BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 6467 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...647

Forum » Thread

re
Nice You might want to put a blank line between each picture and it makes it easier to read I can almost make out your credit card number and expiration date, would you mind also telling us w...

In Make Your Own Gear » Buying cuben makes the wallet much lighter....
February 26, 3:31pm

Re: idea
"Bah: website compressed spaces and ruined my diagrams. will try later" That's funny I'm having a hard time imagining what it would have looked like without the compression

In GEAR » Chimney stove ideas (open source only)
February 26, 3:28pm

Re: Filtering idea
I think that's a bad idea You don't want a MYOG filter You want one that's been engineered and tested Gravity filter - how high is inlet above outlet? If you have more drop, ...

In GEAR » Filtering idea
February 26, 2:21pm

Re: Shelter pictures
"@Jerry - I am surprised at the bowing of the sidepanel in only 10mph. Are there center guylines on the mid?" Maybe it was windier than that No center guylines so it does bow in ...

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 26, 2:11pm

re
I went backpacking somewhere in Jasper National Park - no people, just Caribou But that was quite a few years ago

In Chaff » Only 30% of Americans Hold a Passport
February 26, 1:58pm

re
"10F seems like a good estimate based on my experience. After that, it's probably better to carry the next "step" up in a bag." I don't think there's any limit li...

In GEAR » Extending the range of your sleeping bag
February 26, 11:58am

Re: Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
Near Hart Mountain Wildlife Refuge. Maybe 10 MPH wind:

In GEAR » Shelter Pictures - Stormy conditions
February 26, 8:01am

Re: Re: that was last year and house hold rates here in the cold north
"I didn't mean to offend anyone by this, if I'm wrong feel free to enlighten me. And if your wondering if its really great in Canada, it is, no people when you hike(like you can go day...

February 26, 7:54am

re
Just capilene pants? Maybe need something in addition. Maybe need some booties also. Do you have a jacket or parka or whatever? Why don't you wear that also.

In GEAR » How to take my 3/4 length Prolite Plus down to 20F
February 25, 7:45pm

Re: looks like I personally made about 6K last year
You borrowed 40K for tuition? That's not right In 1970s I borrowed a total of $3K for an expensive school. I got some scholarships. Worked summers and part time during the year. And th...

February 25, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.