Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 551 - 560 of 616 | Page: 1 ...43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62

Forum » Thread

Re: Lunar Duo - Clip?
I haven't set my Duo up since May, but I remember two clips on the line: - One is used to adjust the tension of the guy line - The other is used to keep the "non-entry" port...

In GEAR » Lunar Duo - Clip?
October 19, 11:49am

Re: S T S trail????
I'm not sure "Gear Lists" is the correct forum for this... The STS is on my hit list but the time commitment to do 85 miles is a little too much to fathom for me at this point. He...

In Gear Lists » S T S trail????
October 15, 8:17am

South Central PA Backpackers
Doug, Thanks for the tip. I have a group of five friends who like to go and we usually try to do a trip or two in the Spring and another one in the fall. I have three year-old twins at home so...

In Post-Trip Reports » Old Loggers Path Oct. 11-12th
October 14, 7:37pm

West Rim Trail - PA
Jim, Glad the stream crossing wasn't bad - When I last crossed Pleasant Stream in April the water was too high for rock hopping and the tree that I'm sure you used to cross was wet and s...

October 14, 7:27pm

Old Loggers Path
Jim, I'm really glad you enjoyed the Old Loggers Path - it's one of my favorites and is where two of my friends did their first trips. It's a fun loop and the views, weather permitt...

October 13, 6:56pm

Stove Fireballs
Thanks - Since she knew it was the first time I used the stove she had the camera ready - more as a joke than anything, but it certainly gave us a photo to remember.

In GEAR » Best Stove for use with Puncture Canister
October 13, 11:11am

Stove Fireballs
Does this qualify as a fireball? This was taken by my daughter (amid some hysterical laughter) when I fired up my brand new Optimus stove back in 2005. I had intended to test it before we l...

In GEAR » Best Stove for use with Puncture Canister
October 13, 6:41am

Stream Crossing Foot Protection
Although I haven't personally tried it, I ran into a guy on a trip once who carried two tall white kitchen trash bags for stream crossings. If he came to a stream that required wading across h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » stream crossing footwear input needed
October 12, 6:35pm

Very Small Basic GPS
I don't have one of these (I still use my Garmin 60CS), but I grabbed this link off another posting here... http://www.wintec.com.tw/en/product_detail.php?pro_id=77%20style= Sounds like e...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight GPS / Mapping Software Navigation Systems
September 21, 3:17pm

AquaStar
Yes - they still have a few in their warehouse in AZ. Here's a quote from Meridian Design customer support: "Yes, Camelbak has now leased the rights to the Aquastar with modifications ...

In GEAR » Aquastar BGT reviews disappeared?
September 16, 7:23am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am