Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 7581 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...759

Forum » Thread

My new pack
Yeah, yeah, it ain't about the gear. But I loves my new pack! And I don't even have it yet! Sad, I know. Anyway, Chris Zimmer was kind enough to make me a pack with a few added things pe...

In GEAR » My new pack
January 29, 9:02am

Re: doug
"your Swiss friend doesn't mind?" Nah. We have a ball together....

In GEAR » "Bearier" bear cannister
January 28, 9:12pm

Re: Re: Sit on it
"It looks like the Mother of All Suppositories to me." I've been told more than once that I'm the mother of all suppositories. Nice to know I have competition.....

January 28, 8:53pm

Re: RE Snoring
"Only real men snore" That's funny, I thought it was real women who snored. They even wrote a song about it: I am woman, hear me snore In volume too loud to ignore And I sno...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 3rd Annual Bay Area BPL Hike
January 28, 8:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Waterbobble water bottles
"nobody i bought them for including myself seemed to really like them." Why Anna? What didn't you like about them?

In GEAR » Waterbobble water bottles
January 28, 8:25pm

Re: Insultex - by the yard
Thanks for the info Todd!

In Make Your Own Gear » Foam Vest
January 28, 8:03pm

Re: be-all-end-all
I can see not being able to use this as a table, but not sure why people keep saying you can't sit on it. I sit on a swiss ball fully inflated for hours while at the computer, not sure why you ...

January 28, 8:02pm

Re: WTB - silnylon tarp (small)
I've got an MLD mini tarp that I've either never used or used only once, I forget. $25 includes shipping, or you can come pick it up since I live in Bowie. Paypal fees not included, but of ...

In Gear Swap » WTb - silnylon tarp (small)
January 28, 7:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Waterbobble water bottles
"just add some AM or tablets and yer good to go" True enough!

January 28, 7:45pm

Re: Waterbobble water bottles
Interesting, but the Bobble site says not to use them where the water isn't safe - only for use with municipal water.

January 28, 7:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am