Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 932 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...94

Forum » Thread

1980s
In the 1980s the only pack I was carrying was what had my GI Joe toys and Transformers. :) In the 1990s, I was more about chrome rims on my Mustang with faint smell of Darkkar Noir permeating th...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 9:24pm

From XKCD...
On a more serious note, you may want to start FROM the south and head north if doing the AT. Gonna be a hard to trail to live off the land on the heavily populated East Coast, however. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » The begining of the rest of my life.
February 18, 7:45pm

lightweight history
In the classic two volume set Rodale set of AT books, one of the early thru-hikers had a 16 base pack weight with a white gas stove, a knife and other "heavy" gear. This was about 1965. ...

In GEAR » Which cannonballs should I be looking at?
February 18, 5:31pm

Outdoors with the wife
Ah, but I do enjoy separate trips. I went to Utah this thanksgiving and spent a week in the wind river range solo this past summer. But we met on an outdoor trip and continue to enjoy each other&#...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 09, 2:53pm

Backpacking with Mrs Mags
First, car camping with Mrs Mags is easy. We have a whole bunch of equipment and have it dialed-in. We have comfortably car camped in winter conditions, enjoy the solitude and see things that are...

In GEAR » Camping with partner?
February 09, 12:40pm

It is a system
I find that while the details may change, many experienced winter outdoors people use similar methods. Mainly the combo of base liner glove with shell mitten over that. For colder conditions, a th...

In GEAR » Gloves??
February 05, 7:27pm

jousting
I'm barely allowed in Boulder only because I am an outdoors person. ;) 1. Think Veganism is the Catholicism of eating - i.e. Makes you feel guilty about enjoying something 2. While I love...

In Gear Lists » Colorado Trail 2013 -- Tentative List
January 22, 1:45pm

Dirt bagger Yak Traxx
Probably best for light hiking, but still interesting. http://www.instructables.com/id/Ice-hiking-with-homemade-shoe-ice-chains/?ALLSTEPS

In Make Your Own Gear » Dirt bagger Yak Traxx
January 21, 9:24pm

Will podcast for beer! :)
Love it... Give us a shout as you get closer. You never know. ;)

In On the Web » The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
January 21, 1:17pm

The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
The Trail Show #8 - The Long Trail Happy New Year! Today we bring you Episode #8 - Our first show of 2013. On this month's episode we discuss Mags' recent trip to Chaco Canyon, D-low&...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #8- The Long Trail
January 21, 12:05am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.