BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 591 - 600 of 832 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ...84

Forum » Thread

40 degree trip
For some reason this reminds me of a backcountry ski trip I once took that my buddy and I came to refer to as the "40 degree trip" becasue the temperature for the entire trip was 40 degre...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Fifty minute climbs
August 21, 5:12pm

153gm remote canister stove performance
I bought this stove from an Ebay vendor - it looks just like the Bulin Beartooth B5 stove, but is labeled on the packaging as "One Road" model RT-807. cost $27.50 shipped. I have been w...

In GEAR » 153gm remote canister stove performance
August 19, 9:47pm

Re: Going with a lighter sleeping bag/quilt (pushing it's limits), has it worked out?
I have a Hydrogen which I like for the summer. I thought I'd try to go lighter on one of my backcountry ski trips - typical temps in the high teens. Wearing insulated jacket and pants (homemade...

In GEAR » Going with a lighter sleeping bag/quilt (pushing it's limits), has it worked out?
August 18, 10:36pm

Re: Black Diamond Highlight / Firstlight
I have a lighthouse - with the EPIC fabric. My experience is it is functionally waterproof for what I have had it in - which has been short but intense thundershowers in the Sierra - I've only ...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Highlight / Firstlight
August 15, 7:10pm

Re: Stephenson's Warmlite 2R
Douglas - I've always been intrigued by Warmilte tents but have never had my hands on one. So I have a couple questions you might be able to answer. Does it seem like the top vent can stay open...

In GEAR » Stephenson's Warmlite 2R
August 12, 5:54pm

question for Henry
Henry - Since you are participating in this discussion I wonder if you can give us a weight for just the fly on this baby?

In GEAR » Coming Soon: Tarptent StratoSpire
August 12, 5:43pm

Re: JMT- Bear Canister Conundrum
I have had 9 days worth of food for 2 in 1 expedition and 1 weekender. That works out to 172 cu in per day for 2. At 5.5 days that makes 946 cu in. I was trying to feed a teenager on that trip, so ...

In Gear Lists » JMT- Bear Canister Conundrum
August 08, 9:19pm

Re: Ziploc Twist n Loc for Freezer Bag Cooking
I suspect those are heavier than these: http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/ContainersSmartSnapSeal.aspx?SizeName=Medium%20Bowl Which I have used for years as my bowl/reconstituting container. I...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Ziploc Twist n Loc for Freezer Bag Cooking
August 05, 9:34pm

Re: Days
How many miles per day would you usually expect to cover at the altitudes you are used to? If you can comfortably do 15 miles per day at lower elevations but with plenty of up and down, then I woul...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Kearsarge Pass to Bishop Pass Guide Book
August 02, 8:48pm

Re: Emigrant Wilderness - Solo Trip
James - looks like you had a great time. It's a great area to wander around in. My favorite trailhead up there is Gianelli - it's up on a ridge so you have views almost right away, and in t...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness - Solo Trip
July 22, 10:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.