Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 551 - 560 of 589 | Page: 1 ...40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Gossamer gear firefly
David as you say YMMV Your experience with alcohol stoves reflects mine with Esbit IMHO wind is the biggest issue with alcohol stoves and I always look for (or make) a sheltered spot for my s...

In GEAR » Replacing My Jetboil W/ Alcohol
November 01, 3:45pm

Gossamer gear firefly
I have tried many of the alcohol stoves listed in this thread but continue to return to the Firefly sold by Gossamer Gear, 15 ml of alchol will easily boil 300 ml of water in around 6 minutes. I ...

In GEAR » Replacing My Jetboil W/ Alcohol
November 01, 2:03pm

Overnight in the Catskills, NY
Pack: GG G6 Stuff Sack: Big plastic bag Sleeping Bag: GG Sleeplight Sleeping Pad: BMW Torsolite Shelter: Gatewood Cape, (may take a BMW Vapr bivy sack if it is going to be very damp) Cook Kit:...

In Gear Lists » Gear List for a Simple Overnighter
October 30, 3:33pm

Possum Fur Beanie
Possum Fur Beanie is the best way to go, however, on a recent trip I used a Smartwool Hoody which worked well in conjunction with a windshirt.

In GEAR » Cold Weather Active Wear Headwear
October 29, 5:23pm

Gossamer Gear SpinnSolo
Sold Thanks Roger

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear SpinnSolo
October 25, 5:54pm

Gossamer Gear SpinnTwinn Tarp Sold
Sold

Thanks for looking 
Roger

In Gear Swap » Gossamer Gear SpinTwinn Tarp
October 09, 3:30pm

Pop up
As Harry has already stated, and I have experienced (not with a TT), if the tent can "pop back up" when the gust subsides, and the fabric is still in one piece then this is indicative of a good ten...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow in the Wind
October 06, 7:32pm

Re: Re: New SMD Shelters
Go to the SMD site and then look at the WickedLite series (on the left) and you will see Wild Oasis as a link

In GEAR » New SMD shelters
September 28, 4:57pm

Re: Re: How to Fill a Platypus?
Then again as you know, the Platypus is protected (by law) and thus bread cubes and olive oil are not an option.

In GEAR » How to Fill a Platypus?
September 18, 5:20pm

Maybe Nalgene
Maybe a Wide-Mouth CANTENE (available at BPL) and a Nalgene Wide-Mouth Tubing Accessory (available from Nalgene) is a better option, it is certianly what I prefer to use.

In GEAR » How to Fill a Platypus?
September 17, 4:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm