Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 591 - 600 of 1022 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ...103

Forum » Thread

Re: stove??
I've used esbit for solo trips, but I wouldn't bother for two people. You can boil a liter on two tablets; I've tried that. It works great if what you are doing is boiling water and you...

In Gear Lists » First-timer... JMT 2012
June 21, 7:36pm

Re: second stove purchase .... opinions wanted
Andrew - How long is your typical trip? The jetboil Sol aluminum can be a very weight efficient option if your trips are long enough, but for 2-3 day trips it will be heavier, since with either the...

In GEAR » second stove purchase .... opinions wanted
June 18, 9:33pm

Re: re: down and synthetic
My experience has been that it is day after day of damp conditions where I have had loss of loft with a down sleeping bag. Not getting it wet in any one-time event, but just picking up moisture con...

In Editor's Roundtable » Insulation Measurement
June 15, 6:55pm

Re: Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
Try here: http://www.highsierratopix.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7563

In Post-Trip Reports » Sequoia and Kings Canyon area conditions, please respond with reports
June 13, 9:30pm

Re: Whitney Mountaineering Route
Look here - massive amounts of info on all things Whitney: http://whitneyportalstore.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=1&page=1

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Whitney Mountaineering Route
June 12, 10:56pm

Re: Considering an ice axe: BD Raven Pro or Camp Corsa?
The Corsa is a very limited tool. I have one for backcountry ski trips. You wouldn't want to do anything but self-arrest with it (or just use it on an uphill or traverse where you're plungi...

In GEAR » Considering an ice axe: BD Raven Pro or Camp Corsa?
June 11, 11:39pm

A suggestion
I think a good idea would be to get some folks together and some sleeping bags and have them lie down in the tent and see how they like it. Market research, if you will. Always a good idea to get s...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
June 09, 8:46pm

Re: Help for Mt. Whitney climb
John, I think your list looks pretty good with the possible exception of the cap 3 bottoms. Long johns are not going to get used unless you start with them on and add from there, and those cap 3...

In GEAR » Help for Mt. Whitney climb
June 09, 2:14pm

size comments
Roger - congratulations or as they say in your neck of the woods, Good on ya, mate! I think your length is fine, given that your ends are vertical or nearly so. I think your width is narrow, tho...

In GEAR » The CAFFIN tents come!
June 09, 1:58pm

Re: Feedback, lightening load, fretting over nothing
Sleeping shirt - big yes. so nice at the nd of the day, and while the hiking shirt is drying. Plus it is one more layer that you can wear in the "man its cold I'm wearing everything I have...

In Philosophy & Technique » Feedback, lightening load, fretting over nothing
June 07, 11:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.