BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 6132 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...614

Forum » Thread

Re: Ultralight Tripod
Have a look at the following thread (skip 2nd page, but do look at third page of thread after the first) http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum...

In Photography » Ultralight Tripod
January 08, 8:05pm

Re: Very kind offer
Oops! Ironically enough, there's an Annandale in the Northern Virginia area, where I work. Hence my offer. You know us danged yanks, we think EVERYTHING refers to the US!

In GEAR » MLD Ti Pot Smells
January 08, 8:01pm

Re: Thanks Pieter
"I don't have a dishwasher though" Surely someone you work with has one! If not, if you work near Fort Belvoir, I'll get it from you and take it home and put it in my dishwashe...

In GEAR » MLD Ti Pot Smells
January 08, 7:38pm

Re: Prolite Plus
As far as sliding, when I had two pads used together, I would simply secure them together with some grossgrain type webbing that I bought at REI (with buckle). One looped and buckled/tightened arou...

In GEAR » Prolite Plus
January 08, 7:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Ziplock bag for cameras?
+ whatever. I keep mine in an Aloksak. Been that way in rain, heat, cold. No issues yet with water buildup/condensation.

In Photography » Ziplock bag for cameras?
January 08, 7:15pm

Re: Pack Cover for ULA
My ULA rain cover from a bit over a year ago weighs 67 grams (a bit under 2.5 oz) on my cheap Salter kitchen scale. It's a size small. You can lighten 'em up a touch, I guess, by removing t...

In GEAR » Pack Cover for ULA
January 08, 7:09pm

Re: FS: LOTS!!!! Gear Downsizing for 2010
Got the quilt yesterday. Great shape! Thanks much.

In Gear Swap » FS: LOTS!!!! Gear Downsizing for 2010
January 07, 8:43pm

Re: WTB: 4 person Pyramid tarp
Depending on the size of the 4, you could also have a look at the MLD SuperMid.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 4 person Pyramid tarp
January 07, 1:39pm

Re: WTB: 4 person Pyramid tarp
Take a look at TiGoat's vertex line. May suit your needs.

In Gear Swap » WTB: 4 person Pyramid tarp
January 07, 1:39pm

Another reason to take your iPhone backpacking
From CES: Flying quadricopter drone controlled by an iPhone Posted on Jan 7, 2010 12:21 am by Robert S. Anthony , PC World Editor’s Note: The following article is reprinted from the Toda...

In Chaff » Another reason to take your iPhone backpacking
January 07, 12:38pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am