BPL Community Profile

Jason Elsworth (jephoto) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale New Zealand
About Me Jason Elsworth has not added a biography yet.
CityWellington
CountryNew Zealand
My Website URLhttp://www.jasonelsworth.co.nz

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jason Elsworth

Showing 571 - 580 of 907 | Page: 1 ...49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ...91

Forum » Thread

It's only a movie
but I find other theorists and practitioners more interesting and valuable, particularly Jung and Korzybski. +1.

In Chaff » It's only a movie
April 19, 12:30am

Help! Afraid of non-traditional hiking boots!
Presently, the NOLS gear list says BIG LEATHER HIKING BOOTS ARE NOT ALLOWED! And that came because the pattern was so consistent. Sadly not on the NOLS New Zealand gear list I am afraid. Scarpa:...

In GEAR » Help! Afraid of non-traditional hiking boots!
April 17, 4:41pm

Ode to a Gear Junkie
Very good. Those of us outside of the US get the extra thrill when we see the package has passed though customs duty free. My poor kids are always saying "oh no, another parcel for Daddy, when...

In Chaff » Ode to a Gear Junkie
April 14, 7:21pm

Gorrila straps
I am 6 foot 154 lbs, small chest and neck - classic bean pole. I need to wear a collared shirt to prevent rubbing and have also replaced the stock foam with a narrower piece I cut myself. I am now ...

In GEAR » A new pack - I know what I want, but don't know what to get.
April 12, 6:30pm

Sleeping bag for tarp
I would look at getting a water resistant bivy bag (6-7 oz) for use with your tarp. They can add a decent amount of warmth to a sleeping system especially in windy conditions. I have used my quilt ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sleeping bag for tarp
April 07, 12:37am

New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
20 miles per day is very doable, as many have said, especially if you hike for ten hours. 30 mile days are also doable (haven't done many myself since I was a teenager though). Stringing togeth...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New to this - how fast can one backpack (miles/day)?
April 06, 3:41pm

Where to carry a PLB and how to protect them?
Where are people carrying their PLBs and what are they using to protect them case wise? Thanks.

In GEAR » Personal Location Beacons, spot vs mcmurdo
March 26, 10:23pm

Personal Location Beacons, spot vs mcmurdo
+ 1 to Greg and Craig. I have just got a 210 (211 here in NZ). Hope never to use it, but I do most of my hiking solo, so, despite the cost, it seemed the sensible thing to do.

In GEAR » Personal Location Beacons, spot vs mcmurdo
March 26, 6:44pm

3 season quilt choice
"I had decided on getting one of the new wider ones he plans to release in May." Good news. The JRB No-Sniveller (which I have) is on the narrow side for a quilt.

In GEAR » 3 season quilt choice
March 25, 5:13pm

Tubes
The white plastic clip for the bottom of the squeeze tube can break. So true. I now replace mine with duct tape.

In GEAR » What do you carry your spreads in?
March 23, 1:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Jason Elsworth

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Jacks R Better Fast and very helpful
Arrived quickly all the way to New Zealand and looks very well made.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 16, 4:11am