BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7169 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...717

Forum » Thread

Tents
Tunnel designs are fairly simple and can be good in windy conditions. They do need a taut setup and the inner walls can droop. For coastal conditions in the Pacific Northwest, I prefer a good s...

In GEAR » Tents?
February 01, 3:23pm

Poor man's vapor barrier
Got a garbage bag? [grin] Seriously, check AntiGravityGear.com: http://www.antigravitygear.com/proddetail.php?prod=AGRNJKT&cat=75

In GEAR » Silnylon Rain Jacket?
February 01, 3:12pm

Withdrawn by seller
Withdrawn by seller

In Gear Swap » FS: Osprey Stratos 24 Medium
January 31, 7:48pm

Flasks in public
Yeah, I was drinking out of it while driving home and decided that a cop might get the wrong idea. "It's (hic) jes a lil' water, Ociber (hic)"

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Flask-shaped recycled water bottle
January 31, 7:40pm

Flask-shaped recycled water bottle
I was wandering around a local grocery store and stumbled across drinking water in a 500ml flask-shaped bottle from Liquid Salvation (http://www.liquidsalvation.com). 1.4oz/40g and $0.69 each!

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Flask-shaped recycled water bottle
January 31, 5:34pm

A boot by any other name....
Wouldn't smell sweet either :) First of all, what is a boot? I would say a shoe more than ankle height. Doesn't say much, eh? As to ankle support, IMHO, a boot needs to be 8" tal...

In GEAR » At what pack weight would you wear boots?
January 30, 11:31am

Spyderco Sharpmaker
Ditto on the Spyderco Sharpmaker. You can sharpen everything in the house in short order, serrated and plain, and it does scissors very well. Ultimately, any simple fine sharpening stone will t...

In GEAR » knife sharpening input needed
January 29, 12:25am

Panting
REI Sahara convertibles. I see that they are making a version with a full side zipper on the lower section so they don't need to go over your boots. Outdoor Research Equinox convertible. If ...

In GEAR » Hiking Pants
January 25, 9:15am

95% Ethanol
Interesting! I've been leery of US made denatured alcohol that contains large percentages of methanol. 5% wouldn't concern me as much, but 45-50% is significant. I've had enough chemica...

In GEAR » Laboratory Grade Ethanol
January 25, 2:50am

GoLite Breeze substitute
A while back, I bought a Mont Bell Balance Light 40 at a good price and hadn't used it. It is a well made pack with lots of bells and whistles and not too heavy out of the box--- 36oz. It was d...

In Gear Swap » WTB GoLite Breeze
January 24, 12:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.