Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7597 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...760

Forum » Thread

Pad carry options
Ditto on a small inflatable pad with a frameless pack-- folded with a little air and placed up against my back. With a closed cell foam pad, the roll and stuff method works well, providing form ...

In GEAR » photos of your sleeping pad(s) with backpack?
September 10, 7:47am

Walmart-- why bother
There are so many political issues with Walmart that no one should even walk into one. Talk about the Evil Empire! I don't know why someone on a tight budget would bother with a cheap bladde...

In GEAR » Walmart hydration bladder
September 10, 7:34am

Re: I don't like hiking
I love walking--- it's just those steep uphill parts. If North Dakota had timbered wilderness, well there would be a deal :) It is my goal to retire and become a North Dakota landscape paint...

In Chaff » I don't like hiking.
September 09, 11:02pm

Adding clothing to you sleep system
I just happened to read something in Andrew Skurka's "Backpacking Advice" article on his web site: http://www.andrewskurka.com/advice/recommendations/sleepingbags.php "Forg...

In GEAR » Sleep system - how low can I go?
September 09, 2:29am

Re: Re: UL sling chair?
Douglas wrote: "Arrowhead Equipment has a Bushman Hammock Chair, much like you're describing." Much the same end that I had in mind, but a very different approach. I had a very dif...

In GEAR » Anyone using a camp chair?
September 08, 10:36pm

Mugging
The REI insulated mug is the same as the one Aladdin makes and runs about 5oz and hols 12oz. I cut the handle off one, more to save room than weight. Having a lid is nice to keep the bugs and conif...

In GEAR » Lightweight Mug for Cheap???
September 08, 10:10pm

Keep it simple
You could start with a simple tarp, camping in your back yard (or a friend's), learning to pitch it and testing the waters without a big investment and gaining skills-- and it is UL too. You ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How to I find a good tent/gear?
September 08, 9:41pm

UL sling chair?
I saw this odd sling arrangment that a guy made for an UL latrine, which was like a hammock with an opening. It hung from two trees to support the ummm operator and weighed 6.9 ounces. Found it:...

In GEAR » Anyone using a camp chair?
September 08, 2:19pm

Wild Things Half Bag
Bump! SOLD: Wild Things Half Bag.

In Gear Swap » FS/trade: EB down sweater, vest, Leki poles, synthetic bags
September 08, 2:05pm

Re: Best alternative to down jacket?
The Mont Bell Thermawrap and Patagonia Nano Puff have a thin layer of polyester fill and hover around 283-311g (10-11oz) The Patagonia Micro Puff vests and jackets are another step up in loft (a...

In GEAR » Best alternative to down jacket?
September 08, 8:38am

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.