BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 571 - 580 of 580 | Page: 1 ...39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58

Forum » Thread

Re: Tanking up on water.
Ray does indeed comment about knowing your water consumption needs given the trail ahead. And they do try to plan it so that they take their last swallow just before reaching the next source. W...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ray Jardine's Suggestions
March 19, 10:13am

Re: Ray's Way
I'm going to try the one-shoulder carry on my next hike after my pack weight drops below ten pounds to see how it goes. The other thing that I just now considered is that I always hike with ...

March 18, 4:34pm

Ray Jardine's Suggestions
I just finished reading Trail Life by Ray Jardine. I enjoyed the book - once I got past the accusations that I only bought my gear because the "Big" companies convinced me to through the...

March 18, 2:23pm

Re: BPL ultralight pillows
I'm planning on using the dual-chambered pillows on a trip in April, but we'll only be out for two nights so I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm seeing. I hope they will last ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL ultralight pillows
March 17, 1:11pm

Re: ul60 vest
It seems to be about the same across my chest as my Ex Light jacket. I don't know what else I could tell you. On my scale it weighs 192 grams (6.77 ounces). My Ex Light weighs 222 grams (7.8...

In Gear Swap » WTB ul60 vest xl or xxl
March 13, 1:11pm

Re: WTB ul60 vest xl or xxl
Jim - I have an XXL in cobalt blue that I've never worn. I'm happy to part with it for $85 (including shipping). I bought it and the MontBell Ex Light Down Jacket at the same time and don...

In Gear Swap » WTB ul60 vest xl or xxl
March 13, 12:11pm

Re: Water Filtration
I'm sure I'll take some grief from this because of the weight, but you might want to consider the AquaStar UV filter. I hike mostly in Pennsylvania with lots of clear streams along the tra...

In GEAR » Water Filtration
March 03, 8:44pm

Favorite Weekend Trails in PA
My pleasure - I haven't found a book with all of these hikes in them but have a lot more information on all of them if you'd like - just let me know. Also - I'm not sure where in the...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite weekend trails in Pennsylvania?
February 19, 7:56am

Favorite Weekend Trails in PA
I have a couple of trails that I really like for weekend hikes: The West Rim Trail (27-30 miles) is a point-to-point hike along the west rim of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon. Pine Creek Outfitt...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Favorite weekend trails in Pennsylvania?
February 18, 9:31pm

Re: Searchable Online Trip Listing
Perhaps you could partner with LocalHikes.com - he's already got a great format that sounds like it would meet the needs of the others who have posted replies to this. One change that we might wan...

In Post-Trip Reports » Online Backpack Trip Listing
November 22, 1:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am