Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 8637 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...864

Forum » Thread

Re: Ads?
Beautiful Eugene +1 Where have you been Ryan?

In Chaff » Ads inbetween Forum Posts
September 21, 6:59pm

Re: Ticks
It's funny out there with ticks. Some years are real bad and others not so much. This year we saw none when we went in April. Spring is usually the worst. Be aware but don't stress it. Peme...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Coast Trails Trip Set For Next Week (6/5-6/9) -- Any Info Appreciated
September 21, 6:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Love California
Some guy in Petaluma.

In Chaff » Love California
September 21, 6:50pm

Re: Love California
Just remember the Bay Area is not Northern CA. Nor is Sacramento.

In Chaff » Love California
September 21, 6:44pm

Re: Trinity Alps, Map
Thanks Eric! That is the place. http://www.hillmap.com/m/agtzbG9wZW1hcHBlcnIQCxIIU2F2ZWRNYXAYuoIHDA Cameron. So glad you are coming. Beer, I'm in for some.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
September 21, 6:34pm

Re: BPL Ads
If we are going to have them to stay here I would prefer to have them at the very top or very bottom. But agree that in between posts is most annoying. How about no ads for Mlifers?

In Chaff » Ads inbetween Forum Posts
September 21, 6:28pm

Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
How to get there... Get yourself to HWY 299. This would be in Redding if you are coming via I-5. West of I-5 on HWY 299 you will come to the town of Weaverville and the junction with HWY 3. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
September 21, 5:11pm

Re: Slim fit hiking pants
Railriders Backcountry Khakis

In GEAR » slim fit hiking pants?
September 20, 10:41pm

Re: Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
Was this article written for the BPL audience? I ask because so much of the methodology described seems to be what we ULrs have been doing as standard operating procedures.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking versus Thru-hiking
September 20, 9:54pm

Re: Oh dear. Is it the economy?
Joe is right. And we fall into their trap every time. Should learn... Don't reply.

In Chaff » Oh dear. Is it the economy?
September 20, 9:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am