BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 7877 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...788

Forum » Thread

Re: Bear mountain bridge Hammock
OP was looking for best UL hammock. The BMBH is not UL. Nice try.

In GEAR » Once and For All: Best Ultralight Hammock?
March 16, 6:15pm

Re: Need help with planning a trip to Lost Coast
Spend the $5 on the map, tide book, information package from the BLM. The BLM map is the best one out there. The Wilderness Press one is worthless. Check this link. http://www.blm.gov/ca/st...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Need help with planning a trip to Lost Coast
March 15, 11:14pm

Re: Mountain Laurel Design gear smell like cigarettes?
My Duomid smells like..Oh that's me...

In GEAR » Mountain Laurel Design gear smell like cigarettes?
March 15, 10:31pm

Re: Re: winds
expect some rain +1 Seems to peter out here mid June. What do you think Jerry? I love late summer/early fall here. Aug-Oct.

In GEAR » Tarps and wind
March 15, 10:16pm

Re: winds
I'll bet it will be windy that time of year. Last year blew pretty good from April till July.. Should be fairly dry,but...

In GEAR » Tarps and wind
March 15, 9:44pm

Re: Kilts and haters...jealous?
And how many skirts are made traditionally with 8 yards of fabric? You can wear it. Use it for camouflage. Use as a sleeping quilt too. Original hiking multi-tasker.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many BPL'ers wear KILTS?
March 15, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Ready for the season to start.
Camping season is year round for me as well. It seems the forums suffer through the off season though. Tempers seem shorter than when most can get out.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ready for the season to start.
March 15, 6:48pm

Re: Your backpack weighs 84 ounces!
Conventional wisdom on this site does state that the pack should be replaced last. Based on the rest of your gear, it looks like you are ready to replace it When I add up your list I get 19...

In Gear Lists » Please help me move from 1-season to 3-season
March 15, 6:22am

Re: Lost Coast in and out
Shameless self promoting bump.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Coast in and out
March 14, 10:45pm

Re: Where and When to Sell Heavier Gear
I've done well right here at BPL. A lot of the heavy gear is great for car camping. Sell during the season when it would be used does seem to go faster.

In Gear Swap » Where and When to Sell Heavier Gear
March 14, 10:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am