BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7392 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...740

Forum » Thread

Re: deaf in one ear
Me too. There is a company selling one-ear headphones with both channels active in one ear: http://www.scansound.com/1-Bud.htm. The cheaper ones are junk-- don't bother. I have clipped the r...

In Multiple Use Gear » SanDisk Sansa Clip
June 10, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Small AM/FM and FM Radios
Please search the Gear forums for several informative threads on small radios. This is a swap/sale forum, IIRC. I found: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_th...

In Gear Swap » Small AM/FM and FM Radios
June 09, 2:31pm

Convertibles
I use an Eagle Creek convertible that works well and has a full suspension. It is *not* ultralight, but is bombproof. Rick Steves offers a similar bag that is 2500ci and about 3lbs (http://www.ebag...

In GEAR » France for 10 days- question about packing
June 09, 9:37am

Small AM/FM and FM Radios
None of the radios offered have speakers-- all require headphones with standard 3.5mm/1/8" plugs (not included).

June 09, 8:39am

Small AM/FM and FM Radios
I have worked my radios down to a couple favorites and I'm selling off the rest of my collection. These are great little radios for hiking, travel, or emergency kits. All are in good workin...

June 09, 1:01am

Keen, si!
I have Chacos and I think they make an excellent product, but I live in my Keen Newports. IF I ever manage to wear them out, I will replace them with the H2 model that has synthetic webbing rather ...

In GEAR » best sandal for urban distance walking?
June 07, 8:58am

Umbrellas
Compactness, durability and color were the issues for me. Shed Rain makes some very compact and light models (I don't recall the weight). I'll try to dig mine out and get it on the scale. ...

In GEAR » umbrella hunting
June 07, 8:35am

Re: Sony SRF-S84 A+
Ditto on the SRF-S84. Comes in at 2.1oz with battery and earbud headphones. It is not as small as I imagined from the photos-- not that it is "big" in any stretch of the imagination: 3-1/...

In GEAR » lightweight am/fm radio
June 03, 6:28pm

Knives, compasses, tools: remaining items
Remaining items in this lot. Email dwambaugh at yahoo dot com. Please contact before payment and please do not use the "personal" PayPal option-- it limits shipping options for me. ...

In Gear Swap » Knives, compasses, tools, etc
June 03, 6:06pm

Knives, compasses, tools SOLD
All sold, thanks!

In Gear Swap » Knives, compasses, tools, etc
June 03, 12:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.