Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 591 - 600 of 917 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: CA destinations
Desolation can be really nice if you head for the areas that get less use - there are some nice little lakes in the Rockbound Valley that don't see a lot of visitors, and the lakes around Aloha...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » CA destinations
February 02, 9:03pm

Re: John Muir in Late April
Late April/early may is the prime backcountry skiing window. Hiking - not so much. It is vaguely possible that this year will be so abnormal that you could do a god portion of the trail at that poi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » John Muir in Late April
February 02, 6:04pm

Reactor questions
Brad - nice work. I have a couple questions about the Reactor. First, in your carts the pot for the Reactor seems to be listed with two differnt weights. In the first chart, with stove weights, po...

In Editor's Roundtable » Deep Freeze: A Cold, Hard Look at Winter Stoves
February 01, 10:58pm

beware the bias
You may have issues with fabric stretch on the bias at your corners. What may happen is that the fabric stretches so much more on the bias ( which your ridgelines to the corner will be) that the ce...

In Make Your Own Gear » forming the "peak" of a mid
January 31, 11:28pm

Re: Bearikade Expedition MKII / Outsak UL / Bear Vault BV500
I have both sizes of Bearikades and also an older Bear Vault (mine is no longer approved). Love the Bearikades. More room, less weight, easy to open. At the time that I bought the Bearikades, anoth...

In GEAR » Bearikade Expedition MKII / Outsak UL / Bear Vault BV500
January 31, 1:34pm

Re: Tahoe Rim Trail
It's going to depend not only on the conditions at that point, but also what your idea of "do-able" is. There will be some snow, even if it turns out to be a really low snow year. If ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Tahoe Rim Trail
January 28, 3:55pm

tenaya
Cool -a lot of nice adventures were had on the ice. here's another one I found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26EeBKVnWLE

In Post-Trip Reports » 36 hours - Road Trip to Tenaya Lake Jan 14-15 2012
January 27, 10:42pm

Re: Sierra Snowpack 2012
I study the Sierra snowpack levels pretty steadily every spring as I plan my backcountry ski trips. The one thing you can count on is that at this point in the season we don't know diddly about...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Snowpack 2012
January 25, 10:49pm

Re: Staying dry during heavy winter activities
I agree that if you are in a baselayer and windshirt and are sweating, step one is to take off the windshirt. Get a white baselayer shirt and it will be the coolest if there is sun. What are you we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Staying dry during heavy winter activities
January 22, 5:21pm

Re: Foot wear, foot beds, and foot problems
Bryan - I had similar problems - among others - with my feet. I also have flat feet. I spend most of my days on my feet working as a carpenter and construction project manager. I went to a podiatri...

In GEAR » Foot wear, foot beds, and foot problems
January 21, 3:06pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.