Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 8297 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...830

Forum » Thread

Re: Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
Thanks Doug. My comment was indeed a response to the disrespectful comments about our Finnish neighbors.

In GEAR » Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
May 28, 7:38pm

Re: Re: Deliverance
Walt must be rolling in his grave.

In Chaff » Jeremiah Johnson 1972
May 28, 7:14pm

Re: Sorry if I come across as a zealot
There is also this misconception that hammocks need to be a much heavier alternative than sleeping on the ground.

In Gear Lists » Shred This Part 2
May 28, 7:00pm

Re: Re: thinnning silicone w/ laquer thinner?
With the Permatex flowable windshield silicone being readily available and inexpensive, I don't know why anyone would want to go through the effort of thinning. It is odorless also. Did my Duom...

In GEAR » thinnning silicone w/ laquer thinner?
May 28, 6:45pm

Re: Over Priced European Sierra Cup.
No need to show us the Ugly American. If you don't like it don't buy it. Capitalism at work.

May 28, 2:19pm

Re: NIX the hammock
You can still be UL with a hammock. And sleeping above ground rocks! Have you ever tried one Mike?

In Gear Lists » Shred This Part 2
May 28, 11:31am

Re: Kupilka - i am weak, very weak
You are not alone George. I have the 21 and the 55. Would like it if the cup was slightly larger though. But it's cool non the less.

May 28, 11:29am

Re: new nook nerd-book 1oz lighter than lightest kindle
These e-readers are too limited in their applications. I don't see them being around in 5 years with the advent of the tablet computer.

In GEAR » new nook e-reader 1oz lighter than lightest kindle
May 28, 9:09am

Re: Kupilka Classic Drinking Vessel
Yikes. $33.33 shipped from BPL. Slightly cheaper if you are a member.

May 28, 9:07am

Re: Montbell UL Down
He does say it's large

In Gear Swap » For Sale: Golite Virga, Montbell Alpine Light Parka and Montbell UL Don Inner Jacket
May 28, 12:17am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am