BPL Community Profile

Kyle Purcell (dufus934) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me I'm a Bible believing follower of Christ. I've been backpacking for about 15 years now. A few of things that I'm really interested in are making my own gear, survival techniques and gear. I have a lot of questions and a few answers.
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.uriahthevagabond.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kyle Purcell

Showing 61 - 70 of 174 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Forum » Thread

Re: Silicone Lip Guards: Will they melt?
I've never had one melt, but the cup you've got it on might put it closer to the heat source than my bear can pot does.

In Make Your Own Gear » Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
July 01, 10:52am

minibulldesigns lip guards
These lip guards are just the braclets like the yellow 'livestrong' bands. Just streach them over the lip of the can. They work very well and stay in place.

In Make Your Own Gear » Very fun project .... less than an ounce coffee mug.
June 30, 2:47pm

Re: Re: Coleman Pack-Away Lantern Spotlite Review
I've got this light,and I'm not to ompressed. It (the brunton light) can function as both a flashlight and a lantern, but neither are very bright. A bit over priced for what you get.

In Editor's Roundtable » Coleman Pack-Away Lantern Spotlite Review
June 02, 11:26am

askl;d
go here

In User Test Forum » askl;d
May 16, 11:09am

Re: the obvious
Mixing tinkering/mixing alcohols might be a good place to start. There is a good thread here that you might be able to get some ideas from.

In Make Your Own Gear » Help, please, with my alcohol stove
May 16, 11:02am

Soft Bits
I've never had this problem. I've got chicken legs, so there is minimum rubbing. For the "soft bits" if there is any undersid chafing, I've used easy glide before, but I'...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A delicate issue ...
May 16, 10:32am

Some other thoughts
The first thing I would suggest (and forgive me for stating the obvious), but are you using a windscreen. This helps to avoid heat loss. If you are doing that, maybe you should do a little tinker...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help, please, with my alcohol stove
May 16, 10:25am

Re: Re: A few projects I've been working on.
That is some awesome gear! I only wish that I had the patience to sew something like that. I get to frusterated with long stiches and seams. Plus my sewing is not the greatest (obviously a DIY p...

In Make Your Own Gear » A few projects I've been working on.
May 08, 12:10pm

Re: Light and Easy Water Filtration for the Lazy Backpacker
This is awesome! How did I miss this? I've got to make one of these, thanks for the post!

In Make Your Own Gear » Light and Easy Water Filtration for the Lazy Backpacker
May 06, 6:35pm

Which One?
I've been looking for a pillow for a while. And I cannot figure out where to get one from. I don't want the Swedish Pillow, because it doesn't give me enough support. I need an inflat...

In GEAR » Which One?
April 07, 3:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Kyle Purcell

Kyle Purcell has posted no reviews.