BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 824 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...83

Forum » Thread

Grylls
...for your amusement http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6551577/man-vs-wild-rpg

In Chaff » All that you can leave behind
July 13, 1:42pm

trip friends
"Luckly it morphed into a core group of four with others coming in and out. we eventually dropped the pretense of the internet group and would do our own thing." Think that is what h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Meetup" trips - warning
July 13, 8:40am

"Organized groups"
Back in the day, I used to be an active organizer in a similar grass-roots type group here in Boulder. (That, appropriately enough, has since transitioned to meet up) Like Meet Up, we did not h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Meetup" trips - warning
July 11, 11:18pm

Post-Trail
"I wonder if through-hiking creates "trail bums", as with surfing or skiing, looking for that peak experience, over and over again (no pun intended). I don't know how through-hik...

In Editor's Roundtable » Map and Compass: A City-girl Walks Western Wilderness
July 11, 11:44am

Ptarmigan Wilderness Figure 8
Wanting a quicker overnighter away from the heat I went backpacking in the Ptarmigan Wilderness outside of Silverthorne, CO   Some trips are done for distance and exploring new places neve...

In Post-Trip Reports » Ptarmigan Wilderness Figure 8
July 03, 4:49pm

short or long...
At 5'6", I've found myself in a similar predicament over the years. I think it is good to have a couple of extra inches in the bag as a bag exactly 66" is very constraining. (...

In GEAR » Regular or Short length?
July 03, 11:22am

Solo
From a personal perspective, I need solo trips. I love time spent with friends in the outdoors. In fact, the basis of some of my closest friendships were formed from shared experiences in the ou...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » how many of you do solo trips?
June 30, 7:32pm

Backpackng: The Next Generation
A Father's Day weekend trip where my buddy Josh and I took Avery for his first backpacking trip. There are certain friends who help shape, influence and become part of your life over years. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpackng: The Next Generation
June 30, 7:10pm

Interesting article....
Read this for an interesting historical perspective on wildfires and why (partially) we are in the situation we are in today: http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Policy/Fire/FamousFires/1910Fires....

In Chaff » Saddened by the Wildfires
June 28, 8:30am

Baccala
"How did she prepare the baccala? I'm assuming here that you're referring to salt dried cod? Yummy stuff, IME." It is indeed salt cod. I never did get her recipe for baccala, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Clif Bar Panforte Review
June 24, 5:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.