Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 5751 - 5760 of 9212 | Page: 1 ...567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ...922

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: "Your feet are waterproof."
We of course dry them for the night. But wet socks and shoes back on in the morning. Like anything else, too much of one thing is never good.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Your feet are waterproof."
February 05, 7:29am

Re: "Your feet are waterproof."
Under most circumstances don't worry about getting your feet wet. They will be fine. They are waterproof! Like doing the Lost Coast trail. Pretty much wet feet the whole time you are walking...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Your feet are waterproof."
February 04, 10:55pm

Re: Campsite Activities for the GGG
Movie night shall prevail! Home movies of Doug!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Campsite Activities for the GGG
February 04, 10:08pm

Hey all you Bay Area BPLrs and beyond
Would you all be interested in a get together, say once a year at least? Guess what? This already takes place! It's called the GGG and you can learn more about it here in this very thread. ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Official GGG Thread READ
February 04, 7:23pm

Re: Official GGG Thread READ
Notice I did not specify what fire ring. They have them at the HQ campground too! 13 days away!!!!!

February 04, 6:56pm

Re: 3.5 ounce down vest
put in flash vest in the little search box above and to the right.

In GEAR » 3.5 ounce down vest
February 04, 3:04pm

Are you on this list?
Morgan Rucks Ryan Teale Are you guys in or out? I've PM'd you as well. We are getting full. I'll give your spots away if I don't here from you by next week. Thanks to...

February 04, 11:03am

Re: hiking in florida
Since this trip was to take place over winter break. What happened?

In Gear Lists » Florida Trail in Dec/Jan- advice sought on both gear and logistics
February 04, 7:47am

Re: Eye mask
+1 on the Buff. A very versatile piece of kit. Just some good natured ribbing before. disclaimer: I sleep well just about everywhere.

In GEAR » lightweight eye mask?
February 03, 9:47pm

Re: Maybe Chaff?
60"+ rain a year here. High winds. No midges, but bears. Freezing temps and 100 degrees or more in the summer. Paradise on Earth.

In Philosophy & Technique » Maybe Chaff?
February 03, 8:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am