Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul McLaughlin (paul) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Paul McLaughlin hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Paul McLaughlin has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul McLaughlin

Showing 591 - 600 of 937 | Page: 1 ...51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ...94

Forum » Thread

Re: Teach me about tin snips
You probably won't need the right/left versions - they are mostly for cutting curves. For lighter gauge stuff, a pair of utility shears is sometimes nice - basically just a heavy-duty pair of s...

In Make Your Own Gear » Teach me about tin snips
February 12, 4:44pm

Re: Waist Belt Mesh Fabric
If you are wondering about the long-term durability of Leno mesh, I can tell you it is extremely durable. I have a pack I made in 1984 that has leno mesh on the inside of the hipbelt and it shows n...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waist Belt Mesh Fabric
February 09, 12:04pm

Re: Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 2
After your mods, does the pot still work with the jetboil burner, in the sense of, does it still lock on?

In GEAR » Jetboil Zip Hacks ... Part 2
February 07, 8:38pm

scouts making their own gear
I am curious what all the experienced scout leaders out there think about the idea of scouts making their own gear - particularly packs. I have been making my own packs since I was 13, so I know th...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » scouts making their own gear
February 07, 3:48pm

Re: That was just the packing list
Doug, it sounds like you are doing a great job. These kids are lucky to have you to lead them into the outdoors.

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Upcoming Troop Backpack Trek
February 07, 3:41pm

Re: Desolation Wilderness
Desolation is spectacular. And there are other ares that are even more spectacular, and over a larger area, and see fewer visitors. Will you have a great trip if you go to Desolation? I bet you wil...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » CA destinations
February 07, 1:18pm

Re: Upcoming Troop Backpack Trek
I think your list looks good. But I also think you might do better tobe more item specific. Having worked in outdoor stores and sold gear to a lot of parents coming in with lists form scoutmasters...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Upcoming Troop Backpack Trek
February 07, 12:03am

Re: Re: Re: Fuel line
mcmaster/carr will cut to length http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-and-rubber-tubing/=g526na

In Make Your Own Gear » UL remote canister stove
February 06, 11:27pm

Re: Bannock
Whole wheat flour is about 95 cal/oz, so not great in terms of energy/weight ratio, but better then carrying bread or tortillas, since they have some water in them. But probably only worth it if yo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Bannock
February 06, 11:09pm

above treeline on the PCT
As you probably already know the PCT has a FAR wider variety of terrain and vegetation and altitude than the JMT. Shelter-wise, it mostly comes down to what you value more - light weight or conv...

In Pre-Trip Planning » PCT: above treeline camps, food storage
February 06, 9:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul McLaughlin

Paul McLaughlin has posted no reviews.