Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave U (FamilyGuy) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Rockies
About Me Dave U has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave U

Showing 5711 - 5720 of 7019 | Page: 1 ...563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 ...702

Forum » Thread

Solo Winter Tent
You would fit but it will depend on the loft / length of your bag. My Montbell UL SS #2 had both ends touching. It is the 'long' version and 84" long.

In GEAR » Best solo winter tent
September 15, 9:21pm

Moment
The Hilleberg Akto review here on BPL.com talks about how the highest wind resistance came from pitching the side into the wind. But realistically, a Mid is much, much taller and will have a much ...

In GEAR » New Tarptent ;this is the Moment !!!
September 15, 9:10pm

Solo Winter Tent
It is a full 87" long with respect to the footprint...but...the back slopes (see www.moontrail.com for good pics) so the usable length is reduced a few inches. Sorry - I am not Lynn, althou...

September 15, 9:08pm

Solo Winter Tent
Lynn, that 3lb, 11oz original minimum weight intrigued me so when I weighed components I was really disappointed in the Soulo (too good to be true, I guess). The lowest I got with poles, inner and...

September 15, 8:31pm

Solo Winter Tent
I believe the newer Nallo has a rear vent (zippered) and a rear guyout line on the fly. Include an additional pegs and the additional weight is there. I think you have an older version Lynn but I...

September 15, 8:19pm

Moment
It would be interesting to see what does better in high winds, however. The Moment shape (Akto, Laser Comp, etc) has been proven to be extremely windworthy. Low profile always does better in the ...

September 15, 5:31pm

Moment
Christopher - what is most important to you? Us or 'them' (as in work)?

September 15, 4:41pm

ULA Circuit vs. ULA Ohm (Help me decide!)
I have used both. I would agree with Brad - up to 25lbs, the Ohm will feel as good or better than the Circuit. At that weight, there is more than enough load transfer. Over about 25lbs, the Circ...

In GEAR » ULA Circuit vs. ULA Ohm (Help me decide!)
September 15, 11:17am

AL dude moving to ID: General Questions
" NO serious winter mountain tent is free-standing. None." I agree - the Integral Designs MK line is complete crap, not to mention every freestanding Hilleberg. Total garbage as mount...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » AL dude moving to ID: General Questions
September 15, 8:50am

8 lbs
Pretty amazing transformation when you consider that your base weight has dropped over 100%. Wow. Good job.

In GEAR » 8 lbs
September 14, 11:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave U

Showing 1 - 10 of 11 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Lightweight Backpacking and Camping by Ryan Jordan et al.
NM

In Books and Media
August 27, 1:10pm

Ronald Turnbull The Book of the Bivvy. Cicerone: UK 2nd. ed. 2007
NM

In Books and Media
August 27, 1:06pm

Integral Designs eVent Overbag
NM

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
March 13, 11:26pm

GoLite Jam2
nm

In Backpacks - Frameless
March 13, 11:22pm

TarpTent
nm

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 13, 11:20pm

Mountain Laurel Designs
nm

March 13, 11:17pm

Integral Designs Event Unishelter
nm

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
November 06, 10:23pm

Integral Design Hot Socks
?

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
November 06, 10:16pm

Integral Designs Pertex Windshirt
nm

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
November 05, 8:16am

C and C Outdoors
Tough company to deal with. Most of their stock they drop ship direct from the manufacturer so although you may see something and put it in your cart and order it, it will not be currently available....

August 18, 10:01am