Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 571 - 580 of 589 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Re: Super Fly
16 oz for the XL Thanks Roger

In Gear Swap » FS Windshirts & Jackets
May 02, 4:41am

FS Windshirts & Jackets
Outdoor Research Ion Pullover, XL, Alpenglow. A weather-resistant and highly breathable wind shirt, it has a 3/4-length zipper, $40 including USPS priority mail shipping. Marmot Ion jacket, ...

In Gear Swap » FS Windshirts & Jackets
May 01, 6:55pm

I like your legs
Bill I am continually impressed with your gear making skills. Can you elaborate a little more on your legs, stove legs that is. As a crux owner I am tempted to make a set. Thanks

In GEAR » Wind screen for Optimus Crux
April 30, 12:26pm

Sold
All items are sold, thanks for all the enquiries Roger

In Gear Swap » FS Tarptent, Nunatak and SMD gear
April 18, 7:43pm

Re: size of Arc?
size long, I have an Arc Alpinist which I prefer to use

April 18, 4:56pm

FS Tarptent, Nunatak and SMD gear
Tarptent Rainbow, seam sealed and used for one night only, see the accompanying forum TT Rainbow in action for a detailed discussion of this excellent tent. This tent is in excellent condition $1...

April 18, 1:38pm

zipper in a bivy
I purchased a BMW Vapr Bivy Sack without a zipper but decided I needed one and the folks at Rainy Pass did a great job of instaling one. For me it was much easier to get in and out of and was a wor...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy with Zipper?
April 18, 1:02pm

Re: Merino Wool As Midlayer and Not Just Base Layer
I prefer the BPL Possum Down Jumper as a mid layer coupled, when necessary with a Montane Solo Gillet (Vest) probably similar to a Montbell vest. I use Icebreaker Merino as my base layer This ar...

In GEAR » Merino Wool As Midlayer and Not Just Base Layer
February 22, 2:17pm

Microlight
As an Aussie I now I know why I liked the design of the Rainbow. I am a long time user of a Macpac Microlight. A great tent which withstands a lot of severe weather including snow. I still have my ...

In GEAR » Rainbow or Lunar Solo e
February 21, 7:28pm

Tassie
Sounds like South West Tasmania, Australia, to me. Wet, damp, wet and wetter and that is just summer imagine what winter is like! I can't wait to get to Scotland and explore the Munros

In GEAR » Backpacking Scotland - Dealing With the Wet and Cold (Photo Essay & Gear List)
January 18, 4:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm