BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 725 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...73

Forum » Thread

In the backcountry
">>Most people don't start backpacking until their families have had a generation or two >>of non-physical work. If you work hard all week using your body - construction, >&...

In Chaff » Blacks with Packs?
February 07, 7:51am

The best....
Don't know if it is 'the best', but I've been using one form or another of a $10 surplus boonie-style hat for well over a decade. Using a cotton-nylon blend, the hat repels light r...

In GEAR » a good sun hat?
February 06, 7:52am

Coldest Temperature
A very cold shoulder from Adrianna when the Northeast Snark I grew up with raised its ugly head. Some comment was invariably made more suited for the guys back home than for the more subtle charm...

In Winter Hiking » coldest temperature you've experienced?
February 06, 7:38am

hiking in snow...
Is called "Snowshoeing" and I try to avoid it as much as possible. :) Maybe if I duct taped my skis to the trailrunners. WWMD? (What Would MacGyver Do?) Being serious, if you live...

In GEAR » owning only one pair of shoes?
January 27, 5:51pm

All seasons and situations?
At least for me, no. :) In my outdoor collection of shoes I have tele ski boots, Nordic (XC) ski boots, trail runners and climbing shoes. Throw in the leather boots I wear for trail work on oc...

In GEAR » owning only one pair of shoes?
January 27, 3:29pm

Down
My formative backpacking before moving to Colorado was all over New England (NH,VT, the Berkshires and even the nearby Catskills). This Easy Coast backpacking included two thru-hikes of Vermont...

In GEAR » Do you NEED a synthetic bag for hike the Appalachian trail?
January 24, 7:39pm

Ha!
Yes, I should post with my screen name. Paul Mags (or even Mags) would be sure to hide my real life identity of Paul Magnanti. :D If someone Google searched me, they would find I am outdoors. A...

In Chaff » Full name screen names...
January 24, 7:03pm

Roxborough Statepark
Lots of snow still in March. Bring skis or snowshoes. ;) If you want to hike, Roxborough State Park is nearby and offers some good early Spring hikes. Interesting Rock formations, cool little...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A few days in Denver to hike - where to go?
January 24, 12:43pm

I love winter...
Sorry..I love winter too much. Grab my skis, throw some Blue Extra on and off I go... :)

In Chaff » spring fevah?! who's got it?
January 24, 7:38am

Trail System
Don't know if there is a trail system per se, but you can definitely hike from Durango Ouray. I did my own loop starting and ending from Silverton by using the CT and CDT, cross country trav...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Durango, CO to Ouray, CO
January 23, 1:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.