BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 561 - 570 of 610 | Page: 1 ...42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61

Forum » Thread

windshirts
I'd also consider a windshirt one of my favorite layers. I made a hooded one from M90 with a liberty ridge pattern and love it. Cheap, easy project with a final weight under 2.5 oz. I find i...

In GEAR » Windshirts and warmth
April 13, 9:45pm

hose length
My experience has been that having longer hose above the filter improves flow rate but hose length below the filter does not. When I use a gravity filter I only have a couple inches of tubing belo...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gravity filter/ hose length
April 12, 10:48pm

"A new pack - I know what I want, but don't know what to get."
Between the Gorilla, Ohm, and Prophet, the Gorilla will have the cooler back with some 3D mesh and the eggcrate CCF. I have a Gorilla and a MYOG pack made of Dyneema X and the Gorilla is a bit coo...

In GEAR » A new pack - I know what I want, but don't know what to get.
April 12, 9:28pm

gorilla straps
I'm pretty small (about the same as Tyler) and love the gorilla straps. I find them very comfortable. I think it has to do more with body/shoulder/neck shape than large or skinny or whatever.

In GEAR » A new pack - I know what I want, but don't know what to get.
April 12, 1:24pm

mesh
The 3d mesh does have some stretch and is relatively heavy (not sure the exact weight), but it's awesome for shoulder straps and hipbelts. I've tried using mesh in the 2 oz range for packs...

In Make Your Own Gear » lightest mesh for backpacks?
April 12, 9:59am

Merino 1
Is the merino 1 any cooler than pure merino? I have some 150 merino and love it but it's a little hot in warm weather. I'm wondering if the Merino/syn blend could be the best of both worl...

In GEAR » I need a new baselayer
April 09, 5:11pm

Re: Bairdarkas
yeah he did an Aleut paddle as well. I've taken out a couple times on lakes but nothing too serious. I'd love to build one sometime though and do more with it.

In Make Your Own Gear » actual cuben tent test
April 07, 5:38pm

Bairdarkas
My dad built a bairdaka with Corey a couple years ago. Unbelievably cool boat. I hung out for a couple days that they were working on them (assume you're doing yours at the center for wooden ...

In Make Your Own Gear » actual cuben tent test
April 07, 5:12pm

Tips on constructing a Sawyer filter and platypus gravity water filtration system.
replacing the tubing with some 1/32" wall tubing saves quite a bit of weight and is a lot more flexible than the stock platy tubing. http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23093

In Make Your Own Gear » Tips on constructing a Sawyer filter and platypus gravity water filtration system.
April 06, 10:13pm

how much hysol for a tarp?
a little off topic, but in the interest of not starting a new thread, if I decide to use Hysol U-09lv rather than tape, how much hysol should I order for an 8x10 tarp?

In Make Your Own Gear » cuben (vs grosgrain) tarp tieouts?
April 03, 6:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.