BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ken Thompson hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5921 - 5930 of 7517 | Page: 1 ...584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ...752

Forum » Thread

Re: TerraNova Ultra 20 cuben backpack
Bottom line. Eddie Meecham likes it. Plans on buying himself one as soon as they are available. Have the TGO copy here if you want a specific answer.

In GEAR » TerraNova Ultra 20 cuben backpack
January 02, 7:54am

Re: Best spoon device? Long Ti Spoon
Get a polished not the dark grey titanium utensils. Feels better in your mouth. I go back and forth with the long spoon and the S2S short spoon. Love them both.

In GEAR » Best spoon device?
January 02, 7:51am

Re: Nope....never.
me neither though i do take one usually

In GEAR » Has your knife ever helped you out of a dire situation?
January 01, 2:37pm

Re: Reinhold Metzger
DLF

In Photo Gallery » Pictures of 2010
January 01, 1:21pm

Re: Dog quilt
They are decidedly not UL. Nearly indestructible instead. The basic design is great. The fleece ones they make are nice too. I would put the fleece one on as a base and then the nylon turnout on to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dog Quilt
December 30, 11:19pm

Re: "3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike"
Secured the spots for Saturday. Manzanita Point. Group spots 9 and 10. We will be able to have a few support vehicles at camp with us to add to the backcountry experience. So might as well make th...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
December 30, 11:15pm

Re: Dog quilt
My two love their coats. Something that will stay on them without you having to worry about them getting uncovered. I bought one of these almost 20 years ago. Still going strong on our 11 year old ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Dog Quilt
December 30, 10:39pm

Re: Big 3 vs. Big 4?
Semantics. FSO weight is the only truth.

In Philosophy & Technique » Big 3 vs. Big 4?
December 30, 6:38am

Re: Burnout contest
Two stage contest. Stage one. Le Mans start. To test skill of the operator. Timer started then contestant goes off and finds wood, builds fire, boils. Stage two- Competing stoves to be ignited at s...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
December 30, 6:20am

mmmmm.

In Chaff » mmmmm.
December 29, 9:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am