BPL Community Profile

Dale Wambaugh (dwambaugh) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Native Seattlite, hiking and biking in the woods since I was a kid. Returned to backpacking a couple years ago and discovered the pleasures ultralight hiking-- it appeals to my gadgeteering nature and my aging body parts :)
CitySeattle
StateWashington
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListGeneric Ultralight Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dale Wambaugh

Showing 5591 - 5600 of 7473 | Page: 1 ...551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 ...748

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Neck Knife Conundrum
None of the knives listed is close to "honkin'". The Bark River has a broad flat blade, but we're talkin' paring knife for length-- same as a 111mm frame Swiss Army knife. ...

In GEAR » Neck Knife Conundrum
July 13, 10:48pm

Cheap waterproof containers
I wouldn't trust them for total immersion, but for rain-soaked packs and such, lock & lock containers are great. Good for dust and bumps too. http://www.organize.com/locknlockrec.html ...

In GEAR » UL Point and Shoot Camera Protection
July 13, 10:18pm

Re: foretrex
Yup, I was researching the 301 this morning. It's still more of a novelty. If you have a map and pay just a bit of attention, it's not hard to navigate. Identifying locations for photos and...

In GEAR » 1.4oz $70 GPS?
July 12, 7:58pm

Waterproof bags
I recall an article on BPL about silnylon dry bags, but couldn't find it. There are bags that are water resistant and will keep things dry in your relatively dry backpack, and then there ar...

In GEAR » Had some gear issues - Aloksak, Caldera-H
July 12, 9:44am

Re: 1.4oz $70 GPS? Oh well....
I'm surprised these things don't give a basic coordinate. Back to the drawing board.

In GEAR » 1.4oz $70 GPS?
July 12, 9:21am

Re: Re: 1.4oz $70 GPS?
I hear that. I was considering it more for a simple location fix: "you are here." If you have a map, you should know where you started from!

In GEAR » 1.4oz $70 GPS?
July 12, 12:50am

Essentials for day hikes.
If you are going to go wandering about in the woods, you should have enough gear with you to get through a night or two and handle a sudden change in weather. Time and time again I have seen people...

In GEAR » Gear Geek 10 Essentials
July 12, 12:47am

1.4oz $70 GPS?
I spotted an ad in the Sunday paper for an Ecco GPS Personal Pocket GPS Locator. 1.4oz, minimal features (stores 3 locations). I'm not a fan of depending on GPS over map and compass, but they c...

In GEAR » 1.4oz $70 GPS?
July 11, 11:44pm

Labeling mini dropper bottles
A Brother PT-65 label maker. $3.99 at Goodwill, with a full roll of tape :)

In GEAR » Labeling mini dropper bottles
July 09, 8:39pm

Thanks, Scott!
Your efforts are much appreciated, and my wife is happy(er) with the deep closet cleaning.

In Gear Swap » Mass bump: XL clothing, knives, radios, pack
July 09, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Dale Wambaugh

Dale Wambaugh has posted no reviews.