BPL Community Profile

Nathan Watts (7sport) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nathan Watts hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nathan Watts has not added a biography yet.
StateMA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nathan Watts

Showing 551 - 560 of 691 | Page: 1 ...47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ...70

Forum » Thread

Re: SODIS
"UV-A is not effective against all organisms. The SODIS system doesn't make sense and I suspect it is not very successful. I wouldn't rely on it." Just so nobody jumps to concl...

In GEAR » My Steripen Adventure: Concerns and Vindication
February 27, 3:14pm

Re: Sodis vs steripen
"SODIS is a completely different mechanism of treating water, not a supplement to UVC treatment." That's correct. Each stands on its own as an effective method of treatment. I do...

February 27, 3:00pm

Re: sunlight
"@Nathan: Something else I've learned today, very cool .... SODIS recommends 6 hours, metal roof, etc., but you're saying 2 is good? Where are you getting that number from?" Th...

February 27, 2:54pm

Re: Reactivation
UV light can most certainly penetrate clear soda bottles. Look up SODIS system.

February 27, 2:42pm

Kills vs. Inactivates vs. Reactivation
"So if you're using a clear water container, you could be setting yourself up for trouble?" If you're using a clear water container and it's exposed to sunlight, the solar ...

February 27, 2:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Titanium stakes
Nathan - interetsing point. Yeah, I just measured some aluminum stakes and you're right. 1/4 inch diameter aluminum which has 4x the volume only weighs twice...

In GEAR » Titanium stakes
February 27, 10:56am

Re: Titanium stakes
If you're going to increase the diameter you should consider changing to aluminum. they'll be stronger and just as lightweight

In GEAR » Titanium stakes
February 27, 5:49am

Re: K Cups
Starbucks VIA. Try it if you haven't yet

In GEAR » K Cups
February 26, 4:31pm

Re: Black Rock Gear
So true David. I actually just pulled the trigger on a jacket from Wild Things and a big part of that was because its made one state away from me and they had someone answering my questions via ema...

In GEAR » Black Rock Gear
February 26, 2:56pm

Re: summer bivy sleeping
you could try a few things. In a tent (I know different from the confines of a bivy) i've unzipped my bag and used it as a quilt. helps some. next step is removing part of your body from b...

In GEAR » summer bivy sleeping
February 26, 2:48pm

All Reader Reviews by Nathan Watts

Nathan Watts has posted no reviews.