BPL Community Profile

Christopher Mills (Hiker816) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Denver
About Me Christopher Mills has not added a biography yet.
CityDenver
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Christopher Mills

Showing 61 - 70 of 149 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Forum » Thread

Re: metal for MYOG pack frame
Thanks for all the info! Since what I have in mind is going to be an internal frame (not external), I want it a little bit flexible, and not too bulky, but I still need it to be strong enough to a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on type of metal for MYOG pack frame
March 04, 7:04pm

Advice on metal for MYOG pack frame
I need some input from you engineering or metalworking types. I am planning on making an internal frame for a pack I'm constructing. I want to create the frame by bending a metal rod into a U...

In Make Your Own Gear » Need advice on type of metal for MYOG pack frame
March 03, 4:50pm

Re: how do the Lynx and Raptor compare with the Wildcat?
The Raptor hasn't come out yet, so I'm not sure. The Lynx has more synthetic leather around the sides, and this same material is used to connect the lace eyelets to the sole of the shoe. ...

In GEAR » Light shoes with stiff shank?
February 18, 7:00pm

Re: Light shoes with stiff shank
No problem. For what it's worth, the La Sportiva Lynx and the soon-to-be-released La Sportiva Raptor are based on the same last & toe box design as the Wildcat. Also, while I would cons...

February 18, 6:00pm

Re: how's La Sportiva Wildcat for forefoot width and toe box?
"Brad, how's the La Sportiva Wildcat for wide forefoot/generous toe box?" I'm not Brad, but I can answer that question. The forefoot & toe box are extremely roomy. My fee...

February 18, 5:25pm

Re: eVent and steam iron
Although the physics are a little bit beyond me, the ironing is to reactivate the DWR on the outside of the jacket, not to do anything to the eVent layer. So you definitely want to iron on the out...

In GEAR » eVent and steam iron
February 18, 11:11am

Re: Boil-In-The-Bag
Like Joe suggested, I've heard oven roaster bags will work for this (though I have not tried them myself). You could also try sorbent systems bags here and here.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Boil-In-The-Bag
February 14, 10:42am

Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
It looks like Ron has posted some more info and photos about the Haven tarp & net-tent.

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs 2-person Haven
February 12, 5:35pm

Re: Should I walk the PCT this year?
Do it. As a lawyer, I can tell you the lifestyle is not conducive to hiking. Even if you're willing to quit your job as a lawyer to hike, student loans could easily keep you from doing it. T...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Should I walk the PCT this year?
February 11, 2:06pm

Re: "Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve"
Take a look at the La Sportiva Wildcat. The toebox is wide, and very deep. My feet are shaped sort of like duck's feet, and they fit me great.

In GEAR » Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve
February 06, 2:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Christopher Mills

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

RailRiders Adventure Shirt
I'm also a huge fan of the RR Adventure shirt. I've used it on a couple PCT thru-hikes and many smaller trips and it is the most versatile article of clothing I've ever used. I took two ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
April 02, 7:50am