BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 8222 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...823

Forum » Thread

Re: Tent fail this weekend
The tent stake article is Will's not Roger's

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent fail this weekend
May 19, 6:32pm

RE: bomber sewing machines.
I have bought 4 machines from thrift stores. All have worked flawlessly. Never paid more than $40 for one either. 1 Singer, 2 Necchis and 1 New Home. Also was given a Kenmore that was reported to n...

In Make Your Own Gear » reliable, simple, affordable, jam-free sewing machine?
May 19, 1:44pm

Re: Kupilka
Here is the company's list of dealers in the US. http://www.kupilka.fi/app/dealers/list This one seems to have the largest selection http://www.ragnarokcraftworks.com/SearchResults.asp...

In GEAR » Kupilka
May 18, 9:41pm

Re: DIY Meteor Bivy by SMD Question
The Six Moon Design Meteor Bivy plans were too small for me to get a Neoair in, with my bag and self. I would increase both the bottom and the top pieces.

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Meteor Bivy by MLD Question
May 18, 6:06pm

Re: need education on guylines, linelocs/tensioners, etc.
I don't care for paracord. Too much stretch. Too heavy. Absorbs water. Do not use for supporting a person. The taughtline hitch is great though.

In Make Your Own Gear » need education on guylines, linelocs/tensioners, etc.
May 18, 6:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Verto 26
I'll let you know Sam.

In GEAR » The North Face Verto 26 pack?
May 18, 5:13pm

Re: Logo
See. Exactly what I'm talking about. And I bought a black one too.

May 18, 4:20pm

Re: need education on guylines, linelocs/tensioners, etc.
Seen this? http://photos.airpost.net/lines.htm

In Make Your Own Gear » need education on guylines, linelocs/tensioners, etc.
May 18, 3:48pm

Re: verto26
Too large to be tasteful. That company has gone logo crazy. Look at the MEC packs above. What's with the logo on the backs of shoulders now?

May 18, 3:42pm

Re: Verto 26
"I am just concerned about the side pockets because they don't look like they have any stretch to them..." Yes, apparently they do not have any stretch. But construction on the pack ...

May 18, 3:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am