BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7530 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...753

Forum » Thread

Rubber bands!
Rubber bands cut from inner tubes make for good traction and are easily removed for bear duty. You can slip pack straps under and around. Adds about .5oz each. I need to come up with a booby tr...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bear Canisters
August 11, 2:27pm

100w fleece vest
I've considered 100w fleece (the Arc Teryx Breva is micro grid 100w), but comparing apples and apples-- long sleeve 1/4 zip tops, the 100w only saves an ounce or so off the Power Stretch. Never...

In GEAR » Favorite Mid-Layer?
August 11, 9:18am

Lafuma bags
I just don't see Lafuma as a high performance manufacturer. Their best attribute is price, and you get what you pay for. I tried one of the 600 series poly fill bags and didn't care for it ...

In GEAR » Lafuma?
August 11, 9:01am

Re: Re: Favorite Mid-Layer?
Art wrote: "depends on what you define as a mid layer. I tend to use Patagonia Cap 3 as a mid layer. If you call Cap 4 a mid layer, my Patagonia Nano Puff is lighter weight than my Cap 4...

August 11, 8:41am

Favorite Mid-Layer?
I find mid-layer clothing to be the hardest to get good performance/weight ratios on. What is your favorite? So far, Power Stretch is the best I've found and about 10oz for a LS top.

August 10, 9:30am

Lights
Mammut Lucido T1 headlamp 3x AAA batteries 2.5oz with batteries Three switchable LED's, 80/52/39 hour life Switch lock http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/232000090_v_0001/Lucido+T1.html...

In GEAR » What's your lightweight illumination solution?
August 09, 11:29pm

Re: Bauer Weights?
My EB First Ascent down sweater in XL size is 13.8oz. The vest was listed as 8oz (who knows what size). Mine arrived today and came in at 9.7oz for an XL size. Fit is snugger than the jacket, b...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Down Vest or Jacket in XL or 2XL
August 09, 9:01pm

Re: QUIT REMOVING THE PRICES!!!!
It is a common custom on "for sale" forums. Keep in mind that the actual selling price is not always reflected in the post-- the buyer and seller could have made all kinds of arrangements...

In Gear Swap » FS: Marmot Mica
August 09, 8:56pm

Re: Re: sooty pots no more
I'll bet it isn't good for Mother Nature!

In GEAR » sooty pots no more
August 09, 2:47pm

RE: Wish List - One item Only
Ditto on a high end sleeping bag. Insulation is the biggest ticket on my gear list. Don't forget your insurance and taxes!

In GEAR » Wish List - One item Only
August 09, 2:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.