BPL Community Profile

Paul Magnanti (PaulMags) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale People's Republic of Boulder
About Me I like to hike, backpack, camp and backcountry ski every so often...
CityBoulder
StateCO
My Website URLhttp://www.pmags.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Magnanti

Showing 551 - 560 of 801 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...81

Forum » Thread

Colorado to Montana
My fiancee' and I are seeing the writing on the wall with Colorado...it is indeed a great place. But getting way too crowded for our tastes (at least in the Front Range). Crowded trail heads,...

In Chaff » From Colorado to Montana
June 17, 8:50pm

Map and compass
Always have them. Tend to use a map more, but I always have the compass handy. Don't have a GPS. :)

In GEAR » Map & compass
June 15, 8:05am

Bring trail runners
A buddy and I did a short overnight climb [1] starting from Bear Lake last weekend and while there were patches of snow here and there, there wasn't enough to warrant more than approach shoes ...

In GEAR » Trail runners in snow at RMNP next week?
June 13, 8:50am

Brand Name Peaks
"Everest, Kilimanjaro, etc are brand names. People brag about a Rolex. Locally here, Mt San Antonio (Baldy), San Gorgonio, San Jacinto are the bad boy peaks. very close to each summit is a per...

In Chaff » Everest--for idiots?
June 10, 6:55pm

The Trail Show
What do four Triple Crowners do who are now married and/or have a kid on the way, about to get married and love beer do? They talk smack. They talk trail. And have a free form discussion that, i...

In Chaff » The Trail Show
June 05, 10:28pm

or you can hike? ;)
>>>But it's a good way to pass time on a snowy/rainy afternoon. On a clear day you can see REI from here. ;) (Looking down into Gregory Canyon) Being serious..dunno...

In Chaff » REI staff knowledge
June 04, 11:25am

Outdoor stores
Not sure I want to spend so much time in outdoor stores that the staff knows me by reputation...it means i am not spending enough time outdoors. :D

In Chaff » REI staff knowledge
June 04, 9:39am

BTW..when are you going?
There is still some remnants of snow esp in the north facing wooded areas. Not as bad as previous years, but just something to keep in mind. Also, the Brainard Lake gate is not open yet..not ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Indian Peaks Wilderness
June 03, 10:04pm

Two loops
Two classic loops come to mind. I'm going to be lazy and post links to my site. ;) The Pawnee-Buchanan Loop is always good: http://www.pmags.com/backpacking-loops-%E2%80%93-mags-favorite...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Indian Peaks Wilderness
June 03, 9:22pm

Trip Report
I just posted a trip report a few days back... :) It is here if you are curious: http://www.pmags.com/return-to-the-pecos-backpacking-in-the-land-of-enchantment Great place!

In Pre-Trip Planning » Pecos Wilderness conditions?
June 02, 8:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Magnanti

Paul Magnanti has posted no reviews.