BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5701 - 5710 of 6641 | Page: 1 ...562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 ...665

Forum » Thread

Re: Hiker in Need!!
nm-meant to be a PM

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 19, 8:49am

Re: Re: snow
Javan, dude, perhaps I can assist -- stay away from the brown snow.....

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Treating melted snow
February 19, 5:31am

Re: absolutely nothing
"I reprimand myself!" Not too much or you'll go blind.....

In Gear Swap » Tarptent Squall 2
February 18, 9:55pm

Re: Re: Re: 'At a Boy Javan
"I'm a closet realist, Ben is a died in the wool idealist" Now if only Richard Nisley would do a side by side comparison of the thermal properties and heat retention of a realist a...

February 18, 9:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Is that...
Now that we've reached 9 pages, has anyone ever seen the animated movie '9'? Great movie. In some weird way, kinda reminds me of this thread....

February 18, 9:48pm

Re: you guys are ridiculous and awesome
"So close!!!" And yet ........ (wait for iiiiiiit) ......... so far

February 18, 9:06pm

Re: Hiker in Need!!
I've got a Petzl headlamp in great condition. XP I think. I'll get it in the mail early next week, if not Saturday. I've also got a Ridgerest that, thanks to Bender, I don't think I...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hiker in Need!! can you help?
February 18, 8:54pm

Re: REDUCD PRICES
Is the bivy the 2010 model (sized for the NeoAir and like pads) or the earlier models? Net hood or half moon window? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » MLD Sale
February 18, 12:20pm

Re: re: Shovel
"How about combining a ULA Helix Carbon Fiber Ice Axe with your cookpot? They no longer have them available" They're still listed on the ULA site, and seem to be available for orde...

In Gear Lists » Alaska-Yukon Expedition: 4,700 miles and 7 months; start in 4 weeks
February 17, 6:54pm

Re: Is it better to lose weight, or decrease pack weight?
Yes.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Is it better to lose weight, or decrease pack weight?
February 17, 6:50pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am