BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5751 - 5760 of 8221 | Page: 1 ...567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ...823

Forum » Thread

Re: Antishock to my bamboo staff
That pole looks too short for you. Could that be the cause of your discomfort?

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking pole antishock
July 26, 6:22am

Re: A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
An underquilt would probably be lighter.

In Hammocks » A question about air inflated insulation and hammocks
July 25, 10:25pm

Re: cookpots and pants
Adan go for it.

In Gear Swap » Misc Gear to Sell - Marmot Jackets, Stabilicers, etc
July 24, 2:37pm

Re: Re: Why are you not a Member of BPL?
+1 to your whole post. The last paragraph resonates my feelings especially well.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 24, 12:03pm

Re: Misc Gear to Sell - Marmot Jackets, Stabilicers, etc
Estimated volumes on the cookset?

In Gear Swap » Misc Gear to Sell - Marmot Jackets, Stabilicers, etc
July 23, 2:59pm

Re: Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-31
Bueller?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Hobo Gulch, Trinity Alps 7/29-8/1
July 23, 2:54pm

Re: BPL membership
" many who seem to see this site as a community are a bit discouraged that the community leader seemed to stop seeing it as a community and instead began seeing it as a business some time ago,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Why are you not a Member of BPL?
July 23, 12:51pm

Ryan Jordan- Where are we?
How much longer for a reply indeed. I too feel like there is some conflict of interest between this site and Ryan's own. How about trying to fix things here instead of running off to do your ow...

July 23, 11:09am

Re: I need a pack, what one, 3 choices.
I've had a Circuit, and now use an Ohm. Canister in mind go with the Circuit. Would't use anything larger than a Bare Boxer in the Ohm. Used a Ursack with the liner on the last trip. Worke...

In GEAR » I need a pack, what one, 3 choices.
July 22, 10:44pm

Re: Cuben: The unbearable lightness of being........ugly.
You are not alone Eugene. Don't forget it makes crappy shade too.

In GEAR » Cuben: The unbearable lightness of being........ugly.
July 22, 2:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am