BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 863 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...87

Forum » Thread

alchie stoves
I've used my alchie stove at ~13k feet in October here in Colorado as one relevant example. My meal was cooked and I was eating in a timely manner. The old-school white gas stoves were actu...

In GEAR » Alcohol stoves at high altitude
September 12, 7:28am

SPOT and PLB
To me the short hand description is that a SPOT is better for the family back home. Sending out "I'M OK" and being able to be tracked real time really gives people a piece of mind b...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 11, 10:33am

weight
Yeah, the ones w/o the side buttons are about 3-4 oz lighter. Find I use them more for car camping or just before a backpacking trip when I bivvied the night before. (In the morning, I slip them...

In GEAR » Low cost Puffy Pants
September 11, 8:27am

The teaser blurb...
I don't want to buy the jacket, but major props for the first sentences in the post. :)

In Gear Swap » GoLite Down Parka - Mens Medium - $90
September 10, 12:27pm

What Erik's dogs really look like
Eight dog names. Devilish. Hmmm.... Ah ha! You kidder you...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 07, 6:45pm

SHHH!!!!!!
"Eugene - definitely similar to the Pecos. It seems everyone has endless praise for CO, but no love for good ol' NM. Need to expose more people to the greatness that is the Pecos." ...

In Post-Trip Reports » 100 Miles on the Colorado Trail 6/8 - 6/14
September 07, 5:11pm

The Joys of Autumn
Something I wrote that people seem to like. Thought I'd share.... Some thoughts on my favorite time of the year to be outside: Autumn …Nature, who is superior to all style and ag...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Joys of Autumn
September 07, 8:04am

Dogs on leash
"As far as dogs on the trail... I always take mine with me, and they are almost always unleashed. That said...SNIP....My dogs are trail trained... when we see or hear people approaching I call...

In Philosophy & Technique » Is this just bad luck with aggressive dogs or is this normal?
September 06, 5:00pm

Trailside
Those were pretty cool. The two part Appalachian Trail one certainly helped to fuel my desire to do the AT. And, by extension, help put me on the path that my life has followed. The follow u...

In Chaff » Backpacker Magazine's "Trailside" Programs
September 06, 7:23am

m-65 pants
If you can find them, the 'long' version comes to aboute ankle length. I don't wear puffy pants often, but when i do, these dirt bagger specials work well. If I had more ambitio...

In GEAR » Low cost Puffy Pants
September 06, 7:19am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.