Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 8135 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...814

Forum » Thread

Grass fed beef
It's not that "red meat is killing you" It's that "corn fed red meat is killing you" Cows were evolutionarily designed to eat grass. Their stomachs don't dige...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 12:03pm

Re: Red meat is killing you
Is grass fed beef the same as your typical corn fed beef?

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Red meat is killing you
March 13, 6:58am

Re: re: fibre alignment
The Primaloft people say same quilting in both directions - a square grid. But, it seems to me like only the rows of stitches that go across the fibers make much difference, so that's all th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Stabilizing Primaloft 1.8 in quilt, could use some advice
March 12, 12:48pm

Re: There Must Be More About Gear Swap We Can Bitch About
The high price of gear swap causes global warming...

In Chaff » High Price of Gear on Gear Swap Forum
March 11, 5:50pm

Re: pics?
Pattern (this is folded, I would iron it out to make it more flat if I was going to use it): You might want to take apart a pair of pants that fits you to make a pattern. front view: s...

In Make Your Own Gear » pants/shorts fabrics?
March 11, 5:48pm

Re: pants/shorts fabrics?
Supplex owfinc.com sells it sunblock doesn't absorb too much water so it's pretty good in rain sustains a lot of wear feels comfortable against skin I wear these all the time

In Make Your Own Gear » pants/shorts fabrics?
March 11, 4:59pm

Re: Tape
"Just watch out for the usual errors, such as sewing a double layer (when some fabric not ment to be sewn, sneaks under the feeder)." I hate it when that happens For some odd reason...

In Make Your Own Gear » Glue instead of pins?
March 11, 1:17pm

Re: Obscenity filter
The obscenity filter should block any mention of heavyweight backpacking?

In Philosophy & Technique » How you look when you go backpacking...
March 09, 2:08pm

RE stockpile food
"Why should the government subsidize your stockpile of food." Because if they didn't, it won't happen (much). If there was a famine we would all be happy about it. I stockp...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
March 09, 11:26am

Re: Re: Romney and Santorum on trees
"And yet, I believe most of us preferred Reagan." You must be waving a red flag trying to get someone to protest this : ) "Many of us are unhappy with Obama and his seemingly...

In Chaff » Romney and Santorum on trees
March 09, 11:20am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.