BPL Community Profile

John Whynot (jdw01776) - BPL Guest

My Locale Southeast Texas
About Me Hiking and backpacking (on and off) since 1976, mainly in the northeastern United States.
CityHouston
StateTX
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Whynot

Showing 551 - 557 of 557 | Page: 1 ...37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Forum » Thread

Dancing Light Gear
I don't think they sell gear from their website anymore, but Brawny sells some of her products here on BPL.

In GEAR » Dancing Light Gear
November 02, 8:16pm

Re: Winter Hiking, Snow shoeing and Peak bagging Adirondacks
Dan: It's been 25+ years since I winter backpacked in the Adirondacks, but I would suggest the ADK Winter Mountaineering School (http://www.winterschool.org). While they don't teach ultr...

In GEAR » Winter Hiking, Snow shoeing and Peak bagging Adirondacks
September 03, 9:20pm

Re: Re: WM bags discount
I purchased a Summerlite from http://www.travelcountry.com early this year. The price was good, and shipping was included in the price.

In GEAR » Where to buy Western Mountaineering
September 02, 7:36pm

Re: Re: Re: re: Pitching Gatewood Cape
Forgot to add to my message above that I had no problem pitching my Lunar Solo at Liberty Springs in NH last year. I have 8, 5 foot lengths of Kelty Triptease to use, and only needed a few lengths....

In Philosophy & Technique » Pitching Gatewood Cape
August 25, 9:15pm

Re: Re: re: Pitching Gatewood Cape
If you stay at a designated campsite in the White Mtns of NH that has tent platforms, you have to set up your tent/tarp on the platforms. Some of the campsites have overflow areas that are bare dir...

In Philosophy & Technique » Pitching Gatewood Cape
August 25, 8:49pm

Re: Could lemon eucalyptus bug repellent attract bears?
I recall watching a recent National Geographic program on black bear research in New Hampshire. One of the camera crews was a husband/wife team - one did the sound, the other ran the camera. In one...

In GEAR » Could lemon eucalyptus bug repellent attract bears?
August 04, 8:41pm

The North Face Sucks
You may not like the quality of North Face clothing and equipment, but they are owned by VF Corporation, which has nothing to do with Vanity Fair magazine. VF Corporation also owns JanSport, Eas...

In GEAR » The North Face sucks
June 13, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by John Whynot

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

StickPic camera mount
A clever, well-engineered, and lightweight (0.35 ounces by my scale) gadget for mounting a camera on the tip of a trekking pole. Should work with any compact camera with a tripod socket. Works ver...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
June 16, 10:55am

BPL Thorofare Trekking Pants
I purchased these as a replacement for my overbuilt Montbell Stretch Windpants. The fabric of the Trekking pants is a microgrid ripstop nylon, with a slightly textured inner surface. Size medium...

In Clothing - Raingear
December 07, 8:31pm