BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6571 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...658

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hammock pro/con
Hammocks certainly aren't for everyone. I agree with David that the MLD Mid with bug inner is one of the most versatile shelters you can get. It's my preferred shelter in cold weather (with...

In GEAR » versatility in a shelter choice?
February 05, 5:43pm

Re: Re: Military Tents
"and the military only buys goods made in the usa" Wellllll, not exactly/not always......

In GEAR » Military Tents
February 05, 1:53pm

Re: re: Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
"it looks particularly appealing as a super-lux one-person shelter" +1. That's exactly what I'm getting one for! And I already have the optional door for those cold and windy n...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new Joe Valesko of Zpack's newZPacks™ "Hexamid" Twin Tent or Tarp
February 05, 1:51pm

Re: just checking...
Hi Evan, DJ at TiGoat started making bivies that were longer and with more girth to accomodate NeoAir and similar pads. This was one of the earlier one's he made. I think he started calling ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cuben Tarp and a Bivy
February 04, 8:28pm

Re: Re: Lending / Borrowing Gear
Agree with Jeff. It depends on the person and the circumstance. There are a couple of people to whom I would lend anything I own as their friendship is the most valued thing in that equation. And t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Lending/Borrowing Gear
February 04, 8:10pm

Re: FS: Montbell Thermawrap jkt
bump

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap jkt/UL down jkt
February 03, 4:55pm

Re: WTB: Cuben Tarp and a Bivy
Well, I don't have a cuben TARP, but I do have a cuben MLD Patrol Shelter details on shelter here I also have a TiGoat Omnizip bivy with net hood. It's basically a Ptarmigan with about 4...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cuben Tarp and a Bivy
February 03, 4:53pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: essence
Massey's Outfitters says they have a size large in Lithium. EDITED: Sorry, my bad, didn't read far enough to see that it's a women's jacket.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Essence
February 01, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Two poles & the Duomid
I used my LT4s, one with a pole jack and one with the LT4 extender (that I'm hoping they start selling soon as I want another one!) and it worked fine. Had tons of room inside. Seemed quite sta...

In GEAR » Two poles & the Duomid
February 01, 4:19pm

Re: vb
Don't know that I'd want a stripe on both sides, as I don't know that the top one would breathe well enough to keep the down from getting wet if you were perspiring a lot. FWIW, I us...

In Make Your Own Gear » Q. for Tim Marshall and the Cuben quilt club
February 01, 4:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am