Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6781 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...679

Forum » Thread

Re: Hammock Tarp
"I was picturing the hammock being used as a tarp, i.e. overhead for rain protection like a normal tarp. Was this not the idea? I think that could work..." Not very well. Hammocks don&...

In GEAR » Using A Hammock As A Tarp
March 09, 7:07pm

Re: hammock Tarp
"why would they put the hammock on the ground and carry a groundsheet?" If you're a hammocker, but a portion of your trip will take you where there might not be any trees to hang f...

March 09, 7:05pm

Re: Question on aluminum poles
"Just wondering but are aluminum poles lighting magnets. Because if they are I will have an excuse to buy some LT4s." They are if she'll buy the story..... ;-)

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber Vs. Aluminum Trekking Poles
March 09, 6:12pm

Re: Using a Hammock as a Tarp Shelter
Not a new idea. People have been going to ground with their hammocks when they can't find trees for quite some time now. You don't need custom poles as you're not suspending the hammock...

March 09, 5:22pm

Re: Beartooth hoody....
David, I wasn't selling, but am willing to sell. I've already had an inquiry and need to get back to that person with additional info on fit. If you're interested, PM me for details,...

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Beartooth Hoody or Patagonia R1 Hoody
March 09, 3:24pm

Re: More Robust
No one thing is far better than another for all audiences.

March 09, 2:12pm

Wolfgang and his vault
Since we've been on a bit of a music kick in chaff lately, does anyone get as much enjoyment out of Wolfgang's Vault as I do? For you young whippersnappers, Wolfgang was Bill Graham, whose ...

In Chaff » Wolfgang and his vault
March 09, 1:48pm

Re: Re: Carbon Fiber Vs. Aluminum Trekking Poles
"Will carbon fiber be as robust?" The scientists can probably give you a great answer. As for me, I love my CF poles, but I don't grip my poles very tightly. I palm them going down...

March 09, 1:42pm

Re: WTB: BPL Beartooth Hoody or Patagonia R1 Hoody
I've got a medium in the beartooth, best I can do.

In Gear Swap » WTB: BPL Beartooth Hoody or Patagonia R1 Hoody
March 09, 1:39pm

Re: Rockys
Hi Clint, I really don't remember, but it certainly was less than two weeks.

In GEAR » Rocky Goretex socks
March 09, 1:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am