Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7563 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...757

Forum » Thread

Hiking poncho
A poncho built for hiking should have an adjustable panel on the rear that can be let out for lengthening to accommodate your pack and tucked away when being used without a pack. The GoLite poncho ...

In GEAR » A new cape/poncho
August 26, 8:39am

Re: Re: Re: +1 on Consumerism
DW wrote: "About 15 years ago I was up Mt. Bogong with a big load (think 110 l Lowe Alpine pack, 2 kg synthetic sleeping bag etc) and some kid demanded to check my pack because I was on my own...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has lightweight packing really caught on?
August 25, 11:29pm

Small saws
I use it for sawing small things. I see it as a survival tool, to cut branches and saplings for shelter building and I don't use it much at all--- it's there if I need it. You could baton w...

In GEAR » Knife w/ Just blade and saw
August 25, 10:46pm

Re: Dream Swiss Army
The make the one-handed trekker with a plain blade. I have one :) I too would like the scissors. They made a large frame knife with scissors, saw and locking blade, but the model name escapes me...

August 25, 10:13pm

Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Mens Large Black SOLD
Sold! Thanks. I have a Houdini windshirt in mens large size, black color, with the University of Washington rowing team crest embroidered on the right chest. This is the original Houdini with a sm...

In Gear Swap » Patagonia Houdini Windshirt Mens Large Black
August 25, 10:00pm

Small radios
Sony SRF-S84 for AM/FM broadcasts. Incredible sensitivity for a small radio. 2.1oz County Comm GP4L for am/fm/sw with a speaker and an LED flashlight to boot. http://www.countycomm.com/...

In GEAR » Ultralight Radios
August 25, 9:31pm

Knife w/ Just blade and saw
+1 on Swiss Bianco. He's doing cool things with Swiss Army knives. Wenger makes one with blade and saw only, but it is big and relatively heavy at 4oz., the Century with saw: http://www.weng...

August 25, 9:30am

Has lightweight packing really caught on?
Is this the fringe? You bet your titanium chopsticks it is. Anyone who has done a gear list has seen how easy it is to have base weight get away from you. It's pretty easy to nail the Big Th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Has lightweight packing really caught on?
August 24, 9:42am

Add pad, keep stay
I think the stay should help stabilize the shape of the pack as well as transfer the load to the hip belt. I would leave it in. It certainly won't hurt to experiment. Without that pad in pl...

In GEAR » Pack fit: slowly slides down back
August 23, 12:37am

Re: Good insulating layer?
Good, inexpensive insulation is a challenge. For camp use you could get away with a lot of less expensive stuff for this season. Haunt the closeouts on 6pm.com, Sierra Trading Post, REI Outlet, ...

In GEAR » Good insulating layer?
August 22, 10:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.