BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 897 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...90

Forum » Thread

AT vs PCT vs CDT
An AT hiker is walking along and sees cow dung on the AT. The AT hiker immediately whips out his cell phone and calls the ATC in an angry voice and wants to know why livestock is on The Holy Trai...

In Philosophy & Technique » PCT v.s. AT
November 29, 7:33am

Love me my boonie so much...
..I even wrote a 'review' of sorts. :) http://www.pmags.com/gear-review-the-boonie-hat

In GEAR » What hats do you use?
November 27, 11:44am

thanks
Thanks for all the kind words. I took my Pentax K-x DSLR with a 18-250mm 'superlens'. Works for me anyway... :)

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
November 27, 8:15am

cous cous
Cous cous also works well. Cooks quick (or can be eaten cold...just add water). Throw in cheese, sun dried tomato and some protein and you have a great quick and yummy meal.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Backing packing meals from Big box stores
November 27, 7:30am

Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
Coyote Gulch is a classic backpacking trip in the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument. Here is my  trip report of an ~28 mile loop I did there over Thanksgiving Weekend.   Ask...

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo in the Desert Pt 1 - Coyote Gulch
November 26, 11:55pm

Dorky sun hat
Look to the left. It works.. :)

In GEAR » What hats do you use?
November 19, 7:29pm

Sweet find
$5..heck, even if you don't take it backpacking, for that price it is good to have in the car (just in case) or even for car camping. As Eugene said, treat like any down jacket and you'...

In GEAR » Cotton lined down jacket - any good for backpacking?
November 19, 1:33pm

Less gear and more beer
THat's a good idea, we should explain on the air why we don't do gear reviews. I can't speak for my friends, but for me personally, there are enough gear review sites on the internet...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #6 - The Grand Enchantment Trail
November 19, 12:40pm

The Trail Show #6 - The Grand Enchantment Trail
Today we bring you Episode #6 - The Grand Enchantment Trail #6 is our Thanksgiving Show. On this episode we discuss a new segment of the CDT, the future of thru-hiking, running the Hardrock Tra...

In On the Web » The Trail Show #6 - The Grand Enchantment Trail
November 19, 7:41am

thru-hike
Go for the thru-hike. Time is a harder commodity to get as the years go on. You'll have money to buy the toys later. Trust me... As for bringing the wife, only if she is into backpackin...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Thru-Hike or Packraft?
November 18, 7:05pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.