BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 6423 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...643

Forum » Thread

Re: T-10s, etc
"Indeed --- I used both the really old "Haul on the risers" type and the (then) newer T-10 with the toggles which were definitely nicer, but as you say, with both I was fully capable...

In GEAR » Wide forefoot/toe box shoe suggestions after pinched nerve
February 28, 2:55pm

Re: Stuff Sacks- overkill?
I don't use a pack liner. I do use sil stuff sacks. One for my quilt (Or one each for my quilts when hammocking). One for my tarp when hammocking. One for my extra clothes. One for my camp down...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Stuff Sacks- overkill?
February 28, 2:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: It's a riot gun.
"Carry on gentlemen, the rest of the forum is pretty slow today and you are my entertainment." Well, in that case, I do believe I'm done shooting my mouth off today, so to speak...

In Chaff » Because I can...
February 28, 1:44pm

Re: Done.
"As far as PMs. I'm a member at many many forums and it's common knowledge that all PMs are between the two members sending them. Public display of PMs is always frowned upon." ...

February 28, 1:32pm

Re: etiquette
"That said, yes, that was poor form of me." Rules, man. Too many rules.......;-) Anyway, I disagree with this statement. If you publicly posted what someone else PM'd you, that ...

February 28, 11:42am

Re: Help with my new (used) contrail!
Contrail Instructions

In GEAR » Help with my new (used) contrail!
February 28, 11:38am

Re: Re: not there
" force myself to max. exposure under the sun" The Brunton models that Roy mentions seem pretty good. I looked them up after his post, and they claim (yes, I know, CLAIM) that they'...

In GEAR » Solar charging electronics?
February 28, 9:19am

Grizzlies vs Polar Bears
Interesting article on Grizzlies invading Polar Bear turf in Canada

In Chaff » Grizzlies vs Polar Bears
February 27, 7:03pm

Re: Solar charging electronics?
A bit 'outside the box' but have you considered just buying a couple or three iPod shuffles? Each weighs about 11 grams (in aluminum) and says they'll play up to 10 hours on a full char...

In GEAR » Solar charging electronics?
February 27, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SUL Self Tightening Tarp
I don't know about the knots! But it looks great, what a super modification.

In Make Your Own Gear » SUL Self Tightening Tarp
February 27, 1:55pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am