BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 591 - 600 of 903 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ...91

Forum » Thread

Re: Three weeks + - where would you go?
You should get out the maps of your favorite range, and make up your own route. Look at the maps, at Google Earth, at all the photos you can find of the region, and come up with a route you like, w...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Three weeks + - where would you go?
January 08, 1:27pm

Re: Help me decide which to keep...TT Stratospire 1 or TT Moment
One very experienced backpacker, whose posts I have read often on another forum, has the Moment and has mentioned copious condensation numerous times in trip reports.

In GEAR » Help me decide which to keep...TT Stratospire 1 or TT Moment
January 07, 3:43pm

Plenty of poor decisions to go around
Having read both books, and many other expedition books about Everest and other peaks, my take is that there were plenty of poor decisions to go around. A guide is supposed to be responsible for th...

In Chaff » Everest 1996 - Krakauer vs Boukreev
January 07, 11:27am

fuel usage comparison
I have been wondering about the differences in fuel consumption (by weight) between white gas and canister gas stoves, especially for winter use. So, I did a little testing on the stoves I have in ...

In Winter Hiking » fuel usage comparison
January 06, 10:10pm

Re: JMT logistics questions.
The longest waterless stretch on the JMT (assuming a few snow patches will be hanging around near passes) is about 5 or 6 miles between Deer Creek and the Duck Lake outlet stream. You'll probab...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT logistics questions.
January 02, 8:11pm

Re: TrailStar And Twin Sisters
Stephen Mullen writes: "I had also looked at the Twin sisters but was put off by reports that the pegging points where to far apart for a proper windy pitch and the snow skirt is easily damage...

In GEAR » Suggestions for Ultralite winter shelter under $200
January 02, 8:01pm

Re: Suggestions for Ultralite winter shelter under $200
I've had good luck with an MSR Twin Peaks - which I believe is now revised and renamed the twin sisters - it handles snow load well, and high winds really well. Black Diamond Betalight is the s...

In GEAR » Suggestions for Ultralite winter shelter under $200
January 02, 12:09pm

Re: Re: can we get a test, please
Roger - I've read most (if not all) of the stove articles on BPL, and yes, lots of fuel usage data - for the various canister gas stoves. But almost none for any WG stoves, and none that direct...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fuel usage per day OH vs canister
January 01, 9:14pm

can we get a test, please
Boy, we see this question or one like it often. So it would be great if Roger or Will (or both) could do a real-world based test on this - how about a Snow peak upright, a jetboil Sol, a Whisperlit...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Fuel usage per day OH vs canister
December 31, 11:32pm

extra room
I made some with 3 oz Polarguard 3D, using a pattern i Already had developed for shell pants. I found I had to add substantial extra girth to the outside shell pieces to allow for the insulation to...

In Make Your Own Gear » Insulated pants
December 31, 11:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.