Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken T. (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale All up in there
About Me Better to observe than to be observed.
CityChico
StateCA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken T.

Showing 5631 - 5640 of 9692 | Page: 1 ...555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ...970

Forum » Thread

Re: Different needs????
I have experienced wind, rain, hail, snow flurries and more rain in a 45 mile stretch in an hour and a half drive to the trailhead where it was sunny. Got 45 mph gusts later that night. We get 60 t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 11, 6:35pm

Re: Cheap, Lightweight Skeeter Shelter?
http://store.mpgear.com/a16bugbivy.aspx

In GEAR » Cheap, Lightweight Skeeter Shelter?
April 11, 6:04pm

Re: Trying to go sub-20, advice appreciated
I always suggest taking a look at the community gear lists listed to your right as a good starting point to see what is possible. Sub 20 around here for your climate will be easy. You are alr...

In Gear Lists » Trying to go sub-20, advice appreciated
April 11, 5:58pm

Re: Rolling reviews
Last on the thread drift. How abut just a line at the end of part one stating, Look for part 2 00/0000.

In Editor's Roundtable » Mountain Laurel Designs TrailStar Shelter Review
April 10, 7:09pm

Re: Rolling reviews
How about publishing an editorial schedule like you guys use to? So we can know when to expect something instead of everything here getting sucked into an editorial black hole.

April 10, 5:57pm

Re: Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report
"It's just that I do not have the luxury of guaranteed wind-free sunny weather where I walk." Where is this hiking Utopia? Does it exist? Bears +1 Free standing a scam? Well ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report - Part 1: Definition and Pitching
April 10, 5:48pm

Rolling reviews
+1 with Andrew.

April 10, 4:10pm

Re: Awfully familiar to some of us.
COOL! Now I know. Thanks Matt.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Awfully familiar to some of us.
April 10, 6:31am

Re: MYOG Bamboo Trekking Pole
Good job!

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Bamboo Trekking Pole
April 09, 10:03pm

Re: Some challenges for the project
Some people too will use the same shelter or pack but not necessarily both every time they go out. Bigger pack for winter or bear canister vs. their normal 3 season load.

In Make Your Own Gear » my senior thesis design project
April 09, 9:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken T.

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am