BPL Community Profile

Greg Lewis (gpl916) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale PNW
About Me I am relatively new to backpacking. I did some in high school, which was a long time ago, and just started again. I find that the UL style blends with many of my interests which include adventure racing, mountain biking,road biking, kayaking, sailing, and of course backpacking. I like to think of myself as an adventurer rather than one hobby or another. Of course, the kids have kept that in check over the last few years. I have some catching up to do!
CityKirkland
StateWA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.kirkland360.com
My PDF Gear ListGrand canyon four day

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Lewis

Showing 61 - 70 of 226 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...23

Forum » Thread

Re: ethanol residue/burnishing
There are many threads along this subject. I posted on the gram weenie stove thread about a fuel I found. I was looking for Everclear 191 but can't get in WA state. I found 95% pure Ethanol at;...

In GEAR » ethanol residue/burnishing
March 26, 9:09am

Re: Greg
Evan, I don't remember exact prices but I think I paid about $8/oz through a local company for 850 down and $13/yd for the momentum at thruhiker. The other materials would be the same. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben/Momentum Quilt
March 24, 8:24pm

re; fly fishing
Hi Aaron, Yeah, I would be up for a local fishing trip. It's been years since I have fly fished so not sure where to go, but I am looking forward to the Cedar river opening in June. Where d...

In Fishing » UL Coastal Fishing
March 24, 1:03pm

Gram weenie
Well, I have not tried that combo. I can give it a try on friday if you want. It may be a little unstable but who knows! Edit- I am not sure about the pro, I thought it was called the super. It ...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 23, 11:07pm

Re: Re: salt water tenkara
Hi Aaron, I have a Yamame too. What flies have you been using to fish the Sound? I took it over to lake Washington one day just to try it, but no fish. i am looking forward to trying it on the Y...

In Fishing » UL Coastal Fishing
March 23, 11:05pm

Looks great!
Evan, That looks very nice. I think that is my next MYOG project. Just out of curiousity why did you buy the thruhiker quilt kit insted of the supplies seperately after you had the Cuben? Greg

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Cuben/Momentum Quilt
March 23, 11:02pm

Re: Cook / Eat system
Benen, The whitebox is a great stove for two people but it needs a wider pan than the Titan kettle to be efficient. I have both a Titan Kettle and an evernew.9L pan. The evernew works much bette...

In GEAR » Cook / Eat system
March 23, 10:57pm

Re: INOV-8 ROCLITE 315 FOR ONLY $47.50 :)
Well, I am trying another pair of Inov8's. I love the feel and confort, I just haven't dialed the size in yet. I had a pair of the 390 boots, and a smaller pair of the 315's. So hopeful...

In Gear Deals » INOV-8 ROCLITE 315 FOR ONLY $47.50 :)
March 22, 10:13pm

Re: PRO-BARS
I have been using the Probar's too. They do taste pretty good. gl

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 21, 5:40pm

Re: Zion National Park - Mid May
Steve, That is a nice list. I love the format. I have been looking at your web site- there's some nice stuff on there. You have inspired me to make a few more items. I made a Sil Nyl...

In Gear Lists » Zion National Park - Mid May
March 21, 5:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Lewis

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Hermits Hut
I would caution anyone doing business with this company. I ordered a GoLight Ion on 2/18. They ran my card on 2/19. They didn't call until a week later and said that it was no longer available...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 05, 5:31pm