BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 551 - 560 of 656 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66

Forum » Thread

Nalgene
Edit: Nevermind... see you already mentioned the collapsable Canteen... I guess I need some more coffee... Gatorade bottles work decent also and are lighter than a standard Nalgene.

In Gear Lists » Perfect gear for summer camping
April 03, 11:39am

Re: Platypus Gravity Filter - How I ditch the clean bag and the clean tube
Hi Manfred. Hope you and the family are doing well. My setup is somewhat similar to yours. I have the 4L Platy and had already been using the 2L Platy Hoser hydration pack. I added to this the S...

In GEAR » Question for those who are gravity filtering...
April 01, 8:51pm

Single Tube
"Don't see how you can have a single tube set up, Jacob! As you described, you've got 2 tubes -- tube A and tube B. The question is which one to choose for double duty as hydration tub...

April 01, 8:42pm

Re: Re: Question for those who are gravity filtering...
Ben, it wasn't a question of choosing to re-use the dirty tube ("tube A") when carrying two tubes, it was a question of carrying a only single tube (i.e. the tube from your hydration ...

April 01, 4:09pm

Re: Re: Question for those who are gravity filtering...
Ben, your description above is what I use (or have set up anyway). I just put together my system then it came to my attention that some people re-use the tube (tube A) which seems unnecessarily ris...

April 01, 2:21pm

Question for those who are gravity filtering...
This is actually a slightly more specific question than the subject led on; it will apply to those using a gravity filter (any) and a hydration system. For anyone not using a hydration system, you ...

April 01, 1:57pm

Re: Re: Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
Thanks for the info Marc. For some reason I thought you guys were out past Dewey Point. Since seeing them at the OR the Toughstakes look very promising, good to hear of an actual report. Which size...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
March 30, 9:06am

Re: Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
I was just taking a look at all of these photos again. Do you guys think putting the blocks around the inside perimeter of your tarps would have kept out the wind driven snow somewhat? Did anyone h...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite " Epic snow Trip" 2011
March 29, 11:12pm

Re: Favorite Backcountry Music?
I never take music with me, but before a hike anything with banjos, washboards, or steel guitar usually sets the mood... Iron and Wine Ugly Casanova The Devil Makes Three etc...

In Philosophy & Technique » Favorite Camping Music?
March 28, 12:50pm

Re: Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
Sorry to be the one to steer back to the original question, but in my experience I travel slightly lighter when solo. It's a personal thing for me but when I share gear (as I always do when tra...

In Philosophy & Technique » Speaking of light; wouldn't sharing gear make our packs much lighter?
March 28, 12:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am