BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 847 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...85

Forum » Thread

Patridge
Roasted with olive oil, infused with garlic, a few spices and seasonings and definitely some orange zest. If there are pears on said pear tree and you have some butter and brown sugar, you'...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 22, 11:13pm

The Gila
Try pinging Eugene Smith here on BPL. He backpacks in the Gila a fair amount. Not sure if he knows the area you speak of...but it can't hurt to ask.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Disappointment :-(
August 21, 7:44pm

Bunch o commies...
"Unless it is your wife then it's just plain smart or survival!" Indeed! When on trips with friends, we are all self contained. When I take Mrs. Mags...well, funny how my p...

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone Practice Trail Communism?
August 21, 7:43pm

Well said
Craig, That's a very insightful post. If we turn off the next generation to the outdoors because of something as preventable as carrying too much gear, where is the next generation of v...

In GEAR » Where are the lightweight backpackers? Not on the JMT...
August 20, 12:01pm

Leash Laws
From what I've seen, most dog owners think leash laws are optional. I hear "But it is harder to hike with my dog on a leash!" That may be so....but it is your choice to take your...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
August 16, 12:21pm

High and Lonesome Redux
A classic Colorado backpacking loop in the Indian Peaks Wilderness with d-low.   My buddy d-low is newly minted father.  Weekends are no longer strictly about the outdoors but also ab...

In Post-Trip Reports » High and Lonesome Redux
August 14, 6:13pm

Bear Spray
I did not take bear spray. Nor did I take it with me when Idid the CDT solo. I did not cook and sleep in the same place and did not use any popular camp sites. YMMV.

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Dreams
August 13, 12:05pm

Future warning sign! :D
A future warning sign for the ever increasing amount of plugged in backpackers and hikers.... ;-)

In Chaff » Future warning sign! :D
August 13, 9:55am

The Trail Show #3 - The GR11
"Episode #3! Today we bring you our third episode after our July hiatus. In Episode #3 we discuss the birth of Wee-low, Disco & P.O.D.'s trip to Spain to hike the GR11, the Pacific C...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #3 - The GR11
August 13, 7:19am

Mileage and gear...
Though I tend to go minimalist in my gear (varies and depends on trip), it really is never the focus for me. I look at gear as a tool and the means to an end, not the end itself. To use anoth...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wind River Dreams
August 12, 10:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.