BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 6524 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...653

Forum » Thread

Re: ... Atlanta groups
Hey Jo! I've been looking for a female hiking partner too! ;-) Anyway, I don't know anything about these groups, but a quick google search turned up: Urban Hiking Atlanta Georgi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Need a Female Hiking Partner
March 12, 5:11pm

Re: Re: Wolves kill
"Most of the best research done about the big wild animals in the world were done by scientists who actually LIVED, for many years, with the animals they were studying, ... Timothy Treadwell&q...

In Chaff » Wolves kill teacher in Alaska
March 12, 12:21pm

Re: You got to know when to roll 'em
"I wonder if the gal dragging the tire rolls it down Mt. Si." Nah, Henry didn't watch her long enough. She's actually building a car at the top. Then she's driving down.

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 12, 5:46am

Re: Glacier Hiker in Trouble - Rescued
Hiker rescued from Meade Glacier Searchers have rescued an "extreme hiker" stranded on Meade Glacier near Haines. 28 year-old Kyle Dungan of Skagway is reported to be in good condit...

In Winter Hiking » Glacier Hiker in Trouble
March 11, 9:48pm

Re: Re: Profanity filter
"Now Douglas, if man hadn't the predisposition to go around poking things, how far would humanity have gotten?" Hmmmm. Good point, since procreation is based on that predisposition...

In Chaff » Profanity filter
March 11, 9:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Profanity filter
"that may be a BPL first." It never would have happened if you hadn't poked the cholla. So it's your fault.

March 11, 9:19pm

Re: Profanity filter
LOFL!

March 11, 9:15pm

Profanity filter
I found out something a bit interesting. To me anyway. If you capitalize some profanity, the filter will let it go. But not if you lowercase it. So you can say Shit, but not s-h-i-t. Poop, but not ...

March 11, 9:08pm

Re: Re: Re: any others?
I didn't say just any stick. But I'm not sure what you're trying to get to. Any shelter is going to have to be held up by something. You can carry a single carbon or aluminum pole for t...

In GEAR » Just received my ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tent
March 11, 8:13pm

Re: any others?
Technically, Joe's shelters don't REQUIRE a trekking pole, any pole of sufficient length and strength will work. Pretty much any shelter requires some sort of pole (though some mids have a ...

In GEAR » Just received my ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tent
March 11, 7:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am