BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6492 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...650

Forum » Thread

Re: Ben, it's about ethics
And for goodness sakes, use protection!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ugly Mugs
January 15, 8:20am

Re: RE: Thermawrap/Down
Oops. Sorry. Both mediums. Can't really tell you about the usage as I bought both from other BPLers. I've used the Thermawarp twice, I've never used the UL down. The UL down looks li...

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap jkt/UL down jkt
January 15, 5:17am

FS: Montbell Thermawrap jkt - reposted in newer thread
reposted in newer thread

In Gear Swap » FS: Montbell Thermawrap jkt/UL down jkt
January 14, 10:12pm

Re: immaculate reception
ROFL!

January 14, 10:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 9 oz tent
Should get my hexamid either tomorrow or Saturday. But I'm off backpacking Sat-Mon, so I won't get a chance to test it til next week.

In GEAR » Joe Valesko of Zpack's new 9oz tent
January 14, 10:10pm

Re: Re: Ugly Mug
"being a phone virgin" OH! Phone virgin! Of course. Ummm, yeah, that's what I meant. Yeah, phone virgin. Ummm, never mind.

January 14, 9:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Ugly Mug
"I think if you make it to 62 and still haven't lost your virginity you oughta get some kind of medal." I think if you make it to 62 and still haven't lost your virginity you o...

January 14, 9:08pm

Re: Re tent
And the pics don't really show you how much room is inside this tent. I set mine up in the yard once before I sold it, and was truly amazed at how much room I had in the 'sleeping quarters&...

In Gear Swap » WTB : 4 Season Tent -AND- Winter Sleeping Bag
January 14, 8:58pm

Re: Tadaa!
Not to be cheeky, but if you turned the stakes 90 degrees, would this make a difference? What I mean by that is, for each stake, feed it through the same hole you're feeding it through now, but...

In GEAR » UL Compact Caldera Cone stakes
January 14, 6:44pm

Re: Mugs...
"Ti mug is exactly what I stated it as. A luxury. I like it, it's sexy in its own way. Not better, different." +1 - I see it the same way! Ah, life's little luxuries!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG or BYOG...Cook Kits
January 14, 6:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am