BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6564 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...657

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: essence
Massey's Outfitters says they have a size large in Lithium. EDITED: Sorry, my bad, didn't read far enough to see that it's a women's jacket.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Marmot Essence
February 01, 6:48pm

Re: Re: Two poles & the Duomid
I used my LT4s, one with a pole jack and one with the LT4 extender (that I'm hoping they start selling soon as I want another one!) and it worked fine. Had tons of room inside. Seemed quite sta...

In GEAR » Two poles & the Duomid
February 01, 4:19pm

Re: vb
Don't know that I'd want a stripe on both sides, as I don't know that the top one would breathe well enough to keep the down from getting wet if you were perspiring a lot. FWIW, I us...

In Make Your Own Gear » Q. for Tim Marshall and the Cuben quilt club
February 01, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The iPad Thread
Great MacWorld article! http://www.macworld.com/article/146038/2010/01/ipad_future_shock.html

In GEAR » The iPad Thread
February 01, 4:04pm

Re: Nallo GT 2
If you're serious about a Nallo GT 2, I have one, never used, with footprint and extra poles, that I'm selling. See listing here.

In GEAR » 2 Person Lightweight double wall tent
January 31, 8:00pm

Re: Who stocks enough gear for others?
Hmmm, well, like a few others, I have extra gear, not for the purpose of outfitting someone else, but as a natural evolution in trying new gear as I figure out what works for me and what doesn'...

In GEAR » Who stocks enough gear for others?
January 31, 5:31pm

Re: Re: Re: "Goose Down, Humane?"
"Sadly this is not often the case, otherwise the greatest increases in population would be occurring in developed countries instead of the poorest countries. People living in abject poverty do...

In GEAR » Goose Down, Humane?
January 31, 4:16pm

Re: "Goose Down, Humane?"
"The difference between animals and humans living in squalor is humans have the ability to think "maybe I should not bring another mouth to feed into this world when I and even my communi...

January 31, 4:05pm

Re: Snow camping
Ramsey's Draft Wilderness 16-mile loop. Going with a small backpacking Meetup group I belong to. Plan to be at the trailhead (around 15 miles west of Churchville, VA) around 10 a.m. Sat. Around...

In Chaff » Winter Storm; Southern Appalachians
January 28, 8:54pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Goose Down, Humane?
"goose down. goose down. goose down." Goose down in the panty Goose down in the hall Why if it wasn't for my goose down I wouldn't be warm at all!

January 28, 8:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am