BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.wordpress.com
About Me 23 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 571 - 580 of 2381 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ...239

Forum » Thread

Nothing Good, anyways.
Nothing. I've found nothing.

In GEAR » What have you been finding at thrift stores?
November 11, 10:45am

Alternative Opinion
As someone who's only been an "outdoorsman" for about a year and a half, any weight is acceptable for snow goggles because I feel like a badass with a real pair strapped to my head. ...

In GEAR » LIGHTEST ski goggle?
November 09, 3:28pm

Going Light
I have the MLD e-Vent mitts and find them just perfect for what I need them for. I haven't seam-sealed them but I'm not looking to do any diving with them, so I likely won't bother. ...

In GEAR » OR Endeavor Mitts replacement
November 07, 3:41pm

Environmentalist
Same reason I don't use campbell's soup cups for a cup and a won-ton soup container for a bowl and a trash bag for a poncho and poly-pro for a groundsheet. I like well-made, durable stuff, ...

In GEAR » The Case Against Nylon Oven Bags for Pack Organization
November 07, 3:38pm

Awesome! Awesome!
In a timeline of months (not years) I forsee getting one of these for bikepacking. The weight stays low to keep your center of gravity down, and I'd get mine with some side storage pockets and ...

In GEAR » Zimmer pockets on a Zimmer pack...Half Pack
November 07, 1:00pm

Patagonia Micro-D Half Zip
I love my new Patagonia Micro-D fleece. It's much warmer than what you're looking for and much warmer than your R1 but the weight is 8oz. That kind of warmth-to-weight ratio might win you o...

In GEAR » lesser midlayer?
November 07, 12:56pm

Are you really worried about lifespan of synthetic?
Good synthetic items pay for themselves in usage. In my opinion, the ability to use a synthetic bag for ~800 nights or more before it's truly dead is more than enough to warrant my dollar. W...

In GEAR » of water resistant down
November 07, 12:54pm

It's better, but not good enough for Ireland.
Ultimately, it resists the capture of moisture better than regular down. However, down is not a substitute for synthetic in really wet conditions like you described. It doesn't perform better t...

November 07, 7:54am

Choose by Activity
When I expect prolonged rain, I take my BA Fly Creek, about the size of your Seedhouse. Otherwise, I'd probably use my tarp. So, everyone's different, but I absolutely choose a shelter base...

In GEAR » Shelter choices and projected forecast - strategy changes?
November 07, 7:49am

Wrong
It helps with both. The extent that it helps is up for some debate, but part of the draw to hydrophobic down is the resistance to moisture buildup from water vapor from your body.

November 07, 7:21am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm