BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6606 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...661

Forum » Thread

Re: Vancouver 2010
Nope. Haven't had an interest in/watched the Olympics for quite some time now. But Vancouver is another story. I'd love to backpack up there!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Vancouver 2010
February 12, 7:07pm

Re: Omni
The big difference between these two, in my opinion, is the bug hood. If you get the Omni, you can get a full bug hood but still have the option of using the full fabric hood in nasty weather. With...

In GEAR » lightweight bivy-neo compatible
February 11, 7:47am

Re: lightweight bivy-neo compatible
+1. My Omni worked great with the NeoAir, plenty of room. Of course, I'm only 5'8", but there was a lot of fabric left at the foot area. I just sold it because it was so long and order...

In GEAR » lightweight bivy-neo compatible
February 11, 7:43am

Re: Volume
Hey Dan! Did you add the sternum strap to the Revelation? A great addition if so!

In GEAR » Pimping MLD
February 11, 7:35am

Re: Re: Ti Goat/ Tenkara
Ah, he doesn't have to. Updates are spelled out on the TiGoat site.

In GEAR » GG LT-4 and Titanium Goat Adj. Poles
February 08, 7:18pm

Re: A few from the JMT
Truly wonderful images Ryan. Thanks for sharing.

In Photo Gallery » A few from the JMT
February 08, 7:04pm

Re: Ti Goat and Tenkara pole/fly rod
I can answer that one. No, you can't use the LT4 grips on the TiGoat poles currently, they're too big. I guess you could kludge something together if you really wanted to, but the top TiGoa...

February 08, 6:59pm

Re: Montbell Peak Jacket
+1 on the Peak. It's my favorite jacket by far. Sold a nearly new Mica and kept this jacket instead. I've been comfortable in a range of temps with this jacket, all the way down to about 15...

In GEAR » What's your favorite rain jacket?
February 08, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Which is which?
While waiting for Ben's response, I'll give mine. I've used both, and chose the LT4s as my everyday trekking poles (and sold the TiGoat poles). The LT4s are thicker, and seem sturdie...

February 08, 5:30pm

Re: Which is which?
LT4s top, TiGoat on bottom

February 08, 5:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am