Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

jerry adams (retiredjerry) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon and Washington
About Me I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40 years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5 nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter) 20 to 50 miles. Mostly I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress.
Cityportland
Stateoregon
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jerry adams

Showing 5891 - 5900 of 7776 | Page: 1 ...581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ...778

Forum » Thread

KGO
I listen to KGO at night, because that's often the strongest signal in Oregon and Washington wilderness. Yeah, too bad about format change. And Bob Brinker and Dr. Bill Wattenberg, although I...

In Chaff » Quitting TV
December 31, 9:03am

Re: OT: MYO Business
What is a "carry product"?

In Make Your Own Gear » OT: MYO Business
December 30, 5:44pm

Re: Re: How many bag nights for 2011?
Do you go backpacking with young ones, Sarah?

In Chaff » How many bag nights for 2011?
December 30, 4:34pm

Re: How many bag nights for 2011?
Maybe 35 on the trail, 30 more at the trailhead next to the car

In Chaff » How many bag nights for 2011?
December 30, 3:24pm

Load lifters
What is the purpose of load lifters? Do they really work?

In GEAR » Fixed Torso vs. Adjustable Torso
December 30, 3:15pm

Re: Fixed Torso vs. Adjustable Torso
Obviously if you could get adjustable for no cost or lack of performance, that would be better. That's probably unrealistic. On the other hand, if you know what torso length you need, then ...

In GEAR » Fixed Torso vs. Adjustable Torso
December 30, 11:31am

Re: Quitting TV
"You used to be able to read books, newspaper , magazines..." And some people futilely held on to riding their horse carriages. They've all died off now. Well... most of them.

In Chaff » Quitting TV
December 30, 10:56am

Re: working on it
Can't quit TV Then I wouldn't be able to watch "Breaking Bad"

In Chaff » Quitting TV
December 30, 9:50am

Re: David, Eugene and Jerry's ideas
"The x-box stitch is as large as possible, to distribute the load. Don't really agree with Ron Bell of MLD on this one, he said to just stitch along the edge - though I might be wrong.&quo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarp Tie Out Logic Check
December 30, 7:34am

Re: scrapping some BPL vinyl
Do you scrap the "elephant" logo, or the text?

In Make Your Own Gear » scrapping some BPL vinyl
December 30, 7:27am

All Reader Reviews by jerry adams

jerry adams has posted no reviews.