BPL Community Profile

Graeme Finley (gfinley001) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SF Bay Area
About Me Graeme Finley has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Graeme Finley

Showing 61 - 70 of 90 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Forum » Thread

6-day Sierra National Forest trip
I used basically this same set up for a trip in Virginia in March when night time temperatures got down to the high 20s and I was reasonably comfortable. The real reason the Flight Jacket is in th...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
August 09, 2:14pm

Re: Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
It's 6 days 5 nights (starting at lunch first day and finishing mid-afternoon on the 6th), and I end up with almost exactly 3500 calories per day with the food mix I'm planning. I'm hoping that wi...

August 09, 12:20pm

Gear List for 6 day Sierras Trip
Planned gear list for a 6 day loop in Sierra National Forest at the end of September (possible alternate date of late October but I'm a little concerned about possible night time temperatures at al...

August 09, 10:37am

Re: SuperUltraLight Backpacks REVIEW SUMMARY
I started with SUL about a year ago using a G5 that ended up being half empty, which is what prompted me to get a G6 (I'm now waiting on delivery of a Prophet). I hate having stuff hanging off the...

In Editor's Roundtable » SuperUltraLight Backpacks REVIEW SUMMARY
August 03, 10:34am

Re: Sierra NF End of September
Thanks for your replies. Sorry about not giving the timing of the trip - that was an oversight on my part. I'm planning the trip to be last week in September. I'm hoping the mosquitos will be mos...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra NF End of September
August 03, 7:37am

Sierra NF End of September
I did a trip to the Sierra National Forest in August last year with one of my main aims being to visit Tehipite valley. For several reasons (including the ridiculous number of mosquitos) I had to ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Sierra NF End of September
August 02, 5:29pm

Backpacking in Romania
I'll be in Romania in July/August and would like to take a 3-5 day backpacking trip while I'm out there. Any suggestions on good places to go? My ideal would be somewhere accessible by public tran...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Backpacking in Romania
April 26, 2:57pm

GVP G5 or Mariposa
I'd go with the G5. I have the G5 and G6, and with a 5lb base weight (same as mine) I don't know that you'd need the volume the Maripose gives you - it might just be too big. The G5 is a great pac...

In GEAR » GVP G5 or Mariposa
April 24, 7:44am

Did somebody just get hacked?
http://www.ula-equipment.com/helix.htm

In GEAR » Did somebody just get hacked?
April 24, 7:37am

Re: Massanutten Trail
So I took up Mr. Faulkner's challenge last weekend, heading out from Signal Knob on Thursday afternoon (I spent the first night at Little Crease shelter) and taking the clockwise route, finishing o...

In Post-Trip Reports » Massanutten trail
March 27, 10:42am

All Reader Reviews by Graeme Finley

Graeme Finley has posted no reviews.