BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5731 - 5740 of 7438 | Page: 1 ...565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ...744

Forum » Thread

ChicoBag Daypack 20
After reading this thread, I ordered one and it arrived today. Very much worth the money! This is a good day pack for essentials or a combo stuff/day pack when hauling a larger pack. Perfect for a ...

In GEAR » $20 @ 5.1 oz. SUL Recycled Poly (PET) Pack
April 25, 12:31am

Much ado about nothing
Yeah, plastic tools might break. Separate Lexan spoons and forks have worked for me for years. I keep one of the plastic LMF sporks in my lunchbox and we use them for picnicking. I have one of the ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Ti Spork / Knife
April 17, 6:05pm

Liquid fuel stoves and kids
I wouldn't let the younger ones use them-- lets say under 14 or so. Any fuel left over on your hands is going to go up and spills on clothing are really bad news. Some concern should be shown f...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Alcohol Stove Safety
April 15, 3:31pm

Steripen Protector
I got a new Protector model, which is a khaki color for military use vs. the yellow Adventure model for $75: http://www.campingsurvival.com/stpr.html

In Gear Swap » WTB: Steripen
April 12, 11:25pm

Zing-it 2.2mm Dyneema Bear Bag Line
I checked several sites that offered the product. Shipping was all in the $8 range. I thought it was a good deal considering that 50' of Aircore Dyneema is $25 plus shipping.

In Gear Swap » Zing-it 2.2mm Dyneema Bear Bag Line
April 12, 10:26pm

Yeah, and by the time I got it, it was $35. The roll was short 20' too. It came to $0.22/foot and I added a little for postage, envelope and PayPal. This is the 2.2mm stuff too.

April 12, 9:58pm

All sold, thanks.

April 12, 9:38pm

OR Equinox pants
Outdoor research Equinox -- regular or convertible. http://www.outdoorresearch.com/site/browse/Men%27s%20Apparel/Shorts%20%26%20Pants.html

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 10, 9:06am

Sierra Trading/Marmot Ion
The key code 2adventure will get you and additional 20% off :)

In Gear Deals » Marmot Ion wind shirt / light rain jacket
April 09, 2:42pm

Shirts
If I wanted something to wear under the hoody, it would be a silkweight polyester long sleeve tee. IMHO, any of the major brands will do the trick. It can be worn with the windshirt too. I woul...

In GEAR » Walking shirt recommendation
April 09, 9:33am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.