BPL Community Profile

Bradford Rogers (Mocs123) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeast Tennessee
About Me Bradford Rogers has not added a biography yet.
StateTennessee
My Website URLhttp://www.facebook.com/groups/228683055956?ap=1
My PDF Gear ListSEKI Late September '13

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradford Rogers

Showing 61 - 70 of 1739 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...174

Forum » Thread

Re: Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
Perhaps a Golite Shangri La 2 ? The two pole design may make it more stable than a duomid.

In GEAR » Ideal shelter for above tree line use in the Wind Rivers
May 12, 12:44pm

Re: Any competition for the Gossamer Gear LT4S?
I have owned all three and like both the Locus Gear and BD better then the Gossamer Gear. I had some of the same issues with the GG as I have with other twist lock poles in the past though they are...

In GEAR » Any competition for the Gossamer Gear LT4S?
May 08, 7:10am

Re: bag
I would take a 20* quilt and use that until you get through the Mt rogers area. You can trade it out for a less warm and lighter quilt in Marion VA. Depending on your speed you may want to switch...

In GEAR » Midlayers?
May 02, 5:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^
You can get a Gore Tex pack lite jacket in the 7 to 8 oz range. It doesn't berate all that much better then the PU coated jackets but it is much more durable and waterproof long term in my opi...

In GEAR » Any New UL Rain Jackets on the Market ?
May 01, 9:25am

Re: Midlayers?
You will probably be fine with that but realize you will still have some cold nights. It was 18*f and snowed 10" one night on me two or three years ago in April near Cheoch bald (north of Wes...

In GEAR » Midlayers?
May 01, 8:30am

Re: MLD Packs and side pockets
Not just you. It was a deal breaker for me so I sold the pack.

In GEAR » MLD Packs and side pockets
April 28, 2:46am

Re: thanks again
Cap 1 has a much tighter weave, so I find there to be a lot more airflow through Cap 2, thus making it cooler and faster drying.

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 23, 8:48am

Re: Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
IMO heavy wool and cap 4 would be miserable at those temps. I would consider a nylon hiking shirt like the rail riders adventure shirt or Eco mesh though they wouldn't provide much warmth at ni...

In GEAR » Holy shirt! looking for recommendations
April 20, 9:29am

Re: Finally! Wife wants to come with me on longer section hikes. Need a bigger tent. Recommendations please!
Have you considered a big mid, like the Golite Shangri-la 5, Oware 9x9 or 10x10 mid, MLD Supermid, or Black Diamond mid with a custom net tent from BearPaw or similar? This allows for a roomy slee...

In GEAR » Finally! Wife wants to come with me on longer section hikes. Need a bigger tent. Recommendations please!
April 16, 4:19pm

Re: understood
It was 18.1 oz with a sil nylon floor.

In GEAR » HMG Ultamid 4 vs MLD Supermid Cuban... FIGHT!
April 13, 12:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Bradford Rogers

Bradford Rogers has posted no reviews.