Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 571 - 580 of 2980 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ...298

Forum » Thread

Quality Icebreaker
Bump, great deal on a great shirt. A+ Merino

In Gear Swap » FS: Icebreaker Bodyfit Crew, Size Men's L
May 01, 9:02pm

Get Decades
Absolutely Sage: A wise friend once advised me to "never spend more than $1000 on a car or less than $1000 on a bicycle."

In GEAR » "Don't buy expensive ___; save your money and buy good _____."
April 29, 9:57am

My mistake
Oops, my mistake. It is a 26" fatbike. My point kinda still stands, since a fatbike wheel is not a common wheel to find in South America. I suppose I assumed fatbike wheels were 29" be...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » Max's Guide to Building Your Touring Bike
April 27, 9:49pm

Maybe Not Steel
26" wheels are only more popular in certain countries, and the gap is closing. Just do your research. A lot of the "traditional" thoughts about third-world touring have been retho...

April 27, 8:32pm

Steel vs Titanium
My understanding/experience is that Titanium is so strong, you don't really need to consider it bending or breaking. There's a common anecdote/trope that you'll be able to weld a st...

April 27, 8:06pm

Answers
I don't know about the age, but it's not very old. It's the same modern cut as the current ones. There aren't any thumb holes.

In Gear Swap » FS: Icebreaker Bodyfit Crew, Size Men's L
April 27, 2:04pm

Neat
Not my size. Nice of you to give for free. Thanks for making GearSwap a cool place :)

In Gear Swap » Free to a good home, Columbia Shirts
April 27, 12:36am

Feedback Wanted!
I talked about this shirt on my blog, and I got some heat for being a "shill." Since W&P found me through BPL and gave me a shirt to test, I thought posting a review was a pretty reas...

In GEAR » Wool & Prince: Great Shirt, Great Material, Great Company
April 26, 8:48pm

Yes! The T-shirt I tested is 16.5 microns. Their "Better Button Down" is a worsted wool so it feels VERY different from the t-shirt, and I'm not sure about the microns there. I would ...

April 26, 7:04pm

Sorry
You're right... I could have been more clear. What I mean is, the fibers in my Ibex stuff are a little "smoother" to the touch. They don't have that peach fuzz effect. I suspect (...

April 26, 6:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

CEP Dynamic+ Outdoor Wool Socks
Since I've got a blood malformation in my foot, I often use compression socks to kee...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
May 27, 7:10am

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm