Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5731 - 5740 of 7768 | Page: 1 ...565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 ...777

Forum » Thread

Beefing Up a FiveFingers for Off Trail Expeditions.
Why bother? The product works or it doesn't. Without the right glues and materials I would expect them to self destruct--- shoes take a lot of stress. I appreciate what you are trying to do...

In Make Your Own Gear » "Beefing Up" a FiveFingers for Off Trail Expeditions.
September 16, 2:27pm

"the "Do it all Pack""
GoLite Peak. It shrinks enough for a day pack and holds enough for a three day with 3-season gear. It fits me and has the outside pockets I wanted. I'd ramp up to a Jam for more room, but I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » the "Do it all Pack"
September 16, 2:22pm

Even lighter containers
This question has come up a couple times. I had gone through a large grocery store looking at any possible recycled containers. I found Smart Balance plastic mayonnaise jars to be a good alternativ...

In GEAR » steripen compatible container
September 15, 11:25pm

Buck and Victorinox Knives
A little locker cleaning here: SOLD! Bucklite MAX medium lockback pocket knife with clip and bright orange scales. In excellent condition, with very little use-- I've carried this a just a c...

In Gear Swap » Buck and Victorinox Knives
September 15, 11:07pm

Priorities
In a perfect world, the Scotch should be enjoyed with a few cubes of 15,000 year old glacial ice....

September 15, 9:15pm

Re: steripen compatible container
I break the top off a bottle of 20 year old Scotch, drink all I can and pour the remainder on my head. If I can still stand, I use the left over bottle to sterilize my water in. When I'm ou...

September 15, 8:07pm

Walking shoe design
I find it interesting that most assume that a running shoe is an effective design for a walking shoe. I think the ergonomics are quite different and deserve some careful consideration. There ar...

In GEAR » Maximized walking/hikinbg shoe design
September 13, 1:40pm

Re: Seam Sealing
I'm terrible with sticky stuff. I used a small brush and the seams on my poncho and Gatewood Cape are ugly, but they don't leak. I used the sealer on the outside. I had one tent that the...

In GEAR » Seam Sealing
September 12, 10:59pm

Re: Rain jacket assistance needed
Marmot Precip sounds like the ticket to me. About $60-$70 on sale. http://www.6pm.com/marmot-precip-jacket-cub They do make talls too.

In GEAR » Rain jacket assistance needed
September 12, 8:07pm

Gooseberry Patch Aluminum Cup 1.6oz/45g
I found this in a Goodwill store today for $0.99. Looks like the perfect companion to the Kmart grease pot. $5.95 new, 1.6oz/45g, holds 2 cups/473ml. 3-9/16" (91mm) outside diameter, 3-1/8&quo...

In Gear Deals » Gooseberry Patch Aluminum Cup 1.6oz/45g
September 12, 6:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.