BPL Community Profile

Dave U (FamilyGuy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Dave U has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave U

Showing 5801 - 5810 of 6587 | Page: 1 ...572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 ...659

Forum » Thread

MLD Mini Tarp
New MLD Mini-Tarp. Looks good if using with a WP Bivy. I am getting one for cooking in bear country! http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=122&osCsid=580ec...

In GEAR » MLD Mini Tarp
April 01, 4:39pm

New GG Gorilla Pack
It just looks like the shoulder straps are too low but it might be the angle of the picture. How does it feel? Which, of course is most important. I would be interested in seeing where the shoul...

In GEAR » New GG Gorilla Pack
April 01, 4:37pm

Windshirt
My wind shirt is my long sleeve shirt. It is also used as part of my sleep system. It breathes much, much better than my rain jacket.

In GEAR » windshirt and rainjacket, redundant?
April 01, 4:34pm

Newbie 3 season list
I have both the Ohm and the Circuit. The Circuit is larger but just so. If you do not use the front pocket it is only 2400 ci and based on your list, I would think you would use some of the front...

In Gear Lists » Newbie 3 season list
April 01, 1:17pm

New GG Gorilla Pack
James, based on the pictures, the Ohm torso size is too short for you. You need a long. This will have too benefits - one - the shoulder straps will be effectively longer because they are attache...

In GEAR » New GG Gorilla Pack
April 01, 8:48am

The Effectiveness of Stays
Excellent post Dan - thanks for that!

In GEAR » The Effectiveness of Stays
April 01, 8:02am

Stays
"I still don't see how stays and frames make any measurable difference in terms of keeping a fully-loaded pack from collapsing vertically, since the pack itself would be a stiff, verticall...

March 31, 9:50pm

The Effectiveness of Stays
Devin beat me too it - stays also prevent torso and frame collapse. I would also agree that they are not needed under 25 pounds or so given a frameless pack that is packed tight with either a roll...

March 30, 10:51am

Stays
Hi Miguel, If the stays are puling the pack away from your back, you need to have the stays bent to your back shape. The stays should be effective in transferring weight from the shoulder harne...

March 30, 8:59am

Contrail vs. Lunar Solo: which works for tall users
The loops (guy out points) at the mid-point come standard from TT.

In GEAR » Your Favorite 3-Season Solo Tarp Tent, Double Wall Tent or Tarp + Bivvy?
March 29, 10:00am

All Reader Reviews by Dave U

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
NM

In Books and Media
August 27, 1:10pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
NM

In Books and Media
August 27, 1:06pm

Integral Designs eVent Overbag
NM

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
March 13, 11:26pm

GoLite Jam2
nm

In Backpacks - Frameless
March 13, 11:22pm

TarpTent
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 13, 11:20pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
nm

March 13, 11:17pm

Integral Designs Event Unishelter
nm

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
November 06, 10:23pm

Integral Design Hot Socks
?

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 06, 10:16pm

Integral Designs Pertex Windshirt
nm

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 05, 8:16am

C and C Outdoors
Tough company to deal with. Most of their stock they drop ship direct from the manufacturer so although you may see something and put it in your cart and order it, it will not be currently available....

August 18, 10:01am