Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 571 - 580 of 616 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Forum » Thread

GoLite Ether
Another vote for the GoLite Ether. My primary rain gear is the Gatewood Cape but it really has to be raining for me to put that on. The Ether is only 4 ounces (in a XL)and is what I put on first ...

In GEAR » Wind Shirt Advice?
August 06, 7:54am

Prison Brush
I'm pretty sure my fingertip toothbrushes came from REI.

In GEAR » Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
August 05, 6:30pm

Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
While walking through my local drugstore last night I found these: There are four in a pack for $2.59 AND they come with a pellet of toothpaste already in place for the first use! They are ...

In GEAR » Throw Away the Fingertip Toothbrushes
July 29, 11:41am

Pillow
I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to one thing: I like to sit on a pad during breaks and in camp. I carry the Thermarest LiteSeat (3.6 ounces). It fits in an outside pocket of the pack and i...

In GEAR » Suggestions: a mug, a pillow, a bandana
July 15, 5:53am

SMD Lunar Duo - Extra Tieouts
I just use my buddy's hiking poles to support the extra tieouts. There are always two of us (thus four poles) when we take the Duo and it puts the other two poles to good use.

In GEAR » Six Moons Designs Lunar Duo question
July 14, 12:58pm

Re: Stream Crossings
It's always good to cross streams with a smile on your face!!!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Swimming Holes
July 14, 12:53pm

Old Loggers Path - Stream Crossing
Seriously - I'll always do this loop clockwise because of the great campsites. Here's a picture of me crossing the stream right after breakfast on April 5, 2008: Please note - t...

July 13, 9:23am

Old Loggers Path
I forgot to mention that the swimming hole was written up in Backpacker about two years ago. I don't think it sees much use, but it was fun to see it in the magazine a month or two after I fir...

July 13, 8:57am

Old Loggers Path
Another option is the Old Loggers Path in Masten PA (about 45 minutes north of Williamsport). It's a loop hike (27 miles total) but if you start in Masten and hike counter-clockwise you'll...

July 13, 6:55am

Gatewood Cape Guylines
I used the BPL NANO Dyneema guyline kit to make the lines for my SMD Gatewood Cape. I cut the lines to 24" and then used about 3" to make a loop on the non-tensioner end. Rather than us...

In GEAR » Guy Lines for MLD Poncho/Tarp
July 02, 8:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am