Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5731 - 5740 of 7664 | Page: 1 ...565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ...767

Forum » Thread

Re: Bauer Weights?
My EB First Ascent down sweater in XL size is 13.8oz. The vest was listed as 8oz (who knows what size). Mine arrived today and came in at 9.7oz for an XL size. Fit is snugger than the jacket, b...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Down Vest or Jacket in XL or 2XL
August 09, 9:01pm

Re: QUIT REMOVING THE PRICES!!!!
It is a common custom on "for sale" forums. Keep in mind that the actual selling price is not always reflected in the post-- the buyer and seller could have made all kinds of arrangements...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Mica
August 09, 8:56pm

Re: Re: sooty pots no more
I'll bet it isn't good for Mother Nature!

In GEAR » sooty pots no more
August 09, 2:47pm

RE: Wish List - One item Only
Ditto on a high end sleeping bag. Insulation is the biggest ticket on my gear list. Don't forget your insurance and taxes!

In GEAR » Wish List - One item Only
August 09, 2:46pm

Black Diamond Ion headlamp battery
There was a review on BPL when it came out: "Note: To improve cold weather performance there is a 6v 160 mAh lithium photo cell option for the Ion (not tested in this review). Replace the m...

In GEAR » Black Diamond Ion headlamp battery
August 08, 9:44pm

Re: How do you save money and live a simple life
Live within your means. Live consciously and deliberately. Do not allow yourself to be owned by your possessions. On the material side, you can extrapolate the same principles used in UL hikin...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
August 08, 11:46am

Free: Ex Officio Amphi shorts, women's large
You pay the shipping-- the shorts are free. The color is light sage green (the photo is wrong). 7.6oz on my scale. Shipping weight is about 10oz, so it will go USPS First Class (about $3). Feat...

In Gear Swap » Free: Ex Officio Amphi shorts, women's large
August 07, 6:58pm

The power of spreadsheets
I got up early and went through a bunch of clothing in my gear locker and put it all in a spreadsheet with columns for stuff like "base layer top," "base layer bottoms," mid-lay...

In Gear Lists » The power of speadsheets
August 07, 2:02pm

Wickers Expedition Weight Comfortrel tops & bottoms
I was working on my clothing spreadsheet this morning and looked over a pair of long johns I picked up. I ran the RN number through the FTC database to find they are made by Wickers as "Expedi...

In Gear Deals » Wickers Expedition Weight Comfortrel tops & bottoms
August 07, 1:45pm

FS: Lowepro Large Lens Case
I have this Lowepro lens case that I haven't been using. It is 16" long overall and about 4" diameter. It will hold one lens about 13" long and 4" diameter, or a combination...

In Gear Swap » FS: Lowepro Large Lens Case
August 07, 10:22am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.