BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 816 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...82

Forum » Thread

Interesting article....
Read this for an interesting historical perspective on wildfires and why (partially) we are in the situation we are in today: http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/Policy/Fire/FamousFires/1910Fires....

In Chaff » Saddened by the Wildfires
June 28, 8:30am

Baccala
"How did she prepare the baccala? I'm assuming here that you're referring to salt dried cod? Yummy stuff, IME." It is indeed salt cod. I never did get her recipe for baccala, ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Clif Bar Panforte Review
June 24, 5:22pm

Sorry, did not realize the e-mail addie was filtered out

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Segment 12 Downfall Clearing - ENERGETIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
June 22, 8:43pm

Segment 12 Downfall Clearing - ENERGETIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
From the Colorado Trail Foundation. I'll be on the July 4th day if you want to know what day to AVOID. ;) This project is to clear out the massive amount of blowdowns currently causin...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Segment 12 Downfall Clearing - ENERGETIC VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
June 22, 3:29pm

Alternate to the AT
The Benton Mackaye Trail also a great wat to see the southern Appalachians a bit more off the beaten path. Starts at Springer Mtn and ends up at the end of the Smokeys (used to be Davenport Gap b...

In Chaff » Trail Magic definition... diluted?
June 22, 11:47am

Panforte
Grandma Magnanti made a version of panforte every Christmas Eve that was a little less sweet than the version linked. (As with many southern Italian desserts vs their northern Italian counterpart...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Clif Bar Panforte Review
June 22, 8:52am

Looks like an aid station....
If you've ever done an organized race, those tents with all the food look like an aid station. :O Think the whole hiker feed phenom is that it is a way for people to become part of this 20...

June 22, 8:20am

Real trail magic...
The trail itself it my opinion. :) Not coolers, burgers or beers....though I've been known to enjoy them on occasion! :D

June 21, 11:22am

Hardly any snow
I did the nearby Mt. Audubon yesterday after work and I was amazed how little snow there was for this time of the year. No need for any special equipment. Enjoy the wildflowers while you can; t...

In GEAR » Sleeping system for the Indian Peak Colorado
June 21, 8:00am

Go cold..
Good time to learn the joy of cold cous cous, dehydrated black beans, wraps with tuna and cheese and cold Starbucks Via if you have are a caffeine fiend like me. :) With warm temps even in the...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Warning to CT hikers - Colorado under state wide fire ban
June 20, 11:18pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.