BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 8058 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...806

Forum » Thread

Re: "A few Lost Coast area questions."
Wilder Ridge, Kings Peak Rd.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A few Lost Coast area questions.
April 26, 12:14pm

Re: Expert sources on orienteering?
http://orienteeringusa.org/ Would suggest David Seidman's book The Essential Wilderness Navigator as well. Bjorn's book was written 40+ years ago and does not touch upon GPS for instance.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Expert sources on orienteering?
April 26, 12:06pm

Re: Tiny House
I plan on building our tiny house myself. Finally doing all those odd jobs/repairs have added up to the ability to do so. We even have a reclaimed lumber yard in town. With just the wife and I we c...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
April 26, 12:04pm

Craig, I could run your proposed route through my Topo program and get you an elevation profile.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A few Lost Coast area questions.
April 26, 6:23am

Re: gatewood with a big guy?
Pushing the limits for yourself. No thanks for a dog in there too. Unless you want them on top of you.

In Gear Lists » Critique my initial gear list
April 25, 6:33pm

Sure people ride 101. Never heard it being done the way you suggest. I'd call and talk to the rangers at the BLM office by Whitethorn and the ranger at Sinkyone to get some idea on travel time....

April 25, 3:48pm

Re: "Tiny house anyone?"
Tiny house vs. trailer A tiny house built with quality materials can be designed for full time living. Most trailers have short term living in mind. Do a quick search for RVs rated for full time o...

April 25, 6:25am

Re: Tiny house anyone?
We live in a fairly rural setting and hope to setup on someones land as caretakers. Keeping the growers at bay, and rent to a minimum if not all together gone.

April 24, 11:03pm

Re: tiny house
I miss our 240sq/ft rental we had years ago. Could have had a better floor plan. But so easy to keep clean. We have 1450sq/ft now and we use less than half and feel like we are spread out. Been red...

April 24, 10:48pm

Re: Tiny houses
Any resistance from your permitting department? We wish to go smaller and will probably go on trailer route because of that. Best wishes for you!

April 24, 9:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am