Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 581 - 590 of 616 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Forum » Thread

Hiking in PA
Glad to hear that you had a nice experience with your PA trip. The West Rim Trail is one of my favorites and I've spent the first night of every trip at one of the sites just north of the Brad...

In Post-Trip Reports » West Rim Trail PA
June 22, 6:22am

GG Murmur Weight Carried
I have to confess to pushing the limits of the Murmur a little on a hike this past April...I carried about 22 pounds the last two miles of our 14 mile day. No problem at all with the pack. I wa...

In GEAR » gg murmur dislikes
June 15, 6:36am

Rattlesnake Avoidance for Dogs
I'm not a dog owner, but had a chance to witness some training done by a horsepacking guide whose dog ran with us (unleashed) all day as we rode. We stopped at a rocky overlook in Northern PA ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Rattlesnake avoidance classes for dogs
May 20, 8:03pm

Re: UL 60 Quilt
I like the UL 60 quilt - I used it on a trip in Northern PA a couple of weeks ago and temperatures dropped down to 41 at night. I had to put on my Montbell Ex Light Down Jacket and my UL 60 Balacl...

In GEAR » UL 60 Quilt
May 15, 2:33pm

Murmur Hipbelt
Michael, I too am, how did you put it, "midsection challenged". The stock hipbelt fits me but I've never had to adjust it - It's at its max length and stays there. I also t...

In GEAR » GG Murmur
May 06, 7:41pm

Murmur
I agree with Chris' comment about the hipbelt being unnecessary (it removes easily) but I use it because I've put two Gossamer Gear Large Hipbelt Pockets on it (one on each side). I've...

In GEAR » GG Murmur
May 06, 7:00am

GG Murmur
I love this pack and it does get more quiet with use. Just don't plan on putting it under your feet the first couple of times out if you're a restless sleeper!

In GEAR » GG Murmur
May 05, 8:07pm

West Rim Trail
Brad, I've done the West Rim Trail four times now - it's obviously one of my favorite hikes. It's the trail I use to introduce newbies to backpacking...spectacular views, well marke...

In Post-Trip Reports » Black Forest Trail (PA)
May 05, 6:57am

UL60 Compressed Size
Although you can't see it, it's compressed inside my Gossamer Gear Murmur pack in the photo. It really does shrink down to next to nothing - I was astounded when I first held it. I boug...

In GEAR » summer quilt for north east
April 29, 1:33pm

UL60 Compressed Size
Greg, When I first used it I put it in a Sea-to-Summit 2L Ultra-Sil drybag (21 grams). It fit and wasn't much larger than my hand but I was afraid that I was compressing it too much. I'...

In GEAR » summer quilt for north east
April 29, 12:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am