BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Bivy Upgrade
FWIW, the Soul side zip, regular, will not accomodate a neoair inside. A Soul side zip, large will accomodate it easily. CORRECTION: I've an older Soul bivy with a smaller footbox. The newer...

In GEAR » Bivy Upgrade
December 09, 11:28am

Re: Down Inner Jacket
" the Down Inner line isn't quite warm enough for what I'm wanting to do" Hi Jacob! In your experience, is the Thermawrap line warmer than the down inner line? More specificall...

In Gear Swap » WTB Various Montbell Insulated Garments
December 09, 10:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
"I am thinking about doing it for the LT4 poles. Has anyone done this? I wish I still had the plugs from the TiGoat." I haven't, but I asked Grant if it was possible. He said yes, ...

In GEAR » GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
December 09, 8:36am

Re: WTB: Nunatak Arc Edge (or Arc AT)
Hi Zack, It's a standard medium, no overfill. See http://nunatakusa.com/site07/arc_products/arc_at.htm for details. I'm 5'8", about 170 lbs. When lying on my back with my feet d...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Nunatak Arc Edge
December 08, 8:18pm

Re: WTB: Nunatak Arc Edge
I've got an Arc AT, medium, I'd be willing to part with if you're interested. 1.0 Quantum shell. Gunmetal blue (which is more of a gray). Excellent shape. $175 shipped.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Nunatak Arc Edge
December 08, 7:54pm

Re: Re: GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
"Not exactly. But I got the GG grips to fit on the TiGoat poles using a couple of layers of heat shrink tubing. There's a thread around here someplace from when I did this." Hi Nia...

December 08, 6:43pm

Re: GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
"Do the GG pole handles fit on TiGoat poles? I do wish my TiGoats had slight longer and beefier handles." No, they don't. The circumference of the GG poles is a bit more than the T...

December 08, 10:38am

Re: GG or TiGoat Trekking Poles?
I'm a huge fan of the GG poles. They seem a bit beefier, I love the cork handles, the adjusters work very well, and with the carbon fiber extender they'll soon be selling, a wide range of u...

December 08, 9:38am

Re: Patagonia Nano Puff Pull Over
You can get 20 percent off one at Rock Creek (rockcreek.com) with free shipping until Dec. 10, FWIW.

In GEAR » Patagonia Nano Puff Pull Over
December 07, 7:16pm

Re: Re: Re: out there
"I advocate castration of 99% of males at birth ;)" You mean instead of at marriage, as it is currently.... ;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trekking and hunting
December 07, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am