BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5751 - 5760 of 7899 | Page: 1 ...567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ...790

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: my supervisor
He's upset that there is no room for him. Anytime I put a shelter up he has to be first in there. But hates camping... Weirdo.

In Make Your Own Gear » Six Moon Designs Meteor bivy
April 27, 8:59pm

Re: measurements
Sorry Tommy I don't have those notes anymore. Simple as the construction is though, easy to make smaller if you find it too large. Try it on before you add the zipper and netting and go from t...

April 27, 8:38pm

Re: OrthoDONTICS?
unless they are putting their foot in their mouths.

In GEAR » Inov 8 Shoes ... Just Another Cult ?
April 27, 8:35pm

Re: Packing sleeping bag at bottom of pack or at the top?
Bottom. Do you really want to pull it out every time you need something in your pack?

In GEAR » Packing sleeping bag at bottom of pack or at the top?
April 27, 8:29pm

Re: Meteor
I made one with 1.1 sil bottom and Momentum top. Made mine larger than specified so i could fit my large Neoair and my winter bag. I also extended the length so I could have the option of scooting ...

April 27, 8:27pm

Hamish bits!?!
Might have to pass on the Hamish bits. My dog's name is Hamish. Been picking up his bits for far too long now... I see that selection is on sale now too. Thanks Sarah!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Has anyone tried the Harmony House Backpacking Kit?
April 27, 6:06pm

Re:Tiny house anyone?
Welcome back Ali. The Mrs. wouldn't go the boat route. I do like the option of going more places with a house on a trailer. Could always place it on a barge too. I'm thinking of something b...

In Chaff » Tiny house anyone?
April 27, 6:02pm

Re:Drybag vs. liner
Liners work just great for keeping rain out. A Nylafume bag is lighter(1 ounce per bag) and tougher than a compactor bag. Pick one up from your local exterminator and try it before you dismiss it a...

In GEAR » An idea to keep gear dry inside backpack
April 27, 5:49pm

Re: A few (more) Lost Coast area questions.
Camping at Shelter Cove is doable although the campground is really meant for RVs. Can be very windy as the campground is an open area on the bluff. You could stay in Garberville and make the drive...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » A few Lost Coast area questions.
April 27, 4:29pm

Re: No again.
It's also we'll And I do love my Ohm.

In GEAR » pack recommendations
April 26, 10:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am