Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Erik G (fox212) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale THE Bay Area :)
About Me I've been backpacking a long time, and started trying to go ultralight over the past year or so. I'm always trying to refine my gear list to improve comfort and enjoyment while also reducing weight, volume, and number of items carried. I love the simplicity of a minimal kit. I also enjoy making and modifying my own gear.
CityDanville
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List3-Season Gear list as of 09-2013

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Erik G

Showing 61 - 70 of 74 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

LineLoc 3 FTW
I use HMG's 2.8mm spectra core for my guylines, mostly because they came with the tarp along with LineLoc 3's. I really like using LineLoc's instead of knots. I find it much easier to s...

In GEAR » Educate me on guylines and line locks
September 19, 2:45pm

Re High heat, low stink
I use capilene 2 tops now, and they do not stink nearly as bad after a couple sweaty days as other polyester shirts I've worn. They are treated with Patagonia's "polygiene" perman...

In GEAR » High-heat, Low-stink options for Tee Shirt?
September 14, 8:53am

Might want to look for any length?
FWIW, it's very easy to trim and re-seal a neoair xlite to your desired length. So maybe you could look for any length neoair and just trim it down? Might help you find something quicker. I jus...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Small NeoAir X Lite
September 12, 3:09pm

How about a couch?
...for relaxing after hauling all that "non lightweight" stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQc7t2BOx_Y :)

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 2:55pm

Propane
I once passed a guy carrying a 20lb propane cylinder. His "backpack" was one of those beach chairs with pack straps. And he was hiking in flip flops.

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 1:30pm

valves
If you're going to keep the 2-way valve closed during deflation, why make it a 2-way valve? Maybe I'm missing something. Overall, I think An-D nailed it in his response though. Their val...

In GEAR » A Question for You Science-Minded Folks...
September 10, 5:26pm

Re: 3-season/losing weight
Luke and MB, thank you for your feedback. I really love how your suggestions (and others') really get me thinking critically about my gear in ways I hadn't before. I really appreciate all t...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
September 10, 5:11pm

Awesome!
Really cool! I think the photo of the dew on the spider web is spectacular.

In On the Web » My 2012 Pyrenees Walk- First Part
September 06, 7:57pm

HMG Echo
Just to make your decision a little harder, I'd recommend an Echo tarp from HMG. :) They are not the lightest for their size, but they are extremely robust and well built. I really like the mod...

In GEAR » Cuben tarp/shelter for 1
September 04, 4:22pm

"3-season"
Interesting thoughts about the "3-season" misnomer. While I'm sure my exact gear list will change at least a little every single trip, I want as much of a one-list-for-all-trips gear ...

In Gear Lists » 3-season gear list, want to lose some weight
September 03, 1:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Erik G

Erik G has posted no reviews.