BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6524 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: Dolly Sods Packsledding
Hey Devin! What a fun little trip! What MSRs are those on yer feet? (I assume they're MSRs).

In Post-Trip Reports » Dolly Sods Packsledding
January 20, 8:19pm

Re: 61g Japanese Pull Saw @ Harbor Freight
Would this be something to cut up small 'logs' for firewood while backpacking, or is that not the use of this saw?

In GEAR » 61g Japanese Pull Saw @ Harbor Freight
January 20, 7:36pm

FS: JacksRBetter Mt. Washington 3- SOLD
This quilt is sold JacksRBetter Mt. Washington 3 underquilt. Used one season (less than a dozen times). Excellent condition. I gave away the JRB compression/stuff sack since I never used it, so ...

In Gear Swap » FS: JacksRBetter Mt. Washington 3
January 20, 7:34pm

Re: Re: cuben or pertex quilt"
You three are the reason I have to wait so long for mine!

In GEAR » cuben or pertex quilt
January 20, 7:00pm

Re: Re: Re: cuben or pertex quilt
Why both, of course! My Arc AT is about the perfect summer quilt. It's shorter, light, breathes, vents well, and really isn't that expensive. My cuben quilt is about the perfect late ...

In GEAR » cuben or pertex quilt
January 20, 3:23pm

Re: PHD / Nunatak
I've bought quite a few things from Nunatak throughout the year. After the first I realized about the wait! It is my unscientific belief that the closer to the colder months you order, the long...

In GEAR » PHD problems
January 20, 3:10pm

Re: Re: hexamid
"If you asked me today, I would without question take our DuoMid on a trip that I expected heavy extended rain or snow." +1. I really like the Hexamid, and have another on order. But f...

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 20, 10:13am

Re: On Being a UL Outcast
I was out this past weekend and we came upon a shelter full of 'normal' backpackers. There was snow on the ground and rain predicted overnight, so everyone crammed into the shelter. Except ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Going solo? How has ultralight made you an outcast?
January 19, 8:35pm

Re: Hexamid
Hi Eric! The beak really allows you to sit 'back' away from the front and get good coverage from the elements on its own. I did use the optional doors, however, on the night I was out in...

January 19, 8:05pm

Re: Re: Re: Zpacks 9oz tent - Nathan Baker
"I think Ill be doing the same Chris. A 3.3oz tarp and cuben doors combined with a SMD/MLD innernet should work well." I assume you mean the bug bivy and not innernet. The innernet wou...

January 19, 7:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am