BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 6515 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...652

Forum » Thread

Re: any others?
Technically, Joe's shelters don't REQUIRE a trekking pole, any pole of sufficient length and strength will work. Pretty much any shelter requires some sort of pole (though some mids have a ...

In GEAR » Just received my ZPacks Hexamid Solo Tent
March 11, 7:30pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: 3 Finger Lobster Mitt
Hi Eugene! What are you looking for in lobster claw mitts that you're not finding out there? Have you considered weathershields or pogies for motorcycling? Take care, Doug

In Make Your Own Gear » 3 Finger Lobster Mitt
March 11, 3:30pm

Re: Re: 3 Finger Lobster Mitt
"I wish there were actually real options for lobster claw mittens for people that didn't want to sew their own." There are many options for lobster claw mitts. Though most follow t...

In Make Your Own Gear » 3 Finger Lobster Mitt
March 11, 9:40am

Re: WTB Black Bishop Bag
I love my Warbonnet bag with drawstrings on both ends. If I'm not being exceptionally clutzy, I can set up and take down my hammock without it touching the ground. I also leave only one end of ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Black Bishop Bag
March 10, 8:27pm

Re: re golite
Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was responding to Chris' post, saying the ones GoLite was selling for much less were probably the older ones.

In Gear Deals » golite ultra 3 season quilt
March 10, 8:23pm

Re: Re: golite ultra 3 season quilt
Probably the older ones. The newer ones retail for $275 on GoLite's site.

In Gear Deals » golite ultra 3 season quilt
March 10, 7:45pm

Re: Mammut Light Pump Mat
The Mammut site says it inflates in 30 sec. Certainly looks interesting.

In GEAR » Mammut Light Pump Mat
March 10, 6:03pm

Re: My Life is About to Change.
Cool! I love being an uncle. ;-) Much luck. Much success. And many, many happy adventures!

In Chaff » My Life is About to Change.
March 10, 3:30pm

Re: Re: Solo Cuben Fiber Tarp
I think a few questions I would have: Have you worked a lot with cuben in the past? Would you be bonding the seams, gluing them, taping them, sewing them, a combination of these? Only a so...

In GEAR » Solo Cuben Fiber Tarp
March 10, 12:50pm

Re: Re: Stuff Sack Time
"How big is the Pumphouse? How do you 'inflate it' between pumps?" Dimensions: 19.5" long. 12" wide at the open or top end, tapering down to 8" wide at the bott...

In GEAR » Exped Pillow Pump Questions -
March 10, 10:57am

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am