Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug Smith (Jedi5150) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Central CA
About Me LEO K9 handler, with SAR, EMS background.
StateCalifornia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug Smith

Showing 61 - 70 of 286 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...29

Forum » Thread

Re: Rescue Insurance for Backpackers (Reply to Rex/Doug)
Ah, that makes more sense now Roger. I think it means something a little different than how you took it. For non-medical rescues the costs are billed to the county of residency for the missing pe...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rescue Insurance for Backpackers
January 18, 3:06pm

Re: Rescue Insurance for Backpackers
"Roger wrote: However if there was no medical injury (example: lost trail with no heart attack, or broken bones or hypothermia treatment) then the county emergency services will send a bill, a...

January 17, 11:12pm

GGG watcha bringing
I've got the "BPH" gear covered. Hahahaha I'm still working on my lighter kit, so let's just say I'll be bringing a "4 season" gear set-up if anyone wants to...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » GGG Whatcha Bringing?
January 17, 7:32pm

SAR costs
Good article Rex, thanks for taking the time to gather the info. I live in California, and can only really speak for this state. But you hit the nail on the head for our state, which is that ...

January 17, 2:51pm

Re: Doug Smith and the GGG
Hahaha, roger. Paid and thanks! :)

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 12, 9:26pm

Re: Re: GGG weather links
Hi Ken, I just went to the website and registered and then came here and read it's all full. No worries, I'm glad it looks like it's going to be a well-attended event. I'm going t...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
January 12, 6:21pm

Re: Re: Not Quite
"American's are dumb." - Hahaha, I love it! (done on purpose I hope) ;-) I would prefer a switch to metric. I already think mostly in terms of kilometers (the weights are le...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
December 31, 1:01pm

Re: def
MB nailed it, especially in his last paragraph. To me, any conscious descision to save weight is a step in the right direction. A few years ago I was at 50+ lbs for a summer weekend trip. Two ye...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I say let's decide on a general consensus of Ultralight definitions and terms.
December 30, 9:32pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: coyote
Ah, thanks for the head's up Bob, I'll check it out. :)

In Photo Gallery » a nice puppy dog photo
December 30, 12:40am

Re: Re: coyote
Nice! Do you have a link to the calendar, or where to get it? Hopefully it doesn't conflict with the site rules of BPL, because I'd love to see it.

In Photo Gallery » a nice puppy dog photo
December 30, 12:06am

All Reader Reviews by Doug Smith

Doug Smith has posted no reviews.