BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5751 - 5760 of 8211 | Page: 1 ...567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ...822

Forum » Thread

Re: Backpacker magazine subscription
Don't forget that you can get a free subscription with your Pacific Crest Trail Association membership.

In Gear Swap » Backpacker magazine subscription
July 21, 10:05pm

Re: Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-31
bump

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-8/1
July 21, 7:45pm

Re: Hendrik on Kickstarter!
Hendrik, I'd like to see you meet your goal comfortably before time's up. Come on people, kick down some dough!

In On the Web » Hendrik on Kickstarter!
July 20, 4:41pm

Re: 4th Annual BPL GGG
That'll make you a repeat offender. Our numbers are growing...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 4th Annual BPL GGG
July 19, 9:29pm

4th Annual BPL GGG
7 month warning. What? BPL annual extravaganza When? February 17-19 Presidents' Day Weekend. Where? HENRY COE STATE PARK Who? BPLr's and their ilk Why? Because it's so dan...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 4th Annual BPL GGG
July 19, 9:02pm

Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-31
Would like to make it to Grizzly Lake. 13+ miles each way. Open to other ideas as well.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-8/1
July 19, 6:54am

Re: M Kettle v. Backcountry Boiler...
Devin. I'll send it to you. The only mark against the BCB is availability. But you're on it.

In GEAR » M Kettle v. Backcountry Boiler...
July 18, 9:05pm

Re: SoCal Gathering
We do fine here in this sub-forum. Don't forget the 4th annual BPLGG is at Cache Creek. Presidents' Day Weekend 2012. Don't forget to plug shamelessly when opportunity strikes either.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SoCal Gathering?
July 18, 9:02pm

Re: Re: M Kettle v. Backcountry Boiler...
Nice little write up of the two in this months TGO magazine. The edge still goes to the BCB. It's the one to get if you are thinking about one or the other. Will be available very soon.

In GEAR » M Kettle v. Backcountry Boiler...
July 18, 6:03pm

Re: Favorite piece of gear?
I'll be the one to say BPL. It has shown me what's possible. Been an awesome piece of kit!

In GEAR » Favorite piece of gear?
July 18, 6:55am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am