost Coast
Headed out last week with the family. Late start from Mattole River, heading south. Nice late afternoon beach walking, the lighthouse is a convenient place to get out of the wind, eat some lun...

In Post-Trip Reports » Lost Coast
July 26, 11:01pm

Tarptent Moment - Fail
Took my new Tarptent Moment out to Lost Coast last week (see trip report below). Was a little bummed b/c the pole pocket had fallen apart while I was seem sealing, but i had devised a workaround. ...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment - Fail
July 26, 10:52pm

Tarptent Moment Top Pole
Wondering about the added value of using the top pole. The pole pocket just fell apart when I set it up in my yard to seal some seams. A quick fix is to use a piece of string to clove hitch and t...

In GEAR » Tarptent Moment Top Pole
July 16, 2:51pm

Proper packraft fit
Just scored a lightly used Yukon Yak after lusting after one for years! Sitting in it on my living room floor, I've got 2-3 inches of space between my heels and the front of the boat. Have do...

In Packrafting » Choosing size for Alpacka rafts
July 12, 8:55pm

Plan B for trip out of Portland
Nice kid shot. Took mine for a backpack hike this morning. Yeah, Rogue is hot this time I know that area a tiny bit. Will check out strawberry's. Leaning toward Olympic Coast or long drive d...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help! Need a Plan B for a trip out of Portland next week.
July 12, 9:28am

Help! Need a Plan B for a trip out of Portland next week.
Had been planning to spend next week in the Eagle Cap Wilderness in eastern Oregon. Just got a report on local conditions, between snow, bugs and high water sounds miserable. So scratch that. Oly...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Help! Need a Plan B for a trip out of Portland next week.
July 11, 5:06pm

All Reader Reviews by John Brown

John Brown has posted no reviews.