Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5631 - 5640 of 8432 | Page: 1 ...555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ...844

Forum » Thread

Re: Funk
I live in a beautiful area surrounded by excellent hiking. It's all around taunting me. Add that feeling to realizing that you don't get out nearly enough. Blows.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Funk
October 04, 6:54am

Re: I'm in
Woo Hoo! Almost time! Glad you can make it Josh.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
October 04, 6:25am

Re: Timezone setting?
no

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Timezone setting?
October 04, 6:20am

Re: Emigrant Wilderness Lake Tour 9/29 to 10/2
Very Nice Dave. Looks like a great time. Will have to get south next year for sure. See you in a few weeks!

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness Lake Tour 9/29 to 10/2
October 03, 10:40pm

Re: How many BPL ads have you clicked on?
None here either. And funny, I don't notice them much now as at first.

In Chaff » How many BPL ads have you clicked on?
October 03, 10:36pm

Re: Ask a kid
There is no right or wrong with being homosexual. It's not a choice, it's how they are. Nothing immoral either. It's the 21st Century. Get with it BSA!

In Chaff » BSA discrimination policy :(
October 03, 6:36am

Re: bed
Just get some closed cell foam pad cut to size. He'll appreciate it and it is not a burden for you to carry it for him.

In GEAR » Dog Beds in the backcountry
October 02, 3:59pm

Re: dog bed
I take a section of Ridgerest. I use it to sit on, but he does seem to appreciate some padding. He'll get on my pad if his is not inside. I do use him as a external heat source when sleeping. L...

In GEAR » Dog Beds in the backcountry
October 02, 3:28pm

Re: Overnight with the kiddos in the White Mountain Wilderness.
Dang Eugene. Those ares some lucky little ones you have there. Another fantastic report. Almost felt like I was there. Thanks!

In Post-Trip Reports » Overnight with the kiddos in the White Mountain Wilderness.
October 01, 10:56pm

Re: So Kens
As long as you pack out your brass I don't mind. I'm sure you won't be the only one.

In Chaff » Please Read This
October 01, 6:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am