BPL Community Profile

Max Dilthey (mdilthey) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MaxTheCyclist.com
About Me 24 year old backpacker, cyclist, and university outing club leader. As an environmental science major, I have been making the outdoors the priority of my existence since 2011.
StateMA
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://www.MaxTheCyclist.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Max Dilthey

Showing 571 - 580 of 2750 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ...275

Forum » Thread

It's cool
I really think it's perfectly fine to sell knives here and I don't see why anyone would have a problem. Good luck!

In Gear Swap » New-ish Brothers of Brushcraft Knife and Sheath
February 08, 8:04am

Poncho
A poncho isn't a perfect system for me for a couple of reasons. Firstly, a poncho is redundant with my rain jacket and rain pants, which I'm already bringing for use on the bike. So, the ro...

In GEAR » Sleep System for Bikepacking
February 07, 8:37am

BPL Meetup
Duncan, PM sent

February 06, 1:34pm

Great Suggestions
Good suggestions, all: The poles aren't an end-all, I can definitely strap them to the frame. It's just slightly less convenient than the bivy. I have found that the less straps I have, ...

February 06, 1:12pm

Drybag Pack
Sea to Summit makes a drybag with a shoulder/hipbelt integrated that looks pretty burly. It has lash points and no dedicated frame, and comes in at 2lb 4oz. You can reduce that further if you repla...

In GEAR » Pack recommendations with special requirements .. Kinda.
February 06, 1:04pm

Poly Tarp is Too Big
Love the Borahgami shelter (though, I'm silently resentful I lost the naming contest to such an excellent name. Genius!). I don't think couple's bikepacking is in the future, but you ne...

February 06, 10:05am

Duct Tape Chic
Yeah, I wish some more of my gear looked like it's seen a war. Honestly, it makes it less likely that I get robbed while I nomad around. My cycling backpack looks like it's seen a war:

In GEAR » Ultralight Primaloft Mittens?
February 06, 9:55am

Good to know, 10ยบ
Thanks Ian, good info there. In the summer, if I were to use a bivy, I'd go absolutely minimalist on insulation.

In GEAR » Is anyone making eVent bivy's anymore?
February 06, 9:53am

Floor Matters
As for the cuben bottom, this was the main reason I went for Borahgear over MLD (sorry Ron). I think the full eVent floor is going to make a substantial difference in breathability if the BPL commu...

February 06, 9:48am

Worst case scenario, I'm stuck with the tent.
I think a WR bivy and a tarp is the ultimate solution here, but unfortunately, I need my shelters to go as far as humanly possible and I can't keep a quiver like I want to. I got an amazing ...

February 06, 9:46am

All Reader Reviews by Max Dilthey

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Kelty backpacks redwing 3100, red cloud 6650
I have two packs; a lightweight pack and a big, indestructible monster. It's good to have something reliable to fall back on for deep winter, or trips where you're carrying extra gear for some...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
February 02, 5:52am

Boreas Men's Buttermilk 40
Fit: This bag has a superb fit that places more pressure on your lower back, which distributes weight to the hips and keeps your upper back cool. I was impressed with how well this pack vented, even w...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
November 24, 7:19pm