Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7658 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...766

Forum » Thread

Tent poles
http://www.polesforyou.com/index.htm

In GEAR » Replacement Poles for a Eureka Tent
September 26, 12:09pm

Best sloppy weather pants?
I'm looking at some coastal and lowland trips in cold wet weather. One of my favorite pants combinations is a pair of breathable rain pants (Marmot Precip, etc) and a pair of silkweight long jo...

In GEAR » Best sloppy weather pants?
September 26, 11:44am

Re: Sea to Summit silk rectangular bag liner SOLD
Sold! Nothing like a good bump ;) Bump time! Price lowered to $25.

In Gear Swap » Sea to Summit silk rectangular bag liner
September 26, 10:20am

REI Zip 1200ci pack
I just got back from my favorite thrift store where I found an REI Zip backpack. REI lists it as a travel pack as it self stows in the lid. It's a simple rucksack with a lid that has a zippered...

In GEAR » packs:28oz at 1200cuin vs 2000+cuin
September 25, 6:23pm

Re: My Fall 2010 overnight trip list
Good start! You can work on clothing options and pack in the future. The rest of your list looks pretty good. Let us know how the tarp works--- photos please! I was looking at the Hilleberg tarp...

In Gear Lists » My Fall 2010 overnight trip list
September 24, 8:25pm

Re: Re: 6pm.com
I got a Patagonia Nano Puff from 6PM and the transaction was great. Kind of like Sierra Trading Post--- not all colors and sizes, but when the deal is on.... :)

In Gear Deals » Marmot Precip Jacket $32
September 24, 9:07am

Re: UL way to create more foot warmth in bag?
I think that drawstring is to shorten the bag; otherwise, you compress the insulation and make things colder yet. If you are prone to cold feet, down socks are a great way to go. Some booties get t...

In GEAR » UL way to creat more foot warmth in bag?
September 24, 9:04am

More info on Arctic Zone bottle
Main body: 2.5oz/75g Cap: 0.5oz/15g Seems to me the utility is worth the weight on that cap!

In GEAR » Another wide mouth bottle
September 24, 8:05am

Re: Traveling light in civilization
Rick Steves has some good techniques on traveling light--- nothing as radical as UL hiking. I like the "threes" method for clothing-- one to wear, one clean, one dirty. Works good for...

In Gear Lists » Traveling light in civilization
September 24, 1:26am

Wide mouth bottles
Adam, There has been an ongoing examination of wide mouth bottles to use with Steripen UV sterilizers. I should have mentioned that. Of course the Gatorade bottle is lighter, as is a one lit...

In GEAR » Another wide mouth bottle
September 23, 11:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.