Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Doug I. (idester) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale MidAtlantic
About Me Grew up in the Adirondacks. Retired Army. Currently a DoD civilian. Want to retire again and do more backpacking!
CityBowie
StateMaryland
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Doug I.

Showing 5411 - 5420 of 7542 | Page: 1 ...533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 ...755

Forum » Thread

Re: Los Padres, Father and Son, 1/22-1/23
Craig, thanks for sharing. Memories are a very cool thing, both as we're making them and later, as we recall them. It seems you'll have many wonderful ones, and so will your son.

In Post-Trip Reports » Los Padres, Father and Son, 1/22-1/23
January 23, 3:08pm

Re: Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
Katharina, Thanks for sharing your story and your day. We have similar stories -- I (re) started hiking as my father was dying a couple of years ago, taking my first backpacking trip in years tw...

In Post-Trip Reports » Not backpacking, but indulge me anyway
January 23, 3:05pm

Re: Stein Valley Traverse, BC - 8 Days
Great trip, thanks for the report and the pictures. The REI quarterdome T2 was my first backpacking tent (I like my room!). I also woke up one morning (in Vermont) on a waterbed! It had rained s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Stein Valley Traverse, BC - 8 Days
January 23, 8:29am

Re: Re: Cuben Quilts
I haven't had any issues with the vapor entering through the sewing in any meaningful way. I used my cuben quilt on a weeklong trip in Wyoming this year - it was lofting just as well the last n...

In GEAR » A new? cold weather sleep system
January 23, 8:25am

Re: Winter hiking around 0F and below - what do you wear?
An RBH vapr-thrm NTS shirt with forearm and pit zips could probably replace 2-3 of your top layers.

In Winter Hiking » Winter hiking around 0F and below - what do you wear?
January 22, 8:30pm

Re: Looove a big pack!!
Rod, Very. Fricking. Cool. Thanks for sharing!

In GEAR » Big, Heavy Packs
January 22, 7:12pm

Re: thanks everyone
In case I wasn't clear enough, the Rab vapor rise are the pants I use hiking/backpacking, not sitting around in camp. Well, I use them for that too. But mainly hiking. They've done better t...

In GEAR » suggestions for mid layer bottoms
January 22, 5:54pm

Re: suggestions for mid layer bottoms
My favorite hiking pants in cold weather are the Rab vapor rise trail pant. I can wear just that very comfortably to freezing, at least. A pair of light long johns will take you even further. And t...

In GEAR » suggestions for mid layer bottoms
January 22, 3:50pm

Re: Re: Re: Help Me! I need a 1 person shelter
"Where'd you grow up in the Adirondacks?" Lake George, born and bred.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help Me! I need a 1 person shelter
January 21, 11:16pm

Re: Help Me! I need a 1 person shelter
RE: Trailstar and bug net, didn't someone just come up with a bug net designed for the Trailstar? Seems I saw it on a post recently.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help Me! I need a 1 person shelter
January 21, 10:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Doug I.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Packa eVent
Eddie Hinnant's eVent Packa is not a piece of UL gear, even if you factor in the combined use of rain jacket and pack cover. But it's very good for what it is and what it does. I've had th...

In Clothing - Raingear
May 08, 9:09pm

Warbonnet BlackBird
The Warbonnet Blackbird hammock offers, quite simply, the most restful and comfortable sleep I've ever had in the backcountry. It's very well made (craftsmanship), strong and sturdy, and has n...

In Shelters - Hammocks & Accessories
April 05, 8:13am