BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5631 - 5640 of 8222 | Page: 1 ...555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ...823

Forum » Thread

Re: forum support
Long weekend perhaps. I would PM Addie. I have had good luck using that method.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PLEASE rename TRIP REPORTS and TRIP ANNOUNCMENTS
September 02, 5:47pm

Re: Re:Who Can Build Me a Custom Hammock?
Were you using a pad or an underquilt with the Hennessy? What about it was uncomfortable? I would like to figure out where the problem is before you start throwing money around to find a solu...

In Hammocks » Who Can Build Me a Custom Hammock?
September 02, 6:20am

Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
Check out Weather Underground for current weather conditions in Trinity Center, CA. closer to trip time.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
September 01, 9:43pm

Should have pleasant temps during the day with temps at nights still above freezing. Bears are around, but no canister required. Hammock paradise.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
September 01, 3:36pm

Re: Exotac nanoStriker
I'm with Craig. My firesteel is ready to go without any assembly. And it is my backup. Too expensive. Cute though.

In GEAR » Exotac nanoStriker Lightning
September 01, 6:34am

How to get there... Get yourself to HWY 299. This would be in Redding if you are coming via I-5. West of I-5 on HWY 299 you will come to the town of Weaverville and the junction with HWY 3. ...

August 31, 8:42pm

Re: Sat-Sun version
Will be set up in beautiful Morris Meadow. When you see the view of the meadow in this photo, look to your left. We should be over near the creek.

August 31, 7:11pm

I was thinking of camping at Bridge camp right at the trailhead Thurs. James, Glad you are coming!

August 31, 4:25pm

Re: GSI pot lifter
I think those work just fine. I have not had any issues with discomfort from steam.

In GEAR » Best way to remove Ti mug from cooking fire
August 31, 7:01am

Re: BPL store - no more gear???
You missed the great dialog on closing the store. Which they did.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » BPL store - no more gear???
August 31, 6:54am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am