Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ben wood (benwood) - BPL Guest

My Locale flatlands of MO
About Me i am 30, a husband and father of 2 girls. i am currently a stay at home dad. i have been backpacking for about a year as of this writing. if you want to anything more, just let me know.
CityLexington
StateMO
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGila NF may 2010

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ben wood

Showing 591 - 595 of 595 | Page: 1 ...41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Forum » Thread

don't close
well thanks for the insight. i'm normally not in too damp conditions as i live in NM. but maybe a beak would be a better idea, then i could fold it away if i didn't want to use it. so fo...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarptent for two and a few others
January 28, 10:20am

nice
i am just getting ready to make a tarptent for one. will be starting thursday. i am thinking of making the back panel out of silny instead of mesh for windy and rainy conditions, and putting a beak...

In Make Your Own Gear » tarptent for two and a few others
January 27, 6:10pm

tyvek
i made a tyvek tarp with a cat cut ridgeline. i used the sixmoon designs nightwing plans (free). i just didn't make the bug skirt. it fits 2 quite well and with stakes and lines weighs 18oz. i ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tyvek Tarps
January 27, 5:58pm

fine work
your machining skills are quite good from what i can tell, do have the tools at home? excellent job. ben-

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 02, 9:04am

hello all
just entered the forum and thought i would say hi. ben-

In Chaff » hello all
July 01, 8:03pm

All Reader Reviews by ben wood

Showing 1 - 6 of 6 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MLD Super Prophet
well, i purchased this pack used from another BPL member. It looked brand new. upon first receiving it i was amazed at the craftsmanship and quality involved in construction. this is my first pack fro...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 20, 1:05pm

patagonia down sweater
i bought this sweater %50 off on sale for $100 and have been very happy with it. pros: very comfy and warm, somewhat water resistant outer shell, pretty light, price cons: sewn through construction...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
June 15, 11:28am

Granite Gear company
i have purched one pack and a few stuff sacks from Granite gear. i have been extremely happy with their products. good customer service as well. you can read my review of that in another thread. the s...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:26pm

Granite Gear Customer Service (???)
i read other had bad customer service. well i purchased a nimbus latitude and it came with a womens hipbelt that didn't fit. i was leaving for a trip in a week. what was i to do? well i called gr...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 01, 3:21pm

REI Sub-Kilo 20 degree
i got mine on sale for like $160. it has kept me warm at 10-15 deg. it is a slender fit, which i prefer as i am only 5'9". on the scale it is about 1lb.14oz. and well worth the money spent. t...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
January 30, 10:45am

trangia mini
great stove, comes with cookset which includes a stove with simmer ring, potstand/windscreen, pot, frypan/lid, and pot gripper. the whole thing weighs in at 11oz. and is quite tough. i have used in 1...

In Stoves - Alcohol
January 30, 10:41am