BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Ken Thompson hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5631 - 5640 of 7512 | Page: 1 ...555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ...752

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Lost Coast in and out
Yes. Canisters required

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Lost Coast in and out
March 06, 7:31pm

Re: I maybe disagree...
Ankle support in anything other than a plastic boot is a myth. I can bend my ankle to the side in my Montrails. We are talking backpacking not mountaineering are we not? Yes off trail in sneakers....

In GEAR » In need of help, BOOT SHOPPING
March 06, 2:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Prices
"We have similar housing in the US too." No cage homes here. Ever live anywhere where you had to share a single toilet with 20 others, adjacent to the kitchen? Nick, America was ...

In Chaff » Buying Chinese Goods
March 06, 2:13pm

Re: Lost Coast in and out
Weekend after perhaps. 25-27th? I'll have to look at the tides. Properly this time.

March 06, 2:09pm

Re: Prices
Check this out for a view inside Chinese housing. http://photomichaelwolf.com/100_x_100/ http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b67_1265033480 Granted it is public housing. But no private bath or...

March 06, 1:40pm

Re: Free Fabric Samples to Share: From Quest/Rockywoods/SeattleFabrics/Rainshed
Next in line PM me your address.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fabric Samples to Share: From Quest/Rockywoods/SeattleFabrics/Rainshed
March 06, 12:48pm

Re: Lost Coast in and out
Full Moon and Vernal Equinox on the weekend of the 19th?

March 06, 12:46pm

Re: Re: Prices
I read recently in the WSJ? that the average Chinese worker earns $6000 a year.

March 06, 9:56am

Lost Coast in and out
Anyone in for doing an in and out at the Lost Coast. Say Mattole to Spanish or Miller Flat and back?

March 06, 9:30am

Re: Through hiking books
Care to elaborate on Zero Days? I enjoyed Colin Fletcher's The Thousand Mile Summer and The Man Who Walked Through Time. Just finished The High Adventure of Eric Ryback. Interesting persp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Through hiking books
March 06, 8:57am

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 08, 6:44am