Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 7142 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...715

Forum » Thread

Re: Day Pack Suggestions
I think the MLD Burn would be a great choice. It's light at under 10 oz, could easily be used as a daypack, and still be used for a quick weekend overnighter/2-nighter. FWIW.

In GEAR » Day Pack Suggestions
May 07, 4:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Cuben sleep system
FWIW, my topquilt has a momentum stripe, my UQ does not. I've got another topquilt on order that does not as well. Had my hammock out this week. My UQ has 2.5" of loft, my topquilt has ...

In GEAR » Cuben sleep system
May 07, 4:28pm

Re: Right on the money Frank
"probably no possibility of one coming up on the gear forum." Never say never.......

In GEAR » Lightest/ best mummy insulated pad
May 07, 4:13pm

Re: Re: Running out of Space in my closet! Possible down gear storing options and alternatives?
"I would go with the underbed storage over plastic tubs or cubes" And you could just stand them on end in the closet instead of putting them under the bed, and still leave room to hang...

In GEAR » Running out of Space in my closet! Possible down gear storing options and alternatives?
May 07, 4:10pm

Re: Patagonia for less than cost at www.diamondbacktactical.com
"Sorry - I meant Mall Cops. You fellas feel better now?" So now you're telling me I look like Paul Blart? And that's supposed to be better!

In Gear Deals » Patagonia for less than cost at www.diamondbacktactical.com
May 07, 4:08pm

Re: Patagonia for less than cost at www.diamondbacktactical.com
Not sure sending a friendly email to Melissa constitutes being some forum cop, but I'm okay with it if it is. And in my email to her I never said any rules were broken.

May 07, 1:47pm

Re: eh
FWIW, I sent her the following email. She has replied in this forum. Hi Melissa! I saw your post on BackpackingLight.com about your Patagonia prices. I just wanted to send a note to tell y...

May 07, 12:58pm

Re: one post.
n/m Miles beat me to it!

May 07, 12:30pm

Re: Re: A couple thoughts.
Chriss.... The SMD Starlites are usually in stock -- you generally get them within a week or two at the very most. FWIW, Doug

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 07, 11:19am

Re: Backpacker Going Lightweight
A Six Moon Designs Starlite pack would save you about a pound, and it's a great pack - plenty of room for bigger loads. Separate 'compartment' to put your z-pad in for support.

In Gear Lists » Backpacker Going Lightweight
May 07, 8:48am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am