Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7878 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...788

Forum » Thread

Radios
I have looked at a lot of hand-crank radios and have yet to see one that wasn't a toy. I would be happy to hear otherwise. IMHO, you might as well have a battery powered radio and carry spares,...

In GEAR » Best emergency radio (for home and car camping)
November 24, 8:34pm

Re: Gear Swap - Golite
I saw Mike out on Highway 119 today....

In Gear Swap » Gear Swap - Golite
November 23, 11:35pm

Re: Re: Weigh your buckles!
Buckles? BUCKLES? We don't need no STINKING BUCKLES!!! When you start swapping out drawstrings for lighter ones, you know you are an ultalighter.

In Gear Lists » First time I ever weighed my gear!
November 23, 7:00pm

Re: thinner version ?
Mike Clelland reviewed the MEC bivy pad, which is 5mm. Looks like is about the same weight-- 150cm x 50cm and 175g vs mine at 170cm x 50cm and 220g. R-value is 0.66 for the MEC yellow 5mm pad. I...

In Make Your Own Gear » What kind of foam is this?
November 23, 5:19pm

What kind of foam is this?
I got a big roll of this blue foam, but I don't know what type it is--- I think it is EVA. It is closed cell, with a "skin" on the surface, 3/16" (5mm) thick, and a piece that is...

In Make Your Own Gear » What kind of foam is this?
November 23, 2:56pm

Re: First time I ever weighed my gear!
Gram Weenies, not nerds. It would be interesting to hear about your clothing layers and get your Northern/arctic view.

In Gear Lists » First time I ever weighed my gear!
November 23, 1:07pm

Summer mid-layer
I went with a Power Stretch vest for adding a little more insulation. It is full zip, so I can alter the ventilation. Weight is about 8oz/226g. Works great with a windshirt and other layering. It p...

In GEAR » Powerdry/Powerstretch Pullover/Jacket for summer use
November 23, 9:59am

Re: Is it LEGAL to re-sell gear for profit?
If you go at it like a business, you are probably stretching the intent of the Gear Swap forum. My understanding of this forum is for people to buy and sell their personal gear. It doesn't both...

In Gear Swap » Is it LEGAL to re-sell gear for profit?
November 22, 10:47am

Boycott GoLite Products!!!
Seeing that GoLite wants to use such intimidation tactics, I suggest we boycott GoLite products. Mike Wedding needs to get a job in advertising--- shaking a mattress store sign on the street corner.

In Gear Swap » Golite Pinnacle Pack
November 19, 6:52am

Re: Does lightweight philosophy interfere with joining group trips?
Piper, Why care what others think? If you don't put them down, they certainly shouldn't stick their nose in your business. The goal should be to enjoy the fresh air and exercise together...

In Philosophy & Technique » Does lightweight philosophy interfere with joining group trips?
November 19, 12:10am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.