Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 7552 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...756

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"Here's a pic of me and my nose in a hat on the summit of Bernia" Ah, now we have the REAL story! Your nose is the cause of global warming! Oh, wait, that'd be global cooling, ...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 22, 11:50am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gear Brands and Their Pimps
Hey Travis!

In GEAR » Gear Brands and Their Pimps
October 21, 6:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Gear Brands and Their Pimps
What Montbell gear are you trying to buy? Most of it (if not all of it) is readily available in the US.

In GEAR » Gear Brands and Their Pimps
October 21, 6:44pm

Re: Re: The UK domestic energy bill
"Null hypothesis:" I prefer the numbskull hypothesis: The earth is warming because of a big, invisible candle in space directly underneath it. I'm not sure who actually lit the ...

October 20, 2:57pm

Re: FS: BPL Stealth Nano w/ MLD Bug Bivy
How much for the Stealth Nano on its own?

In Gear Swap » FS: BPL Stealth Nano w/ bug bivy
October 19, 1:06pm

Re: any updates?
Hey Konrad, Unfortunately, I haven't yet used it. Been out of the woods for a bit -- stuff happens kind of thing. Actually been thinking of selling it. But only thinking..... ;-)

In GEAR » My new modded Hexamid Twin
October 18, 9:59pm

Re: Cocoon Hoody
"Why does it being synthetic make it a better choice for sleeping in, in your view David?" If it's wet/humid outside, or if you perspire a lot, down will lose its loft over multipl...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light Cocoon Insulated Hoody
October 18, 3:19pm

Re: Trekking pole straps
I imagine you'll get plenty of differing views on this. I hated the straps on my trekking poles, and bought poles without them. No straps is my preference. But then again, I generally don't...

In GEAR » Trekking pole straps
October 18, 12:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Son of Carbon Flame War
"Including the more able entrepreneurs who have to shoulder a bigger portion of the tax burden to achieve this." The brain doesn't always work too well, but I seem to remember a re...

October 18, 12:17pm

Re: Re: Re: subscription
"Can it do something about a crappy government?" That depends. Whose?

In GEAR » BPL Subscription
October 12, 8:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am