Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Henry Shires (07100) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Henry Shires hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me President
Tarptent, Inc.
CityNevada City
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.tarptent.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Henry Shires

Showing 61 - 70 of 378 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ...38

Forum » Thread

SS1 fly
Thanks Franco. Just FYI to the rest of you, you will soon be able to purchase the SS1 and SS2 fly and interiors separately. -H

In GEAR » Tarptent SS1 as a tarp for 2
February 25, 7:30pm

Moment Sale Over
The sale ended today (2/23). Sorry... -H

In Gear Deals » Tarptent Moment @ 20% off
February 23, 7:51pm

Re: Semi solid inner
The SS1 is every bit as strong as any pyramid and I will argue stronger due to the shorter unsupported spans and supported ends. In a snow event, the SS1 design guarantees crush free zones at your...

In GEAR » Tarp Tent SS1 vs Duomid for Michigan Winter
February 14, 1:29pm

Re: CA - Thinning Silicone with Klean Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits Problem
We have noticed this problem too. We had a bunch of tents using similar new formulation CA solvents that just refused to dry. Finally fixed the problem by wiping the areas down with Atsko Silicone...

In GEAR » CA - Thinning Silicone with Klean Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits Problem
February 12, 5:16pm

Re: SMD Lunar Solo vs. TT Rainbow
[shameless promotion on] If you're looking at the Rainbow, another option is the StratoSpire 1. A little lighter, packs smaller, and double wall/double large vestibules with all the ventila...

In GEAR » SMD Lunar Solo vs. TT Rainbow
February 06, 11:51am

Re: Re: Re: SS2
> a double zipper would allow the top few inches to be open with minimal rain entry I don't really follow this logic. Opening the zipper up high brings the opening closer to the interio...

In GEAR » Best UL 2 person Shelter
December 11, 5:19pm

Re: SS2
> The only issue we had with the tent which I haven't sought advice about from Henry or Franco because it didn't end up being too difficult to live with, was that the zips on the net ten...

December 11, 3:47pm

Re: Re: SS2
> One things that annoyed me a bit is that the outer zip Is one way only so could not get enough ventilation in as the vents are very small. Both zippered ends have a shockcorded elastic loo...

December 11, 3:44pm

Solid inner fabric
Sorry about the material description omission. The fabric is 1.1-ounce 30d calendared ripstop nylon. We use the same fabric for the optional liners on the Moment, Rainbow, and Double Rainbow as we...

In GEAR » Tarptent Stratospire solid inner?
November 26, 1:01pm

Re: Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
Franco beat me to it but, yes, "spooning" is in no way required when sleeping two in the StratoSpire 1. The interior easily widens to fit two side-by-side 20" pads. It is not tru...

In Editor's Roundtable » Solo-Plus Tent State of the Market Report
September 19, 10:44am

All Reader Reviews by Henry Shires

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
I have never done this before but in this case I feel that we need to respond publicly to Demetri's complaint. Here is a copy of the letter we sent him today and a link to photos of the destroyed...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 11, 3:54pm