BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6426 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: MLD Lightsnow Gaitors
I use the tall year round, FWIW

In GEAR » MLD Lightsnow Gaitors
January 09, 10:40am

Re: Lighter tents
"I for one think there is big market potential for tents that weigh a lot less if such a thing is actually possible." I think it depends on what you mean by "a lot less." Cub...

In GEAR » Cuben contrail
January 09, 10:26am

Re: Re: Rab Vapour Rise Pants
"How do you think they would work in sustained (cold) rain ?" They'd wet through. They're not waterproof, they just have a water repellent treatment. They are, however, fabu...

In GEAR » Rab Vapour Rise Pants
January 09, 6:44am

Re: Backpacking Light UL Hammer Pant size chart?
Sorry, but if you need a size chart, you're probably just not 'hip' enough to wear them.

In GEAR » Backpacking Light UL Hammer Pant size chart?
January 08, 8:06pm

Re: Ultralight Tripod
Have a look at the following thread (skip 2nd page, but do look at third page of thread after the first) http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum...

In Photography » Ultralight Tripod
January 08, 8:05pm

Re: Very kind offer
Oops! Ironically enough, there's an Annandale in the Northern Virginia area, where I work. Hence my offer. You know us danged yanks, we think EVERYTHING refers to the US!

In GEAR » MLD Ti Pot Smells
January 08, 8:01pm

Re: Thanks Pieter
"I don't have a dishwasher though" Surely someone you work with has one! If not, if you work near Fort Belvoir, I'll get it from you and take it home and put it in my dishwashe...

In GEAR » MLD Ti Pot Smells
January 08, 7:38pm

Re: Prolite Plus
As far as sliding, when I had two pads used together, I would simply secure them together with some grossgrain type webbing that I bought at REI (with buckle). One looped and buckled/tightened arou...

In GEAR » Prolite Plus
January 08, 7:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Ziplock bag for cameras?
+ whatever. I keep mine in an Aloksak. Been that way in rain, heat, cold. No issues yet with water buildup/condensation.

In Photography » Ziplock bag for cameras?
January 08, 7:15pm

Re: Pack Cover for ULA
My ULA rain cover from a bit over a year ago weighs 67 grams (a bit under 2.5 oz) on my cheap Salter kitchen scale. It's a size small. You can lighten 'em up a touch, I guess, by removing t...

In GEAR » Pack Cover for ULA
January 08, 7:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am