Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale All up in there
About Me Better to observe than to be observed.
CityChico
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 5751 - 5760 of 9734 | Page: 1 ...567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 ...974

Forum » Thread

Re: permit
I have also never been asked to produce one in the backcountry, ever. I don't buy #2 as up here you fill out your backcountry permit and grab a prefilled fire permit from the pad, all signed...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 01, 12:59pm

Re: Online source for bamboo spoon?
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bamboo+spoon

In GEAR » Online source for bamboo spoon?
April 01, 10:45am

Re: MSR Dragontail Review??? When??
Oh how fun. Tunnel tents. I never see them out here. Unless you count Moments. That vestibule is huge.

In GEAR » MSR Dragontail Review??? When??
April 01, 10:43am

Re: LA Area Hiking
That's it keep sending people to the same old places. Sespe? Really. There a a ton of opportunities if you look at the map.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking trips in or around Los Angeles County
April 01, 10:38am

Re: Is the Cub Den 2 really cheaper?
Having seen stuff from Z packs and Bearpaw. I would go with Joe. No hesitation.

In GEAR » Thruhiker looking for (ultra)light shelter recommendations
April 01, 10:33am

Re: California Campfire Permit 2012
What I find stupid about this whole fire permit thing is. They will give one to anyone. Heck I've filled them out for myself. They give no education prior to handing one out. SO what is the poi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » California Campfire Permit 2012
April 01, 10:30am

Re: Wow
"If you found DVDs for $2 at a garage sale and had a friend that wanted to pay 10 for it you would sell it for that price" I would not. "As far as I know every business purchases...

In Gear Swap » Spring Cleaning!! Tents, Sleeping Bag, Watches, Boots All must go
March 31, 9:45pm

Re: George Matthews commemorative button.
Nice touch Eugene. You guys have a good time. George will be along all the way.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Grand Canyon- Double Crossing aka "Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim"- BPL Group Run
March 31, 9:31pm

Re: Lost Gear in Uintas?
That happens here on the Lost Coast from time to time. First time hikers expecting a walk on the beach. Not boulders and bears. Was any of it quality gear? Or does it look like someone's first ...

In GEAR » Lost Gear in Uintas?
March 31, 7:52pm

Re: Lightweight sleeping pad...here we go again!!
So what's wrong with the NeoAir and some care? The All Season is burly.

In GEAR » Lightweight sleeping pad...here we go again!!
March 31, 7:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am