BPL Community Profile

Warren Greer (WarrenGreer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Warren Greer has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Warren Greer

Showing 581 - 590 of 656 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Weights
I finally got my new scale that can measure down to .1 grams. So I weighed all the individual pieces. Here are the weights for each system. Caldera Keg-H = 6.2 ounces all up, alchol burning mo...

In GEAR » New Stove Setup
January 25, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Gram Cracker -n- Esbit
Doug, thanks for sharing your trick. I've also been told you can just scrub it in the dirt or grass or similar surface and get part of that soot off that way.

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
January 25, 10:11pm

Gram Cracker -n- Esbit
I just got a one and tried it out this past weekend. I know two cups is the standard. But figured that with 1.5 cups I get a bit tastier noodles and I don't have to boil as much water. With str...

In GEAR » Solid fuel users
January 25, 9:55pm

Report on performance
I made myself a little lunch today with my new Caldera Keg-H. I have both fuel options and so I ran it first with denatured alcohol. I put 2 cups of cold water (around 40* from the fridge) in the k...

January 23, 9:59pm

Re: golite
I second the Quest. It is fairly light at 3 lb. 1 oz. I just bought one and will use it this coming season. I chose it because many places where I hike I have to use a bear canister and need both t...

In GEAR » Best UL Hauler Under 2.5 pounds and $200
January 21, 8:32pm

Re: Lightest 1Liter Bottles?
Hi Mark, Here's a few weights for bottles I have personally weighed, all 1L: Store Brand Water = 1.05 oz. Store Brand Water = 1.40 oz. (diff store, flavored water of some type) Aquafina...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 18, 9:13pm

Moved "toward" them
I never used bladders until last year. I can tell you though that I'd rather not go without one. My Platy 3.0L bladder weighs 3.7 oz. That's pretty light. A 16 oz. Nalgene weighs that. I bo...

In GEAR » Anyone move away from Water Bladders?
January 18, 8:58pm

They make it easier
Ryan, I won't go with out them anymore. When I started backpacking in the 1970s I tried one walking stick, then two. After many trips, stopped trying to get used to them or look cool, or what e...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles
January 18, 8:49pm

Re: Trail Designs Caldera Cone -- Instructions?
Hey Hikin' Jim, I looked around the TD site a bit and did not find any thing either. I bought the Keg-H and it came with instructions for that particular stove. I'm not sure what cone yo...

January 17, 6:45pm

Got it 1/12/2010
I am a subscriber and live in SoCal. Was wondering when it'd finally get here.

In Gear Deals » Anyone received their Backpacker Magazine yet?
January 12, 8:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Warren Greer

Warren Greer has posted no reviews.