BPL Community Profile

Ken Thompson (kthompson) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Behind the Redwood Curtain
About Me Better to observe than be observed.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ken Thompson

Showing 5631 - 5640 of 8208 | Page: 1 ...555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 ...821

Forum » Thread

Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
Woodstoves preferred. I am thinking that temps could get to near freezing. I expect no snow though. Jack. You don't need to prove anything. I will ask people to RSVP as we get closer ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
August 29, 7:00pm

Re: "PLEASE rename TRIP REPORTS and TRIP ANNOUNCMENTS"
+2

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » PLEASE rename TRIP REPORTS and TRIP ANNOUNCMENTS
August 29, 6:50pm

Re: Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
Less than 2 months away now! @Sheila Family is overrated. Come hiking!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Trinity Alps, Morris Meadow Octoberfest
August 28, 9:32pm

Re: Report the spammer: ref hbfwe
You can use the report post button, the red flag in the middle up there to the right, and do it that way. I did report these also.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Report the spammer: ref hbfwe
August 26, 9:16pm

Re: How many packs do you own?
5 but I can't get rid of the 2 that are retired. one pack is my wife's. I use just 2 these days.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How many packs do you own?
August 25, 7:16pm

Re: trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
"Hiking the JMT was the most depressing backpacking trip I have ever taken. So many people with no trail manners, and no respect for the land." That is a really sad statement. I am s...

In Post-Trip Reports » trash, hidden crap , and tp everywhere on JMT.
August 24, 6:47pm

RE: Hope I can get some help in the right direction
Why not hike the California Coastal Trail? There are versions in OR and WA. The East Coast is lame in comparison. I lived in NJ and FL for those who wish to disagree.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hope I can get some help in the right direction.
August 24, 6:21am

Re: They've moved to Facebook
Duane That's me...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Seeking regular backpacking/wilderness partners in the SF area for Yosemite and Sierras
August 23, 7:10pm

Re: Chouinard Pyramid in the wind
Awesome Matt!

In GEAR » Large pyramid tent in wind
August 22, 8:51pm

Re: Pot Packs
different hemp Dude.

In Editor's Roundtable » Canovaccio: Natural, Sustainable Pack Fabrics
August 22, 7:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Ken Thompson

Showing 1 - 5 of 5 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ULA Equipment
Ordered this pack early on a Thurs. morning PST. Shipped from ULA that afternoon. Custom CDT with no hip belt or ice axe/pole retention or any other options other than the pad and hydration sleeve. U...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
September 29, 6:35pm

Lost Valley Hammocks Arkansas
Know your reviewer.

July 13, 7:45am

Hilleberg Unna
I too have just joined the ranks of Hilleberg carriers. I bought an Unna for myself and my sometime canine companion. Heavy compared to what a lot carry here sure. I slept like a rock in 60mph gusts ...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
May 12, 2:15pm

Osprey Hornet 46
Moved this here from the Lifer's only forum. Here is what I thought Review for Osprey Hornet 46. Tester info. Ken Thompson 43 years old Living/hiking in far northern CA. 6'3" 210...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
August 24, 6:52am

Bareboxer.com Golf City Products Barebox
Overall I am happy with it. I do not like the over built and heavy locking mechanism on the lid. Something more akin to the Garcia Machine type would be more than adequate. Other than that it perform...

August 08, 6:44am