Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5731 - 5740 of 7557 | Page: 1 ...565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ...756

Forum » Thread

Light shirts & pants
Ditto on REI Sahara shirts, pants and shorts. I have some Ex Officio shirts and pants that are good for hot weather too. Definately go for the lighter colors. If you need sun protection, Solumb...

In GEAR » Lightweight pants & shirt to keep the sun off. What are the options?
June 22, 2:32pm

Sea to Summit Sleeping Bag Liners
Sea to Summit makes several liners that might make good hot weather bags. http://www.seatosummit.com/products/cat/1

In GEAR » Hot Summer Sleep System
June 22, 2:26pm

First Ascent Down Sweater
I had posted this in the Gear Deals forum: Eddie Bauer First Ascent down sweater for $84.50. As of 1AM they still had blue and red in size large. http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Men/Outerwear--Bla...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Down Parka (sz L)
June 21, 2:07am

Re: Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
I bought one like the one shown in the link: http://www.novatech-usa.com/Products/Min-Max-Thermometers/4050 Note the accuracy listed for a given range of temps. This type of thermometer is so...

In GEAR » Thermometers Driving Me Insane!!
June 19, 9:44pm

Discretion is the better part of valor
I've live in Western Washington, which has what I call "soft weather." Other than getting soaked and hypothermia, there is very little wild weather that might kill you. I'm alway...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Iffy Weather - Would you go?
June 19, 8:57am

Cheap insulation
Cheap insulation is the hardest thing to find, IMHO. There's lots of rain gear floating around and tons of fleece, but finding good quality down or Primaloft stuff at a bargain price is tough. ...

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets
June 18, 3:01pm

Transformations
It's more restoration than transformation. Certainly better for my heath-- physical and mental. Escape with exercise!

In Philosophy & Technique » Did backpacking transform you?
June 18, 12:04pm

Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets
Down and Primaloft jackets under $100. I found a promo code of "BAUER64" that dropped 15% off and the shipping was lower too. Got a 13oz down sweater for $89 including shipping & tax ...

In Gear Deals » Eddie Bauer 1st Ascent Jackets
June 18, 9:36am

Re: MontBell Balance Light 40 Altered Pack $40
Bump for a lowered price

In Gear Swap » MontBell Balance Light 40 Altered Pack
June 18, 8:52am

Superfeet
I use Superfeet in many of my shoes. Some insoles are just cheap garbage. I look at the Superfeet as a poor man's orthotic. I do question the price. I use the green Superfeet in trail shoes...

In GEAR » superfeet / insoles in trail runners?
June 17, 6:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.