Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 8757 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...876

Forum » Thread

Re: Romney/Ryan 2012
Brad I don't think the Republican party cares about small businesses. For example, small businesses tax rate is much higher than super rich and big corporations. I don't want to s...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 18, 9:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight AM/FM radios
The only place I ever got the weather band to work was like on the Straight of Juan Da Fuca. But, there were AM stations that had an occasional weather report. So, to me, the weather band is pret...

In GEAR » Ultralight AM/FM radios
August 18, 5:11pm

Re: Ultralight AM/FM radios
I had a Sony with the now defunct TV channels but it wore out. I used to sometimes listen to TV when I was out in the wilderness. That was it - the Grundig Mini 400 sold at REI - very poor rece...

August 18, 2:13pm

Re: Ultralight AM/FM radios
I've been using Sony Walkman http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRF-M37W-Walkman-Digital-Weather/dp/B00140DBRY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345315739&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+walkman 4 ounces inc...

August 18, 12:55pm

Re: Important Discovery
I can't believe that when you took your toilet apart, the thought that occurred to you was, "hey, this is the same thread size as my Platypus" : )

In Make Your Own Gear » Important Discovery
August 17, 9:45am

Re: Re: Freezing filters
From Sawyer website: Q. Can the filter be frozen? A. While we have no proof that freezing damages the filters we have no proof that it does not. Therefore we must recommend replacing the filter...

In GEAR » Water Treatment
August 17, 8:37am

Re: Re: "Romney/Ryan 2012"
"Romney's 13% rate is probably calculated with the net tax paid as the numerator and gross income as the denominator. The 40% rate is the marginal rate on every dollar earned over a certai...

In Chaff » Romney/Ryan 2012
August 17, 12:10am

Re: My thoughts...
Sawyer says they haven't tested the Squeeze below freezing They should test it because what good is a filter that can't tolerate freezing temperatures? About half my trips are below fre...

August 16, 6:17pm

Re: Water Treatment?
Sawyer Squeeze - 3 ounces - filter - but there are some peculiarites - look at other threads on this site I've use Katadyn Pro which works okay, but it's heavy I've used Steripen ...

August 16, 6:13pm

Re: Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
I think it's great for humans and dogs to go hiking and off leash as long as it's well behaved. 95% of the time dogs are well behaved, come up to me with tail wagging, fine. Even when...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
August 16, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.