Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 6700 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...670

Forum » Thread

FS: '09 ULA Conduit - SOLD
SOLD I have a S/M 2009 ULA Conduit, medium hipbelt, like new condition. Has hipbelt pockets. $85 includes shipping to lower 48, does not include paypal fee.

In Gear Swap » FS: '09 ULA Conduit
March 29, 2:50pm

Re: Re: Not to rain on your parade, but be careful
According to Manitoba Harvest, a Canadian company who makes many edible hemp products, the THC level in modern edible hemp products will not cause a positive drug test. They cite a med journal, as ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Hemp Brownie Cliff Bar
March 29, 2:42pm

Re: Dream Tent
I own my dream tent. It's called a Warbonnet Blackbird hammock.... ;-)

In GEAR » Dream Tent
March 29, 2:37pm

Re: Hammocks 2010
Well, they're certainly not for everybody. But, for me, personally, I sleep far better in a hammock than on any pad on the ground. This winter I had mine down to 3 degrees and was quite toasty ...

In GEAR » Hammocks 2010
March 29, 2:36pm

Re: Re: Fanatic Fringe
Sounds like it's time to learn to sew Tom...

In GEAR » Fanatic Fringe
March 29, 2:29pm

Re: Shelter conundrum
Hey Tom, my transportation offer still stands, BTW.

In GEAR » Shelter conundrum
March 29, 12:06pm

Re: Shelters
"Stargazer, who snores so hard his fillings come loose" Stargazer, who snores so hard MY fillings come loose!

March 29, 12:06pm

Re: Shelter Conundrum Enhanced
A cuben hexamid twin with bug netting and doors and a custom cuben floor. All that for under 15 oz, and it's a palace. Pretty quick setup, plenty of weather protection, unbelievably light for t...

March 29, 9:41am

Re: Long, rainy miles tomorrow
Hmmmm. For the temps you're talking about, I'd probably wear a slightly heavier baselayer and just hike in that. Like you, when I'm moving I generally have no problem keeping my core te...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Long, rainy miles tomorrow
March 28, 5:38pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: What LineLock Cord? - MLD
Greg, I wrote Ron and asked where I might find the stuff he used to sell. His response: "We're out- but looking to get more- unknown when...it was a custom run." So dependin...

In GEAR » What LineLock Cord?
March 28, 3:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am