BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 7102 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...711

Forum » Thread

Re: MYOG Sleeping pad 2.0 - Down action
Very nice quite lightweight also How did you do the valve?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Sleeping pad 2.0 - Down action
May 25, 8:46pm

Re: Oregon 1-3 night backpacking options
What Mary said Or in Washington you could hike along the coast of the Olympic Peninsula or Chris just did a trip report of Enchanted Valley in Olympics

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Oregon 1-3 night backpacking options
May 25, 2:23pm

Re: Insulation
at primaloft.com they describe a product called PrimaLoft ECO made of post consumer recycled materials - soda bottles they don't specify performance numbers maybe that's what Marmo...

In GEAR » Fill Weight Marmot Baffin Jacket
May 25, 1:43pm

Re: Why you shouldn’t use Smart Phones for Backcountry Navigation
Is the GPS better in a Garmin 60CSx or DeLorme PN-60 than on an smart phone? Better able to locate position when you're in a canyon or wooded area?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why you shouldn’t use Smart Phones for Backcountry Navigation
May 25, 8:48am

Re: Is rei going to carry the granite gear uberlight eVent s drysack
I don't know why an eVent dry bag is so good eVent is waterproof breathable so it's good for a garment or bivy where you're inside generating water vapor that needs to get out In ...

In GEAR » Is rei going to carry the granite gear uberlight eVent s drysack
May 25, 8:13am

Re: Treatment Bottle for a Steripen
Hey! You stole my ideas I have both a cut off 2 liter and 1 liter bottle. I measured and marked where 1 liter and 1/2 liter are. 1 ounce and 2/3 ounce respectively I think I've dec...

In Make Your Own Gear » Treatment Bottle for a Steripen
May 24, 9:16pm

great article
Man, you guys get around! Another great report. It's interesting that wherever you go in the world, the geology and plants are similar. It's hard to tell whether you're in Russia, ...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test III: Trekking in Russia
May 24, 1:17pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Single Skin Pyramid
Ed, You must mean a wood fire inside an aluminum or Ti stove or something. For just a regular wood campfire, it doesn't seem like that would be good inside a tent.

In GEAR » Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
May 23, 9:00pm

Re: Re: Single Skin Pyramid
I don't think a wood fire inside a nylon tent would be a good idea. It would melt and burn up and you'de be stuck inside with melting nylon all over you and horrible third degree burns. ...

In GEAR » Floorless Shelters and Creepie Crawlies
May 23, 4:57pm

Re: Clarification continued
My bad, sorry, you haven't ruffled any feathers or anything, carry on...

In GEAR » Communication - Planning - Safety
May 23, 4:32pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.