Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mark Ries (mtmnmark) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
About Me Im to old to fat and out of shape but I sure like hiking and fishing in the wind river range Im transitioning closer to ultra light but still lightweight at best but 35lbs from skin out is alot better than the old 60
CityDavenport
StateIowa
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mark Ries

Showing 581 - 590 of 893 | Page: 1 ...50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ...90

Forum » Thread

Forest Gump
I think Forest was quoting his mother so I guess that goes to show that what we learn about life, religon,guns ,hunting, fishing and animal rights can be passed down and influenced by others. I hav...

In Chaff » ultralight revolver
September 22, 9:41am

C razies
I never hurt anyone but being a crazy myself I would feel better if you left it at home. Bear spray has excellent results on me

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » .380 on a ultralight backpacking/camping trip?
September 19, 10:22pm

sleeping pad
The lightest option that I have been trying that I feel alright with is a prolite extra small with a 3/8" blueridge mat under that. These are both 36", my head overhangs the mat and for a...

In GEAR » sleeping on 2/3 pad
September 19, 9:54pm

Talk more LNT
I wonder if LNT has become a way with so many older backpackers that it is not talked about and passed on to the newer younger hikers backpackers. We all talk sport but not ethics. Ive seen posts o...

In Post-Trip Reports » trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
September 19, 12:05pm

Bump
A bump for the home state

In Gear Swap » Closet Cleaning
September 19, 6:52am

Good luck Bryce and Girlie Girl
I hope you guys have a great time and all works out... Maybe we should all get together hold hands and pray for you guys

In GEAR » Backpacking for the girly girl
September 16, 10:26pm

Re: Re: Re: What happened to the gear store?
And he still had points left over

In GEAR » What happened to the gear store?
September 15, 6:44am

Great start
Thanks David a great start on a subject that needs to be addressed with facts more than personal opionions. My first backpacking trip to Glacier involved close incounters with a mother and cubs, th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Guidelines for Grizzly Country
September 14, 10:20am

Thanks for all the comments
Thanks to everyone for keeping this a civil discussion and not bashing each other for our opinions which we are all entitled to. My personal opinion has been formed from what I read in fishing book...

In Fishing » Catch and release
September 13, 11:49pm

Re: Re: I cheated on tenkara and I liked it
The grass is always greener on the other side, try to remember what you fell in love with in the begining. Its impossible to control you thoughts but you can control your actions. Good job David Im...

In Fishing » My tenkara story (and why you should too)
September 13, 10:29am

All Reader Reviews by Mark Ries

Mark Ries has posted no reviews.