BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 7296 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...730

Forum » Thread

Re: enjoy a storm in style
"After a hike I really enjoy, sitting down, and eating, watching nature, kicking back, etc.... I find this especially spectacular when able to watch a storm, with wind, lighting, rain, etc...&...

In GEAR » SpinnTwinn, tarps in general
July 26, 9:26am

Re: MYOG Pyramid Tent
Hey! that looks just like my tent : ) your seams look very well done - symetric and even - good job I just got back from using mine a few days at the beach I think that design works prett...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Pyramid Tent
July 25, 4:59pm

Re: Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
If they're baggy they'll be cooler - more air flow

In GEAR » Non baggy, finely sized pants recommendation
July 20, 9:54am

Re: planning to make a tarp (back to SilNylon)
Uh oh - don't get addicted to doing MYOG stuff There are a few articles on BPL under MYOG that might offer a few hints how to do it

In Make Your Own Gear » planning to make a tarp (back to SilNylon)
July 19, 11:54pm

Re: pillow
What about Mike's tip of using several gallon zip top bags partially inflated? I've had the same problem, head rolls around, I just use a foam pillow but it's kind of heavy - about 5...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pillow
July 19, 3:28pm

Re: Dimensions
Nice! How tall is it? What's the diameter of the pole? How many sections? I believe you said it's carbon fiber. Let's see, you could put two people end to end in 15.5 feet. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Giant tipi
July 19, 10:51am

Re: Re: Re: Don't Have to Leave The US to be Ripped Off...
"based on what economic metric?" Canada unemployment rate is 7.4% compared to 9.2% in U.S. No speculative bubble in real estate prices that caused a financial collapse because they ...

In GEAR » American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
July 18, 2:30pm

Re: Re: Don't Have to Leave The US to be Ripped Off...
"I live less than a kilometer away from the plant that make the most gas that Canada and what we export to the US, and its 1.11 a liter (4.55 a gallon). you guys in the states have it good whe...

July 18, 2:16pm

Re: American manufacturers ripped off by Aussie greed
How is the economy in Australia? Unemployment? Real estate prices? ... I wonder if this has anything to do with that? Economy is way too complicated to conclude anything, but it seems like...

July 18, 10:29am

Re: DIY Material Source Comparison
Nice spreadsheet I bought some 1.1 oz nylon from diygear.com, great prices, prompt delivery

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Material Source Comparison
July 17, 11:52pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.