Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 7860 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...786

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Chovin - Ebay seller
There are two kinds of propane tanks the little ones for camping stoves or torches for soldering copper plumbing pipes and there are big tanks that are several gallons that are refillable and...

In GEAR » 100% Propane For Backpacking
January 17, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Clothing
I sometimes wear a down vest inside my sleeping bag. I roll around in my sleep. The vest gets compressed underneath me, then when I roll onto my other side I never fluff it up so it stays compr...

In GEAR » Stretching a 3 season quilt into winter camping
January 16, 11:31pm

Re: What waterproof fabrics are between 1.1 oz sil nylon and cuben ??
There have been threads here about how they can't make reliable spinnaker fabric anymore so it's hard to find. Maybe there's less demand because of Cuben so less reason to fix the proc...

In Make Your Own Gear » What waterproof fabrics are between 1.1 oz sil nylon and cuben ??
January 16, 8:23pm

Re: Propane
I looked at Roger's propane links Towards the bottom is propane - 640 g total, 380 g propane (22.6 oz/13.4 oz) Compare to Gigapower Isobutane - 362 g total, 220 g isobutane (12.8 oz/7.8 o...

In GEAR » 100% Propane For Backpacking
January 16, 9:05am

Re: Climashield XP or apex 2.5
owfinc.com has 3.2 oz Apex

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield XP or apex 2.5
January 15, 8:13pm

Re: thanks...
"the next one will be 100% sewn edges" It would be easy to take your quilt and sew around the edges "....is primaloft sport easier?" I have used a number of different i...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Climashield Quilt
January 15, 2:38pm

Re: Skurka can't get no love
"Jerry, please go back on your meds" Are you referring to my recommendation to Skurka to not read flames against him? or did you not like that Shatner role?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Skurka can't get no love
January 15, 11:40am

And to the flamer that called Andrew the William Shatner of hiking books: My favorite William Shatner role was when he was traveling in a commercial airplane in a terrible storm, and this devil ...

January 15, 10:21am

Oh no! Andrew, you're reading all the internet flames sent your way Don't do it, it'll just drive you crazy : )

January 15, 10:17am

Re: MYOG Climashield Quilt
Looks nice "I tacked two corners at the top and all along the bottom....i figured a little shifting on the edges that get tucked beneath me wouldn't hurt anything..." You probab...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Climashield Quilt
January 15, 7:25am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.