Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 8046 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...805

Forum » Thread

Re: wood
Look for door skins, with exterior glue.

In Make Your Own Gear » frame sheet for Golite Pinnacle (or Jam)
January 22, 12:43pm

Re: suggestions for mid layer bottoms
Look at Power Stretch for insulation. I think the Sahara pants are too breathable---soft shell pants rock for cold weather hiking. I'll bet the soft shells plus the Cap1 or Cap2 will have you t...

In GEAR » suggestions for mid layer bottoms
January 22, 12:40pm

A dirty little secret about poly tarps--- they are light and {{{cheap}}}
I'm no stranger to poly tarps, but I never got around to buying one of the super cheap (and light) ones. I got a 6x8 that is green on one side and brown on the other for $3.99 and it weighs 15o...

In GEAR » A dirty little secret about poly tarps--- they are light and {{{cheap}}}
January 22, 1:27am

Re: I'd love them!
"Sherpa Sherpa!" **Sold** and PM sent.

In Gear Swap » Sherpa Adventure Gear Kala Pathar Softshell Pants, Men's Large Dark Gray
January 22, 12:55am

Re: Everclear Uses
Shakespeare wrote in MacBeth: "Wine provoketh three things: laughter, lechery.... and urine!" You left out: aphrodisiac :)

In Multiple Use Gear » Everclear Uses
January 22, 12:23am

Re: these are great!
You will need to experiment, but a couple seconds should be more than enough to light the tent. The stars will revolve around the North Star, IIRC Check this site out--- the guy gives some start...

In Photography » Good books on nature photography
January 22, 12:08am

Sherpa Adventure Gear Kala Pathar Softshell Pants **SOLD**
**SOLD** FS: Sherpa Adventure Gear Kala Pathar softshell pants, men's large, dark gray. In very good condition, showing moderate use. I would rate them 8.5 out of 10 --- no rips/tears/stains...

In Gear Swap » Sherpa Adventure Gear Kala Pathar Softshell Pants, Men's Large Dark Gray
January 21, 3:29pm

Re: rain gear
Doug, I can't PM you and I don't know what item you are referring to. Please PM me and leave your email address or set up your PM.

In Gear Swap » Closet cleanout: Men's Large and XL CLothing
January 21, 12:14pm

Re: canister
Safely? It holds 550ml(18oz) full to the brim. Most packaged dinners use 2 cups/16oz water, so you have a little extra room. It will hold a Snow Peak 110g cartridge and my Coleman F-1 stove with th...

In Gear Swap » Brasslite 550 Ti Pot and Caldera Cone
January 21, 12:44am

Re: esbit?
The designers of the Caldera Cone offer a small titanium holder to use Esbit fuel. You could use a small cat food can and get close to the same. It is not included with my offer. http://www.tra...

In Gear Swap » Brasslite 550 Ti Pot and Caldera Cone
January 20, 11:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.